Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

On 02/02/2023 at 07:45, Sir Shep said:

I see this has now come out on PS5 after a delay, Is it worth getting for mardy impatient folk like me? 

This late into the season I don't see the point. Whatever the delay was i cant imagine it will happen again next season. You'll pay a fortune for a game that will likely have a new season's version out in 7 months

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2023 at 01:20, Dan LCFC said:

image.thumb.png.6e285149dcb53a02335703cdf5728ba5.png

Holy shit lol 

there's some weird big relegations in this game. my first season as Leicester Chelsea finished 19th, Potter getting sacked in November and the Brodge coming in to take them down lol

Edited by The Doctor
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

there's some weird big relegations in this game. my first season as Leicester Chelsea finished 19th, Potter getting sacked in November and the Brodge coming in to take them down lol

The dream!

Man Utd survived sadly, went 2-0 up after 2 minutes and that was that, before then winning the Conference League.

image.thumb.png.d14d3a2b5826ea0300c08f0a777424dc.png

Halle****inglujah. Now it's time to get this club back to Alta.

I'm 3rd after 14 games this season, unbeaten but it's 6 wins and 8 draws so we're wobbling a bit.

I've just made my biggest sale - Serbian defender I picked up a year ago for a million, just sold him to Liverpool for £5.5mil rising to £9mil, with potentially big sell ons as well if they end up shifting him for big money, which I think they possibly could.

I'm also going into the CL play-off - so at worst we'll be in the Europa League groups this season, and receive £4mil just for losing the play-off lol so yeah we finally have a bit of money to play with.

• Like 2

Realistically, there was always going to be one job that I would leave Manchester United for.

In January 2032, Leicester City are 18th in the Premier League.  Brendan has been and gone twice, and his successor lasted just half a season.

This is MY club, this is where my heart is. Time to rebuild and turn Filbert into a Fortress.

Miraculously KDH, Youri and Patson are still playing regularly.

Fast forward, and Leicester have won the Europa League and finished 14th with a comfortable cushion.

Edited by filthyfox

Alta are going home!!!

2033 remember the year. The most northern team in the world returns to actually being the most northern team in the world, courtesy of our new behemoth 3,300 stadium!

I'm pretty sure we'll still have to move for European games but hopefully there'll be room for expansion - not that we currently get the crowds.

I've drawn Djurgarden in the play-offs. It's tough, a team very similar to my own level and yet again we go into it a goalkeeper down, although injury this time rather than the usual of my board selling them just before it. Win this and I'm in the Champions League group stage, lose it and it's the Europa League.

2028 and FC Andorra have picked up their first La Liga title!

A 1-0 win against Real Madrid at the start of April proved to be the decisive result in the end

Summer signing Telles Magno was definitely our star of the season with 13 goals and 17 assists in 32 league games (16 goals and 21 assists in 42 appearances overall)

Matias Arezo who was actually back up to Pinamonti for the first 15 league games then came in and smashed it with 19 goals and 4 assists in 23 league games (31 goals and 6 assists in 36 appearances overall)

Despite the title win just £6m transfer budget and £70k wages for the summer, but I have a couple of youth players I plan to bring through to the first team who actually helped our B Team to be Champions of the 2nd division by 19 points!

image.png.f1adcb7251b68b2c01139287a895a042.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

While managing Kettering this season, City sold Madders to the Geordies and got relegated. 

The Poppies failed to offer me what I thought I was worth, especially as I got them promoted. They replaced me with Conte. 

It’s frightening how realistic this game is. 

I finished 25th in the League Phase. We beat Leverkusen as well which was another mad result - they were genuinely second best here and I wonder if conditions are playing a part here, because it's hard to imagine how they can be so poor.

I won the cup as well from 2-0 down against Rosenborg. We are great fun now.

On 19/02/2023 at 11:54, moore_94 said:

Should be fun

image.png.337503b76dc3ac0b2280e5d0c7121907.png

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this some form of expanded super league champions league ?  Is that actually happening in real life?  If so ... multiple english sides can play in the same group ? :dunno:

Edited by Lambert09

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this some form of expanded super league champions league ?  Is that actually happening in real life?  If so ... multiple english sides can play in the same group ? :dunno:

Yeah it is the new system that will be in place from 2024/25 - called the Swiss format

Fixtures are based on a seeding system and will always be 4 at home, and 4 away - Below is Man City's fixtures for example

image.png.7ac2c37fdc992483f20287d37297a7bb.png

All results just go into 1 big table rather than smaller groups

1-8 go through to round of 16, 9-24 go into a knockout stage - no more dropping into the lower competition

https://punditarena.com/football/james-fenton/new-champions-league-format-explained/

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah it is the new system that will be in place from 2024/25 - called the Swiss format

Fixtures are based on a seeding system and will always be 4 at home, and 4 away - Below is Man City's fixtures for example

image.png.7ac2c37fdc992483f20287d37297a7bb.png

All results just go into 1 big table rather than smaller groups

1-8 go through to round of 16, 9-24 go into a knockout stage - no more dropping into the lower competition

https://punditarena.com/football/james-fenton/new-champions-league-format-explained/

Thanks for this. Not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, playing 8 teams would be fun for a fan but overall its just designed to make it all the more impossible for a small side to sneak through.