Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Ready for my annual FM save but not sure where to start. Wanna end in the Netherlands with a team like Utrecht/Heerenveen but pass through countries like Croatia and/or Poland. Might just take the plunge and try Latvia and go from there 

Start unemployed... is fun

Kristiansen, & Souttar got decent upgrades in the winter update, although Souttar is out for 4-5 months when you start the save. Faes got a small upgrade as well

Managed to get an offer for Vestergaard straight away!

image.thumb.png.3dddc8ec379e827e742e6fe8063c8b10.png

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 06:12, turlo said:

Kristiansen, & Souttar got decent upgrades in the winter update, although Souttar is out for 4-5 months when you start the save. Faes got a small upgrade as well

Managed to get an offer for Vestergaard straight away!

image.thumb.png.3dddc8ec379e827e742e6fe8063c8b10.png

Not realistic at all,  is it lol!

18 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

So I'm thinking of getting FM2023...  The last version I played was 2008, though my main/longest game was in FM2006.  I'm expecting a lot of changes!  (Or I could get FM2022 a lot cheaper?)

I'd be surprised if you can still get fm22 digitally.   

Your best bet is to get fn23, as this is what people are talking about!

Rudkin Challenge - Season 2

Rudkins 1st bit of transfer business in the summer was to sell player of the season and top scorer with 38 goals Iheanacho to Arsenal for £54m

He then decided to spend the majority of the transfer budget on 2 left backs, Ben Davies from Tottenham for £21.5m and Lucas Hernandez for £40.5m from Bayern.

He allowed Tete to leave after his loan expired and replaced him with Alex Collado from Barcelona for £1.4m who was very poor and quickly lost his place to the returning Albrighton.

He then decided to replace Iheanacho with 2 new strikers Folarin Balogun from Arsenal for £15.5m who had a good season scoring 20 goals and Roberto Firmino from PSG who scored 23 goals  for £29m.

The season was successful with us just managing to scrape into 4th place in the league and qualify for the champions league again, we were knocked out of both domestic cups early and finished 3rd in our champions league group behind Inter and A. Madrid dropping into the europa league where we reached the quarter final losing to Wolfsburg.

The board are very happy and have given Rudkin £66m for Rudkin to spend.

Leicester City_ Competitions.png

Leicester City_ Best Eleven.png

Edited by Will1981
  • Haha 1

When you're mid-table in the Premier League, do you guys think it's better to purchase young players with potential that will come good in the future, or sign players who are mid/late-20's and already developed to improve a starting 11, in order to bridge that gap to challenge for Europe?  

Just now, Will1981 said:

Rudkin Challenge - Season 2

Rudkins 1st bit of transfer business in the summer was to sell player of the season and top scorer with 38 goals Iheanacho to Arsenal for £54m

He then decided to spend the majority of the transfer budget on 2 left backs, Ben Davies from Tottenham for £21.5m and Lucas Hernandez for £40.5m from Bayern.

He allowed Tete to leave after his loan expired and replaced him with Alex Collado from Barcelona for £1.4m who was very poor and quickly lost his place to the returning Albrighton.

He then decided to replace Iheanacho with 2 new strikers Folarin Balogun from Arsenal for £8m who had a good season scoring 20 goals and Roberto Firmino from Liverpool on loan who scored 23 goals but has agreed to join PSG from Liverpool next season for £29m.

The season was successful with us just managing to scrape into 4th place in the league and qualify for the champions league again, we were knocked out of both domestic cups early and finished 3rd in our champions league group behind Inter and A. Madrid dropping into the europa league where we reached the quarter final losing to Wolfsburg.

The board are very happy and have given Rudkin £66m for Rudkin to spend.

I have no idea how you're managing those results with that team but fair play! lol 

3 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

When you're mid-table in the Premier League, do you guys think it's better to purchase young players with potential that will come good in the future, or sign players who are mid/late-20's and already developed to improve a starting 11, in order to bridge that gap to challenge for Europe?  

I always aim to do both.

At the end of April scout all of your playable leagues.

Then get your best Scout to ONLY scout the ones that are at least 4.5*.

There are some real bargains to be had this way.

And ALWAYS check out the expiring contracts. Some of them are even suited for the best clubs in the world.

I moved to Juventus, and found getting high CA players was difficult (don't know why), so I went for PA instead

Edited by filthyfox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, filthyfox said:

I always aim to do both.

At the end of April scout all of your playable leagues.

Then get your best Scout to ONLY scout the ones that are at least 4.5*.

There are some real bargains to be had this way.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that in April, my issue is that I don't think I'm going to have a lot of money to spend. I'm in March at the minute and projections don't look promising, and not much I can sell on to generate funds - the squad doesn't have many assets. 

I got back to back promotions with Peterborough, so we were in the Premier League with players like Ricky-Jade Jones and Kwame Poku still getting plenty of minutes in the first season. Managed to narrowly avoid relegation two seasons running, and in my third one in the Premier League we're now comfortable in mid-table. In order to build the side, though, I had to offset a lot of transfers against future costs using 3 season instalments, and I also overspent on a few players this way (Dalot for £25m, the board sold Edwards to Spurs for £10m in Championship when we were chasing promotion and I bought him back for £36m in second season of the Premier League which was a monumental **** up from me to chase that deal, just because I used him earlier in the save and I didn't want Wolves to sign him, Salis Abdul Samed for £20m doesn't start, never gets over a 6.7, Yaser Asprilla for £20m hasn't made the step up from Watford in the Championship, but has done a job).

So I'm anticipating a budget of around £20m, I don't know whether to carry on with this offsetting against future costs method or just go heavy on cheap youngsters. I do have a Bulgarian wonderkid I signed for £600k who's value is now between £65-80m that I could cash in on, but his first season performances have only been ok so not really gathered any interest from the big boys yet. 

9 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Thanks, I'll have a look at that in April, my issue is that I don't think I'm going to have a lot of money to spend. I'm in March at the minute and projections don't look promising, and not much I can sell on to generate funds - the squad doesn't have many assets. 

I got back to back promotions with Peterborough, so we were in the Premier League with players like Ricky-Jade Jones and Kwame Poku still getting plenty of minutes in the first season. Managed to narrowly avoid relegation two seasons running, and in my third one in the Premier League we're now comfortable in mid-table. In order to build the side, though, I had to offset a lot of transfers against future costs using 3 season instalments, and I also overspent on a few players this way (Dalot for £25m, the board sold Edwards to Spurs for £10m in Championship when we were chasing promotion and I bought him back for £36m in second season of the Premier League which was a monumental **** up from me to chase that deal, just because I used him earlier in the save and I didn't want Wolves to sign him, Salis Abdul Samed for £20m doesn't start, never gets over a 6.7, Yaser Asprilla for £20m hasn't made the step up from Watford in the Championship, but has done a job).

So I'm anticipating a budget of around £20m, I don't know whether to carry on with this offsetting against future costs method or just go heavy on cheap youngsters. I do have a Bulgarian wonderkid I signed for £600k who's value is now between £65-80m that I could cash in on, but his first season performances have only been ok so not really gathered any interest from the big boys yet. 

I do all the transfers and staff appointments myself.  I find the AI is pretty shit at staffing- your experience suggests they are shit at pkayer purchases too.

I got a Tech Director in once, but he kept hiring scouts with 14 ability for a PL team.

See if you can get better than the Bulgarian.   A big fat profit and a similar ability player means you can spend more.

I never sign players over 27 either, unless the offer is too good to refuse.

Edited by filthyfox

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

I do all the transfers and staff appointments myself.  I find the AI is pretty shit at staffing- your experience suggests they are shit at pkayer purchases too.

I got a Tech Director in once, but he kept hiring scouts with 14 ability for a PL team.

Oh yeah, I do, too. This one is on me lol the board sold Edwards but apart from that I've made all of the other signings haha. 

There have been some gems too, Mbala Nzola has consistently scored 15+ goals for 3 seasons for £4m, Emre Tezgel signed for £10m in the summer has contributed effectively as back up to Nzola, Kristiansen (before he signed for us haha) at £7m has been solid, Sam Curtis, a 20 year old Irish right back signed for £4m from Middlesbrough has been solid when called upon, Lucas Gourna-Doauth for £10m is decent, Dan Ndoye for £7m, Conor Gallagher on a free, so the side is pretty solid now, but it's took a lot of squad building to get there and it seems like the players I spend more money on tend to be the ones who aren't that good. 

One thing I have wondered is when it comes to wingers/inverted wingers, what are effective stats to look at? I can't seem to get whoever is playing on the left - an IW (A) to put up good numbers, but Ndoye and the Bulgarian kid do okay between them as a Winger (A) on the right. 

Decided to do a save with Charlton Athletic following the new update

Somehow managed to sell Albie Morgan for £500k to FC Nordsjælland, and a couple of others for £100k total

With spread out payments I was able to bring in some good players for this level, installments and bonuses really helped me to make that £600k go far

Got rid of everyone we had on loan as well which freed up a lot of wages

Decent start to the season so far, predicted to be 7th, hoping we can do well enough to get automatics though

image.png.6b927bfd8d9fa7ad75ebf8819cdd1225.png

Rudkin Challenge - Season 3

Summer Window: 

Rudkin signed Julian Alvarez on loan from Man City, Alex Meret (GK) for £9.25m from Napoli and Marius Wolf (RB/RM) for £19m from Dortmund

He sold Justin to Tottenham for £33m, Soumare to Southampton for £7m and Soyuncu to AZ for £10m and then on deadline day he sold Dewsbury-Hall to Liverpool for £56m and chose not to replace him.

January window:

Rudkin signed Bryan Gil on loan from Tottenham, Medhi Taremi (ST) from Man Utd for £12m, Anthony Rouault (CB) from Inter for £27m and Vinicius Tobias (RB) from Shakhtar for £17.5m.

He sold Ward to Vigo for £2.5m, Souttar to Valladolid for £6.75m and Alves to Brighton for £2.3m

Results:

Overall it was a pretty good season we scored more points than last season but finished 6th and qualified for the europa league, we lost 7-0 to West Ham in the Carabou cup, lost to Tottenham on penalties in the FA cup semi final. In the champions league we won 7 out of 8 games and finished 3rd in the big league but then drew Liverpool in the last 16 and lost on penalties.

The board and still pretty pleased with Rudkin and have given him £75m to spend.