Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

I finished 5th and annoyingly missed out on Europe. Stuttered a bit late on but there is a great twist to follow. We only get 4 European spots now and 4th was possible on the final day, but it transpired that the cup winner would be getting it and yet again, amazingly, Sandefjord have won the cup. It's got to be one of the weirdest quirks I've seen on it - they're in the second tier but they've now won the cup in 3 of the last 6 seasons.

The funny twist was we basically robbed Tromso of their first ever league title by beating them on the penultimate weekend. They'd been top virtually all season, I was convinced they were going to beat us to win the league but they absolutely froze and we beat them 0-2 (meaning I'm still 100% for wins at their place). The first real story of a rivalry to be I've no doubt! Brann ended up winning the league with Tromso 2nd. A big underperformance by a lot of the big teams, which is good in one sense but it's only going to serve to weaken the league if our European entries are all going to be pinged out before they hit the groups.

All fun this though. Reckon I'm going to generate a lot more money this window in sales. Got a few players being sniffed around, including a striker called Aarflot who I bought from Tromso nontheless, who was exceptional and won the golden boot. I'll sell anybody for the right offer.

• Like 3

On 08/01/2023 at 00:01, filthyfox said:

Saved Wigan from relegation... the board gave me a teeny, tiny bit of money...  but it looks like they are dire financial difficulties despite surviving.  

I even kept the budgets within allowed levels FFS!

To be fair mate they get about 20 turn up every week and 10 of them thought they were coming to see Rugby League...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

To be fair mate they get about 20 turn up every week and 10 of them thought they were coming to see Rugby League...

Have moved on...

Is now my third season, and my third club.  Norwich (via Hull for 3/4 a season), pushing for promotion!

Not bad, considering I started unemployed.

Edited by filthyfox
  • Like 1

Promotion to the Premier gives the reward of a new contract... 24k per week.

I like to imagine what I would spend that money on.

So far I have spent 45k on a holiday.  I own a 1.65m house at the top of my road, with a view of Portland Harbour.  https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125124272#/?channel=RES_BUY

The 8 bed, 4 bathroom house in Norwich https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129974393#/?channel=RES_LET I am renting ain't bad.  Neither are the brand new Range Rover, my hired "help" and the second car for the Missus!

Edited by filthyfox
  • Haha 1

Been playing tons recently and have won lots with Bayern Munich.

Started the 2030 season and got the England manager job… and won the bloody thing!

Beat Brazil in the final. 
Rashford and Saka were my best players but I called up quite a few younger players who did well. Bellingham was exceptional and Ramsdale was the keeper.

14 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Promotion to the Premier gives the reward of a new contract... 24k per week.

I like to imagine what I would spend that money on.

So far I have spent 45k on a holiday.  I own a 1.65m house at the top of my road, with a view of Portland Harbour.  https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125124272#/?channel=RES_BUY

The 8 bed, 4 bathroom house in Norwich https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129974393#/?channel=RES_LET I am renting ain't bad.  Neither are the brand new Range Rover, my hired "help" and the second car for the Missus!

This is superb lol 

Reminds me of the 'Million pound game' we once did in IT at school, think it was a way of teaching us excel, but we had to spend every last penny, document it etc. Great fun!

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

This is superb lol 

Reminds me of the 'Million pound game' we once did in IT at school, think it was a way of teaching us excel, but we had to spend every last penny, document it etc. Great fun!

It is an Excel spreadsheet I am using.   Is great fun!   Expecting to get sacked from Norwich though.  

Didn't get to the League stage of the European Conference, and will probably get relegated, having spent a fortune.

Our 4th season in charge of FC Andorra, 3rd season in La Liga, and we qualify for the Champions League for the first time ever after finishing the season in 3rd! We have been up there all season and definitely deserve it

image.png.edd2f5601d0f36cb8f322201ba485df0.png

Can be pretty proud of our first season in the Europa League as well as we made it to the Semi Final, Lyon won the first leg 3-0 and we put in a shift in the second leg to get it back to 4-3 on agg but just couldn't quite do enough

image.png.2abb8ebd20b4cf44048ef668e1ddb51f.png

Been given £13m transfer budget (highest so far) and we mostly need to improve our squad depth, I don't tend to rotate too much because a lot of our backup players aren't good enough so by the end of the season most of my starting 11 are knackered!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Well.  Norwich was fun, but there was always going to be a ceiling.

For a laugh I applied for the Man U job that came up on Nov 25th 2025.  Norwich were 15th in the Premier, Man U were 11th.

Accepted the job that was offered, with a 50k per week pay check.

Bought this badboy https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/128489708#/?channel=RES_BUY

Now for immortality.

Edited by filthyfox

18 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Well.  Norwich was fun, but there was always going to be a ceiling.

For a laugh I applied for the Man U job that came up on Nov 25th 2025.  Norwich were 15th in the Premier, Man U were 11th.

Accepted the job that was offered, with a 50k per week pay check.

Bought this badboy https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/128489708#/?channel=RES_BUY

Now for immortality.

You realise there’s about to be a virtual property crash in made up world? 😄

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You realise there’s about to be a virtual property crash in made up world? 😄

I doubt there will be at that level... actually, at any level.

Property appears to be the most protected thing in this country, all you have to do is look at the constant reductions in stamp duty.

January 2028...

I have been in charge of MUFC for 2 years.

Still haven't won anything.  Just been given a 75k (gross) per week contract;  that's a 40k per month net pay rise.

Just sold my Range Rover Sport, and swapped it for a 500k Rolls Royce Phantom to take me home to Weymouth whenever the need arises.

I might even turn up to the training ground in it instead of my Aston DBS, who knows.

I now own my Weymouth house outright (see post above for the pictures).

UPDATE:- Won the Europa League and the League Cup

Edited by filthyfox