Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

On 20/01/2023 at 15:38, Tommy Fresh said:

Just finished my second season and the below is my record after two years in Serie C with Vicenza and then Pisa.

Record.PNG

Also I've just come very close to releasing Lorenzo Lucca for not reaching the century

Lucca.PNG

The editor can do wonderful things!

On 16/01/2023 at 18:37, Dan LCFC said:

image.thumb.png.346788a4d408f8657c7355f3163ffcde.png

It's going to be emotional lol 

Finished 4th lol we didn't turn up at all sadly and drew. The others all won though so even if we'd won we wouldn't have won the league. It guaranteed me a Conference League finish.

So in Norway the season runs around March to November, so Europe doesn't start until after your half way point. I've played my next season as well. We were around the top for a bit of it but Rosenborg and Brann overthrow us. I changed tactic to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 as I think we're now at a point where we can play properly on the front foot.

We finished 4th again following a quite mixed finish. Think one thing that's going to hurt us is the summer window and losing key players late. I'll come to a significant loss I had in a bit.

Europe - we drew Dinamo Batumi of Georgia which I thought was a decent measure for where I'm at, they had a couple of OK players, I expected to beat them but didn't quite expect to go to Georgia and stick 7 past them. 9-2 win on aggregate. We draw Banik Ostrava of Czech Republic, in a surprise tie as they beat Anderlecht.

I beat them 2-0 at home. They're no mugs if they can take Anderlecht over two legs and they're not bad away here but we're clinical. I think we have to be careful away there. I rest virtually everybody in my league game, yet somehow still beat Bodo/Glimt away in a real freak of a game, though Bodo have really blown their advantage in this league now. They were spending £30mil a window not all that long ago and they're not back to being average.

I went away to Banik Ostrava and got by them in the most dramatic way. We went 2-0 down, let in a third with about 5 left but saved ourselves with the last kick of the game and took it to extra time following a 3-1 loss. My left back then curls in a 20 yarder in the 120th minute to send us through to the final qualifying round. It's Vitoria Guimaraes. I think this is probably the end. Especially as my board sell my keeper to Rayo Vallecano for a paltry £2.5mil just before the tie. He's the one player I thought was irreplaceable as well - and especially in this instance given he was sold after the registration deadline, so I'm stuck with a pretty poor backup playing both legs.

We lose 1-0 in Portugal but we were genuinely the better team and unlucky to lose. Guimaraes are managed by none other than Moreno who used to play for us - turns out he's actually there in real life.

I fancy us to turn it around but we are heartbroken. I beat them 3-2, largely dominating the game again, and we lose the game in a ridiculous shootout, one that I'm convinced we win should we have our original keeper. My backup lets in I think three penalties that he goes the right way for and just lets under him. He misses his penalty (the 10th taker, we had a late red card), he then saves the oppositions, before my original first taker then misses our 11th and we lose from there.

I sign an Argentine keeper for £900k (a club record) to replace my old one. He has a terrible first 10 games and I'm considering cashing already, but he's shown signs of improvement.

Luckily though, we're back in the Conference League as our 4th placed finish was saved by eventual champions Brann also winning the cup. Norwegian sides have actually done quite well in Europe this season so the number of places we get should be going up again.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Finished 4th lol we didn't turn up at all sadly and drew. The others all won though so even if we'd won we wouldn't have won the league. It guaranteed me a Conference League finish.

So in Norway the season runs around March to November, so Europe doesn't start until after your half way point. I've played my next season as well. We were around the top for a bit of it but Rosenborg and Brann overthrow us. I changed tactic to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 as I think we're now at a point where we can play properly on the front foot.

We finished 4th again following a quite mixed finish. Think one thing that's going to hurt us is the summer window and losing key players late. I'll come to a significant loss I had in a bit.

Europe - we drew Dinamo Batumi of Georgia which I thought was a decent measure for where I'm at, they had a couple of OK players, I expected to beat them but didn't quite expect to go to Georgia and stick 7 past them. 9-2 win on aggregate. We draw Banik Ostrava of Czech Republic, in a surprise tie as they beat Anderlecht.

I beat them 2-0 at home. They're no mugs if they can take Anderlecht over two legs and they're not bad away here but we're clinical. I think we have to be careful away there. I rest virtually everybody in my league game, yet somehow still beat Bodo/Glimt away in a real freak of a game, though Bodo have really blown their advantage in this league now. They were spending £30mil a window not all that long ago and they're not back to being average.

I went away to Banik Ostrava and got by them in the most dramatic way. We went 2-0 down, let in a third with about 5 left but saved ourselves with the last kick of the game and took it to extra time following a 3-1 loss. My left back then curls in a 20 yarder in the 120th minute to send us through to the final qualifying round. It's Vitoria Guimaraes. I think this is probably the end. Especially as my board sell my keeper to Rayo Vallecano for a paltry £2.5mil just before the tie. He's the one player I thought was irreplaceable as well - and especially in this instance given he was sold after the registration deadline, so I'm stuck with a pretty poor backup playing both legs.

We lose 1-0 in Portugal but we were genuinely the better team and unlucky to lose. Guimaraes are managed by none other than Moreno who used to play for us - turns out he's actually there in real life.

I fancy us to turn it around but we are heartbroken. I beat them 3-2, largely dominating the game again, and we lose the game in a ridiculous shootout, one that I'm convinced we win should we have our original keeper. My backup lets in I think three penalties that he goes the right way for and just lets under him. He misses his penalty (the 10th taker, we had a late red card), he then saves the oppositions, before my original first taker then misses our 11th and we lose from there.

I sign an Argentine keeper for £900k (a club record) to replace my old one. He has a terrible first 10 games and I'm considering cashing already, but he's shown signs of improvement.

Luckily though, we're back in the Conference League as our 4th placed finish was saved by eventual champions Brann also winning the cup. Norwegian sides have actually done quite well in Europe this season so the number of places we get should be going up again.

Have you had it yet where because of when the season runs the coefficient changes mid season and the number of European spots descreases. Happened to me in Sweden, ultimately didn't matter but had I been in one of the spots that vanished I'd of been annoyed.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Have you had it yet where because of when the season runs the coefficient changes mid season and the number of European spots descreases. Happened to me in Sweden, ultimately didn't matter but had I been in one of the spots that vanished I'd of been annoyed.

It happens every season, you don't really know what position you need to finish until about the half way point because the coefficient changes. Just part and parcel of the calendar annoyingly but you can generally track the progress and work it out. Rosenborg made the CL groups (albeit they're getting panned as expected), but Lillestrom and Molde made the EL and Conf groups respectively and both are near the top so it's likely to be quite good next season.

I earlier in the thread called it being bad for this season because we had a load of dross (us included to be honest) qualify. Tromso did nothing, Rosenborg lost to someone pathetic in 2028, Sandefjord qualified via winning the cup despite being in the second tier.

We'll get 5 spots easily this season I think. Think Norway's looking like it's risen from 16th to 13th. Even Ranheim did quite well in the conference league and only got narrowly beaten by Villarreal.

It's quite interesting wanting all the others to do well in Europe. Complete opposite to real life where I hope the other PL sides all get slapped lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Where is the cheapest place to pick this up now?

CDKeys seems to be your best best at £32.99. It could conceivably go on offer soon - 22 was 20% off around this time last year or they could do something when the winter update comes out next month - but I doubt it'd work out any cheaper than that.

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2023 at 23:27, moore_94 said:

Looks like I finally have to play against Man City in my FC Andorra save... not looking forward to this

image.png.32f389c771690047170b462ac11ec109.png

Not too bad I suppose... just the 3 goals for Haaland lol

Brings our first ever Champions League campaign to an end though

image.thumb.png.36c8205cd582f22b8a176790ae544b3c.png

Edited by moore_94

Had a flood of teams trying to poach my young talent in the Jan window making shitty lowball offers. None of them are negotiating to a fair price so they are all being rejected. Half tempted to hit the editor and send the players over for the full contents of their bank accounts.

I've made the mistake of promising no fewer than four players an improvement to our training facilities and the board just won't do it. The shit is going to hit the fan. I've got until the end of this season to do it, we need to make the conference league groups and hope they use the proceeds otherwise it's going to be a meltdown.

It's tough at Alta. Still stuck playing in Tromso with no end in sight, we constantly lose money as well, I need a couple of big sales but they only really arrive in the summer, which is half way in for us.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2023 at 16:45, Guest said:

CDKeys seems to be your best best at £32.99. It could conceivably go on offer soon - 22 was 20% off around this time last year or they could do something when the winter update comes out next month - but I doubt it'd work out any cheaper than that.

Got an email last night to say it had gone on sale. Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've made the mistake of promising no fewer than four players an improvement to our training facilities and the board just won't do it. The shit is going to hit the fan. I've got until the end of this season to do it, we need to make the conference league groups and hope they use the proceeds otherwise it's going to be a meltdown.

It's tough at Alta. Still stuck playing in Tromso with no end in sight, we constantly lose money as well, I need a couple of big sales but they only really arrive in the summer, which is half way in for us.

If I were you I'd jump ship to any remotely decent sized club that goes down. That'll show the Alta board. Or just go to one of the big boys, natural progression really, I left Brommapojkarna with about 2 million in the bank and went to Malmo who had 45 million 😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Easily the best player we have had come in through the youth intake so far in my FC Andorra save

Good enough to probably go straight in as 1st choice striker for the national team already and not even that far off the first team!

Hopefully his dribbling and finishing grow a fair bit and he could be a monster

image.thumb.png.d14e55169fe1c707218d96e906e6a830.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If I were you I'd jump ship to any remotely decent sized club that goes down. That'll show the Alta board. Or just go to one of the big boys, natural progression really, I left Brommapojkarna with about 2 million in the bank and went to Malmo who had 45 million 😂

Nah this is a one club save. After the pentagon and moving around I wanted to really build up a small club, this one has plenty of time left yet, but I've definitely made a bit of an error here. These are particularly hard to build because of their location. It's still comfortably the smallest club in the league.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Easily the best player we have had come in through the youth intake so far in my FC Andorra save

Good enough to probably go straight in as 1st choice striker for the national team already and not even that far off the first team!

Hopefully his dribbling and finishing grow a fair bit and he could be a monster

image.thumb.png.d14e55169fe1c707218d96e906e6a830.png

That beard on a 15 year old, a tough paper round in Andorra

• Haha 2

Our 5th season in charge of FC Andorra has come to an end and unfortunately we end up missing out on the Champions League places by just 2 points

Our first foray into Champions League football went well, our run ended in the Round of 16 by Man City

Finance wise things are still pretty tight, just £4m transfer budget and an extra £25k to spend on wages, but we already have 3 good players joining on frees in the summer - Geronimo Rulli, Fabio Carvalho, Andrea Pinamonti

image.png.9f9ba3a3192f40385fb56a816f20150c.png

Edited by moore_94

I've hit a bit of a wall with these I think. The lack of stadium and decent facilities just kills us. We're having to net spend -£3mil a year just to keep a team at the same sort of level. I'm fine with losing players, it's part of the process but it just feels like dead money because it doesn't seem to be taking us forward anymore. It's not that I'm even signing bad players, the majority of the signings are good, we just end up profiting on them to squander it all on running costs because we generate virtually nothing ourselves. We've now hit a level where these players aren't signing for us until we promise them better facilities and yet the board will just never do it because our money is always trending downwards.

And what's worse is we've really ****ed it in Europe this season. We've bottled it spectacularly but yet again, we lost our goalkeeper mid tie and yet again the replacement was awful. We had Osijek of Croatia, 4-1 up at half time of the first leg, pathetically somehow drew 4-4 and then lost 2-0 away. A disgraceful capitulation but even worse is that's going to mean we've took in even less money this year than last.

Given Norway moved up to 13th for this season, we need to try and get 2nd or 3rd I think. 1st would be great but I think Lillestrom are just a bit too good this year. If we get 2nd or 3rd it means we have the safety net of being able to drop into the Europa League or Conference League if we do lose. In this we've blown it completely, once half of madness at home and that's basically ruined my entire season.

If we blow it in this second half of the season we're in trouble. Definitely going to end up having to sell a couple more players though when they realise this improvement to the facilities, which would surely only cost a pretty nominal amount isn't coming.

We are the champions! A draw at Viking and Molde's loss mean Alta take the 2030 Norweigian league title.

Bounced back brilliantly to the European shocker and won nearly every game after it. Still got this problem with my training ground though and still stuck playing in bloody Tromso. I'm hoping CL money can transform us because I *think* we're going straight to the groups. I wonder where we'll have to play at home, I doubt the 4,000 Tromsdalen ground is big enough either, or even Tromso's. We might have to play at Bodo.

• Like 2