Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Properly heartbreaking songs

Might be the 'right' time to start this topic, given events elsewhere - but as I'm in a good place I can stand back from the hurt I recall in some songs. Do you have songs that carry extra resonance for you? Perhaps post them and say why or what. I'll kick off with this one - the very last thing Freddie Mercury recorded, and there is a Mozart Requiem (He died before completing the Lachrimosa) moment in the middle where he couldn't come back and finish the track. Years later, Brian May had to finish the vocals off, and by all accounts it was a very difficult experience.

Always loved Queen, such a unique group, and I used to impersonate Freddie too. And of course John Deacon is from Oadby, as am I.

This song makes my wife and I very sad as it was released just before we lost our 9 month old son. Even now it brings a tear to our eyes and an ache in our hearts

• Sad 4

1986, aged 13.

Hayley Young ditched me the day before the school disco.

This was the final song that evening as I sat in the corner alone and an emotional wreck. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

1986, aged 13.

Hayley Young ditched me the day before the school disco.

This was the final song that evening as I sat in the corner alone and an emotional wreck. 

What joke did you tell her to make her realise you weren't the man for her?

• Haha 2