Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Should have a good chance of winning the Europa Conference in just our 3rd season with FC Andorra

image.png.eda284caee41c234a487b092a654b14c.png

Well we made it hard for ourselves after we lost the first leg at home 1-0 and we left it late in the second leg away, but we are into the Final!

image.thumb.png.52d549780a7ca981d16f817dbc2435cc.png

• Like 2

FC Andorra are Europa Conference Winners!

1-1 after 90 minutes and then extra time... and then the best Andorran player on the game, our goalkeeper Iker Alvarez, stepped up and save 3 of Standard's penalties to win it for us!

image.png.1e14540eee0ca7b00963ecd289fccb38.png

Despite the Europa Conference win, the league ended up being a bit disappointing.

After 28 games we were hovering around the Champions League places, but fixture congestion and rotation to deal with the Europa Conference run meant we only won 3 of our last 10 league games and dropped down to outside the European places completely... thankfully the Europa Conference win gets us Europa League football next season!

image.png.595135b7fc82970091201f917ffc532f.png

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

FC Andorra are Europa Conference Winners!

1-1 after 90 minutes and then extra time... and then the best Andorran player on the game, our goalkeeper Iker Alvarez, stepped up and save 3 of Standard's penalties to win it for us!

image.png.1e14540eee0ca7b00963ecd289fccb38.png

Despite the Europa Conference win, the league ended up being a bit disappointing.

After 28 games we were hovering around the Champions League places, but fixture congestion and rotation to deal with the Europa Conference run meant we only won 3 of our last 10 league games and dropped down to outside the European places completely... thankfully the Europa Conference win gets us Europa League football next season!

image.png.595135b7fc82970091201f917ffc532f.png

What a top 7 that is though, also ever fancied doing a Bilbao save? I like the idea but it's definitely one I can't imagine enjoying loads until the regens start paying off.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What a top 7 that is though, also ever fancied doing a Bilbao save? I like the idea but it's definitely one I can't imagine enjoying loads until the regens start paying off.

Valencia had a massive turnaround, finished about 15th the season before!

Yeah I have thought about it but like you say I think it could easily end up being a save where for 5 years+ you are stuck with the same players, that is if you even get any good regens that are worth using!

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Valencia had a massive turnaround, finished about 15th the season before!

Yeah I have thought about it but like you say I think it could easily end up being a save where for 5 years+ you are stuck with the same players, that is if you even get any good regens that are worth using!

Yeah I think if it was fairly easy to pick players up from Sociedad then it would be pretty easy to build but it isn't and it also seems harder to keep players on this years as well. 

19 hours ago, Beliall said:

Took me a bit to find a RAR extractor that wasn't a scam for something else because I clicked on the wrong download links (because I'm hanging and my brain is blitzed from working for the first time in a fortnight)...but got there in the end. Many thanks :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

Took me a bit to find a RAR extractor that wasn't a scam for something else because I clicked on the wrong download links (because I'm hanging and my brain is blitzed from working for the first time in a fortnight)...but got there in the end. Many thanks :)

need any  more help just tag me

• Like 1

This game is messed up. Look at this news item from below.

I got Derby promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt hardly dropping out of the top 2 all season.

Contradicts itself in every paragraph. I met every requirement ahead of schedule too.

20230102_235219.jpg

• Haha 1

Finished 11th then 8th in the top tier with Alta - both seasons I think I was fearing the drop with about the last third of the season left then we caught fire and flew up the table. We're still not in a great place financially but we've had a substantial sale at last in the form of Brazilian winger Glauber Serrao to Hertha for £3.5mil.

We've been good early doors in this season. 6th after 6 games and we've already played Molde, Stromsgodset and Rosenborg (beating the latter). The two games against strugglers I won 4-1 and 0-3. We'll be fine this season. My plan of hoovering up the best youngsters from the 3rd/4th tiers of Norway already paying dividends as I've managed to cash in one of them for £400k, who wasn't a bad player but didn't really fit my system either.

Enjoying this. The best saves by mile are simply when you make something out of nothing.

14 hours ago, Rain King said:

This game is messed up. Look at this news item from below.

I got Derby promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt hardly dropping out of the top 2 all season.

Contradicts itself in every paragraph. I met every requirement ahead of schedule too.

20230102_235219.jpg

Serves you right

• Haha 1

Got offered the Pisa job and took it so back in Serie C. Had to sell a few players with them getting relegated but managed to convince a few to stay on under the promise we go up (which we will easily) managed to persuade Lucca to do just that. Needed a right back so signed Dani Alves on a free, 1k a week, I thought he'd be good to just pad the squad but he's probably one of my best players and his physical attributes are still very good for a 40 year old. 

Lucca should beat my lad from Vicenza who got 59 in 38 league games last season.

Started unemployed.  Am newly promoted Wigan boss, with the easy task of struggling to avoid relegation from the Championship.

No money!

Works great on Steamdeck, but writing is a wee bit small

Edited by filthyfox

On 03/01/2023 at 00:38, Dan LCFC said:

Finished 11th then 8th in the top tier with Alta - both seasons I think I was fearing the drop with about the last third of the season left then we caught fire and flew up the table. We're still not in a great place financially but we've had a substantial sale at last in the form of Brazilian winger Glauber Serrao to Hertha for £3.5mil.

We've been good early doors in this season. 6th after 6 games and we've already played Molde, Stromsgodset and Rosenborg (beating the latter). The two games against strugglers I won 4-1 and 0-3. We'll be fine this season. My plan of hoovering up the best youngsters from the 3rd/4th tiers of Norway already paying dividends as I've managed to cash in one of them for £400k, who wasn't a bad player but didn't really fit my system either.

Enjoying this. The best saves by mile are simply when you make something out of nothing.

Makes me laugh this game. Hit an absurdly good run, we made a good start in 2027 but really tailed off after a series of dreadful attacking displays (my combined xg for in 4 games was something like 1.2) so I tweaked my system to a flat 4-4-2, moved the defensive line higher, something I could do a bit easier as I had a pretty quick young Colombian defender join us. Just rolled the dice a bit basically. We lost to Tromso who are somehow top in the first game of this but played pretty well, before then going and winning 7 games in a row. Beat Molde, Rosenborg, Stromsgodset, and somehow got up to 2nd in the table, just three behind Tromso in what was becoming the unlikeliest title race ever. Extremely Leicester-esque in that my striker, Elias Aarflot (signed from Tromso nontheless) had scored in 9 games in a row. We could do no wrong. Another funny story on this is I signed an Ivorian striker, name is Claude Lohoues, 19 years old, the usual quick regen striker. I found him because I was searching for somebody called "Aude" and accidentally clicked on him instead, and I liked the look of him, scouted and ended up signing him for £200k, genuinely a bargain and he scores with his first touch after coming on against HamKam. This is the kind of thing happening to us, nothing can go wrong.

Enter 15th placed Stabaek. They come to Tromso (we're still playing in Tromso annoyingly), we edge a pretty drab game and in the 63rd minute, we gift them a ridiculous opener. They then take two pot shots within the next 5 minutes and lead 0-3. It's so daft it's hilarious. We end the weekend 5th in the table and I don't know if I can face the last 7 games. I'm sure I've got Bodo soon too, who we never lay a glove on, despite them being frequently underwhelming.

I just want Europe though if I'm honest. I want some money so we can get some better facilities and, most importantly, back to Alta. I'm a bit worried though that because our crowds are so crap that they won't bother building a new stadium for that reason. I have to play at Tromsdalen, who are now in the 3rd tier who's ground holds about 4,000, and the minimum requirement for the league is I think 3,000. I don't know if there's something in the algorithm stopping them simply because we only get about 600 a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I just had a keeper say he isn't starting enough games...... he's played every minute this season.

I found keepers on 22 pretty atrocious and not tonnes better on this, although I've got a really good one now called Lykke, Danish. Somehow got him on a free, he was good when I got him but he's developed no end in a year, generally averaged over 7 etc... (though was pretty horrible in the aforementioned Stabaek debacle). I got him from Norsdjaelland on a free, I'd be surprised if their keeper is better than him, baffled they let him go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I found keepers on 22 pretty atrocious and not tonnes better on this, although I've got a really good one now called Lykke, Danish. Somehow got him on a free, he was good when I got him but he's developed no end in a year, generally averaged over 7 etc... (though was pretty horrible in the aforementioned Stabaek debacle). I got him from Norsdjaelland on a free, I'd be surprised if their keeper is better than him, baffled they let him go.

I was Nordsjaelland on last years and they do have a couple of good young keepers and I don't remember him. Danish teams are class for free agents/non contracted players. This is that Jakubech guy from Lille got him on a free, things like this annoy me with FM though such a stupid glitch. Also annoyingly Dani Alves is club captain for me at Pisa and the bloke refuses to ever talk to other players. Vicenza who I left have played 11 in Serie B and lost 10 after I got them promoted, whilst I've got Lucca on about 21 in 12 league games back in Serie C😂

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I was searching for somebody called "Aude" and accidentally clicked on him instead, and I liked the look of him, scouted and ended up signing him for £200k,

O to have 200k to spend!

I have half a back room, and a squad that is just about struggling in the Championship!

Needed to renew quite a lot of contracts too, which took up the cash i did have.

If I had 2 mil, what a difference I could make.

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Saved Wigan from relegation... the board gave me a teeny, tiny bit of money...  but it looks like they are dire financial difficulties despite surviving.  

I even kept the budgets within allowed levels FFS!

Alright Brendan.

Did the best we could probably do in our World Cup Qualifying Group really

Beat Moldova twice, beat and drew with Kosovo, and Belgium only beat us by 5-0 so not too bad

23 man squad is starting to be taken over by my FC Andorra regens as well, now got 8 players that are 18 or under regularly starting for the National Team

image.png.ad4de44d466a979a67b0866b9e7f5133.png

• Like 2