Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I must be missing something?

I’m with Bayern in the Champions League and rather than ‘groups’, the teams involved are all in one big table (from 23/24 season).

The fixtures seem to be randomised?

Is that what’s gonna happen in reality?

🤷‍♂️

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/4366699/champions-league-swiss-model-revamp-all-you-need-to-know

It is called the Swiss model, you are still drawn into a "group" for fixtures, but your results just goes into one big table

UEFA will create four pots of nine teams, almost certainly based upon the five-year club coefficient. Each team will play a selection of 10 teams (five home, five away) from each pool to create a fixture list of roughly equal strength.

The teams in Pot 1 will draw two other clubs from Pot 1, three from Pot 2 and 3 and another two from Pot 4. Teams from the same association cannot play each other.

The top eight go directly through to the round of 16. Clubs placed 9th to 24th will go into two-legged playoffs, with the winners going through and the losers dropping into the Europa League. Clubs ranked 25th to 36th will be eliminated from Europe.

It means the team ranked 24th in the group stage, only good enough for an unseeded place in Europa League under the current system, could actually still go on to be European champions.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/4366699/champions-league-swiss-model-revamp-all-you-need-to-know

It is called the Swiss model, you are still drawn into a "group" for fixtures, but your results just goes into one big table

UEFA will create four pots of nine teams, almost certainly based upon the five-year club coefficient. Each team will play a selection of 10 teams (five home, five away) from each pool to create a fixture list of roughly equal strength.

The teams in Pot 1 will draw two other clubs from Pot 1, three from Pot 2 and 3 and another two from Pot 4. Teams from the same association cannot play each other.

The top eight go directly through to the round of 16. Clubs placed 9th to 24th will go into two-legged playoffs, with the winners going through and the losers dropping into the Europa League. Clubs ranked 25th to 36th will be eliminated from Europe.

It means the team ranked 24th in the group stage, only good enough for an unseeded place in Europa League under the current system, could actually still go on to be European champions.

well at least its more simplified now

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Spent £5m on him in the summer and it has been a decent start to life at FC Andorra for Matias Arezo

image.thumb.png.5f901a62d37482450d86226525063957.png

I'll always love Arezo, I was River Plate Montevideo a few years back when he was 16 and he scored a stupid amount of goals, only had him for 2 seasons  before some Mexican side took him off me for 20 odd million

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

What a way to ruin football

Just now, Rain King said:

What happens now? Also love a good cup draw but haven't got the new version yet.

basically a nic escreen with a "live" twitter feed, and a presenter, who first welcomes you, then announces a team will be drawn, then draws a team, comments on it, announces the team to draw, then draws it, repeat with a 5 second wait in betwen if using auto play. or you can click through to speed it up which is equally tedious

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beliall said:

i used to like watching the automatic draw for the later rounds of the cups, but this new format is so....****ing.....slow .....and ....boring i just skip it completely now

True. It’s dreadful.

• Like 1

10 games in in the second tier and I'm bottom of the table but it's been a bit silly, our discipline is costing us now, 4 red cards in 10 games, we've drawn more than we've lost, we're in the top half on the xG. I think we'll be OK but I will need a reinforcement or two because some of the players are just crap. What I do like about this though is it's a bit more realistic. I'm convinced on 22 I'd have probably ended up going up again, it's not quite as easy in the lower leagues.

Just got a bit too casual for a game against a bottom of the table team. Accidentally put my backup goalkeeper in at CB instead of Sub 1.

How did I notice? 6 minutes in to the game he leaps like a salmon to nod home a near post header from a corner. lol

Going to have to leave him on now and take the first choice off.

• Haha 3

On 07/12/2022 at 09:30, Tommy Fresh said:

We all know the excitement of this intake will end in tears with the best of the bunch being 3 star potential. Subsequently leading me to sack my Head of Youth Development.

Bromma Intake.PNG

The intake was actually better than predicted, issue now is I already have a first 11 of 5 star teenagers, plus about 10 out on loan, now I have a load more.

47 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The intake was actually better than predicted, issue now is I already have a first 11 of 5 star teenagers, plus about 10 out on loan, now I have a load more.

I don't see a problem. lol

I play FM like Leo DiCaprio, once you're 25 it's time to move on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see a problem. lol

I play FM like Leo DiCaprio, once you're 25 it's time to move on. 

My issue is you can't play them all 😂, out of interest do you find players not in the first team develop better on loan or in your own youth set up?

Nothing better than one of those random youths who didn't look up to much, randomly becoming a world beater.

Edited by Tommy Fresh