Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

Has anybody got a link for a badge pack that I don't have to pay or sign up for?

Think you'd really like the one I'm using at the moment, the stone pack on sortitoutsi is lush. Got a real kinda mural on a brick wall vibe. The Chelsea example on the download page isn't actually the best IMO. Plus the pack comes with folders with Alternates and Retros which has got a running fox LCFC classic logo you can swap to if you prefer.

I am a Premium sortitoutsi member though so I don't know if they're free. I think they are aren't they? I think the subscription on sortitoutsi is purely to get faster download speeds or be able to download multiple files at the same time etc?

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/logos

Hows this for a bag of cringe. When I was a much younger, at Christmas I used to do my own sort of League Cup if you like, write all PL/EFL clubs on a bit of paper, snip them and chuck it in a mug to do the draw and so on. Not done it for ages, and not got much else to do the next week so I thought with the newer PC I have it should be quite quick and easy to do. Simply involves starting a new save and arranging a friendly with the correct opponent. However this compared to bloody FM 05 its so much more hassle to get this done lol 35 games in the first round so I thought i'd try and rattle through them 5 at a time. But this included having to make sure all intra-squad friendlies on the 2nd day were cancelled during the induction, then go on holiday instantly for a day at every club so that I don't have to choose a tactic (which for some reason is required!?). Then with the away sides I arranged a friendly and holiday'd until it was done, then finally with all home teams I had to change the staff responsibilities so that I had to manually accept the friendly invitation otherwise my assistant would cancel it. Then i'd go on holiday after accepting with the remaining sides and voila. Had a couple of issues where the Morecambe/Harrogate board wouldn't allow me to travel to QPR/Stevenage for a friendly, so I let them play at home instead but decided i'd do a -1 handicap for both home sides. Of course both sides won 1-0, so I did a replay where that result would stand. QPR/Harrogate went through.

First round lol A fair few shocks there, more so Stockport (i'm using FM 22 and they're still a Vanarama side)

QPR 3 V 0 MORECAMBE
MANSFIELD 2 V 4 MILLWALL
SWINDON 4 V 0 BARROW
NORWICH 3 V 1 PETERBOROUGH AET
WYCOMBE 1 V 2 SHEFF UTD
PLYMOUTH 1 V 0 IPSWICH
STEVENAGE 1 V 2 HARROGATE
FOREST GREEN 1 V 3 BIRMINGHAM
READING 1 V 2 WALSALL
SHEFF WED 5 V 3 ROCHDALE AET
SUNDERLAND 3 V 2 DONCASTER
STOCKPORT 2 V 1 BRISTOL CITY
SALFORD 2 V 3 ACCRINGTON
BRISTOL ROVERS 1 V 2 CHELTENHAM
OXFORD 2 V 0 BLACKBURN
TRANMERE 1 V 2 HARTLEPOOL
LUTON 5 V 0 PORTSMOUTH
LEYTON ORIENT 0 V 4 HULL
STOKE 2 V 0 NORTHAMPTON
PORT VALE 1 V 3 BLACKPOOL
HUDDERSFIELD 1 V 4 DERBY
BARNSLEY 1 V 2 SWANSEA
COVENTRY 2 V 3 CRAWLEY
SUTTON 2 V 3 WIGAN
GILLINGHAM 0 V 1 SHREWSBURY
CHARLTON 1 V 2 ROTHERHAM
CAMBRIDGE 2 V 0 WBA
WIMBLEDON 1 V 3 PRESTON
MK DONS 1 V 2 GRIMSBY
MIDDLESBROUGH 3 V 0 CARLISLE
CARDIFF 1 V 1 EXETER (CARDIFF PENS)
BRADFORD 2 V 3 FLEETWOOD
COLCHESTER 3 V 2 CREWE
LINCOLN 2 V 0 BURTON
NEWPORT 2 V 0 BOLTON

7 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Finally got round to starting my second season with Brommapojkarna, tell you what it's a lot harder this year with promoted sides, the past few editions you just flew by once you had that good first season. Although my opening 5 games were against probably the best 5 teams, which is probably why I struggled as well. Got the usual mardy arse fans and board reactions though, which seems unlikely considering these are the definition of a yo yo club, and the oldest player at the club is 22. 

I think it is too and that's a good thing. On 20, 21 and 22 I reckon I'd have done consecutive promotions with Alta but this time I scraped survival in the second tier, although I did go up the year after albeit I was a bit fortunate to as well.

Eliteserien isn't easy although I'm about 90% sure I'll stay up, but I have brought in a few pretty decent players and something will have to give because I'm losing money every month, and we don't even have a home ground.

• Like 1

i just started at shrivenham with the tier 10 database. we have no money, no staff and the players all look shit except i cant really tell without stars. and i have no idea what their best position is without an assistant, which im having to advertise for because , again, no assistant lol and we just got dicked 6-0 by warwick in pre season 

image.thumb.png.33044d9ba48dc99724c38a4e8a8bb41c.png

image.thumb.png.bdd54af7e56c6175b18f151c2f545b4a.png

this could be a fun one though

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think it is too and that's a good thing. On 20, 21 and 22 I reckon I'd have done consecutive promotions with Alta but this time I scraped survival in the second tier, although I did go up the year after albeit I was a bit fortunate to as well.

Eliteserien isn't easy although I'm about 90% sure I'll stay up, but I have brought in a few pretty decent players and something will have to give because I'm losing money every month, and we don't even have a home ground.

Yeah it seemed as soon as you stuck to a system and had some form it was borderline impossible to be stopped. Picked up now with Brommapojkarna, now I'm not playing European candidates, have you found the European places changing mid season in Norway due to coefficient movement. Gone from a very possible 7th upwards during the first half of the season to just top 4 in Sweden on my save.

Second season with Brommapojkarna, promoted in the first year and started very poorly in the top flight, these were my opening 5 results. 
Now 22 games in and got a genuine chance at Europe and an outside chance of the title, initial contract was due to expire at the end of this season and after the reaction to those opening 5 I was just gonna leave without extending (not bitter though) also the board keep selling players, I have extended though.

Bromma Results.PNG

Bromma Table.PNG

On 21/12/2022 at 15:41, Tommy Fresh said:

Second season with Brommapojkarna, promoted in the first year and started very poorly in the top flight, these were my opening 5 results. 
Now 22 games in and got a genuine chance at Europe and an outside chance of the title, initial contract was due to expire at the end of this season and after the reaction to those opening 5 I was just gonna leave without extending (not bitter though) also the board keep selling players, I have extended though.

Bromma Results.PNG

Bromma Table.PNG

Finished 3rd and then got offered the Malmo job who finished 8th. Took it and their bank balance and budgets are unreal for a side that hasn't qualified for Europe in two seasons. Needless to say I've raided Brommapojkarna for a load of the kids I was playing and for a laugh picked up a 42 year old Ibrahimovic for nothing and a small wage, attributes still very good apart from the expected pace etc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Started a save with Vicenza, noticed they have Chelsea as a rival. Had a look and can see they played each other in a Cup Winners Cup semi final back in 98, anyone have any idea why it's a rivalry though? Controversial decisions? Bad tackles? Anything like that?

vicenza probably want to buy our players too and keep missing out

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Started a save with Vicenza, noticed they have Chelsea as a rival. Had a look and can see they played each other in a Cup Winners Cup semi final back in 98, anyone have any idea why it's a rivalry though? Controversial decisions? Bad tackles? Anything like that?

Vicenza were winning 1-0 after their home leg. They scored first at Chelsea to go 2-0 and should have won it from there. 

Bit of a bottle job to collapse 3-1 and Chelsea went through. Sparky got the winner. 

Too young for me to register if there was controversy or crowd trouble or anything but I assume you'd have to be pretty bitter about that turn of events if you're Vicnenza so wouldn't surprise me if there was a refs decision they didn't like or whatever. But let's be honest, Chelsea being Chelsea their fans were probably raging cvnts about it. I mean this is before Abramovich and all his money came to water town the Chelsea mob. 

Especially given, let's be honest, Italian fans can be moody to say the least lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

Absolutely pissed Serie C got a striker currently on 50 odd league goals with 4 to play, issue I'm having is Pisa look set to drop from Serie B and the manager is likely getting the boot. Lucca is on loan at Ajax from them with an 8 million option to buy, I don't think they'll take them up on it and if their manager does go I'm going to be torn if to apply or not solely on having Lucca in Serie C 😂 he's contracted with them until 2026 as well.

Edited by Tommy Fresh