Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

Started as Alta IF in Norway.

image.png.930ab662600399acf3d4d7f2cc03428c.png

Stupidly put it to Twitter to decide where out of Portugal, Germany, Holland and Norway I'm going to and Norway won overwhelmingly. I'm in the third tier of Norway, in for a proper long haul here.

Early impressions are decent - quite like this match engine even if it's going to break my heart occasionally.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Started as Alta IF in Norway.

image.png.930ab662600399acf3d4d7f2cc03428c.png

Stupidly put it to Twitter to decide where out of Portugal, Germany, Holland and Norway I'm going to and Norway won overwhelmingly. I'm in the third tier of Norway, in for a proper long haul here.

Early impressions are decent - quite like this match engine even if it's going to break my heart occasionally.

Norway is class starting from a lower level, lots of players throughout the leagues not on proper contracts.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

What a game vs Levante! They were 2 points ahead before the game so needed to win to finally get ahead of them for the first time this season

I did think we had bottled it when Iborra scored a header on 86 mins

image.thumb.png.b596f55fa7423f2e0fc97e9e9a922dee.png

Andorra have some decent cash don't they? I saw them after some half decent player whilst trying to settle on a career.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Andorra have some decent cash don't they? I saw them after some half decent player whilst trying to settle on a career.

Yeah finances are pretty decent, started with just over £1m and about £30k a week to spend I think or something like that

Didn't actually buy any players, just loaned 1 (Andorran keeper from Villareal) and a load of frees

NEARLY got screwed by the wage cap, but managed to register my squad with about £500 left lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah finances are pretty decent, started with just over £1m and about £30k a week to spend I think or something like that

Didn't actually buy any players, just loaned 1 (Andorran keeper from Villareal) and a load of frees

NEARLY got screwed by the wage cap, but managed to register my squad with about £500 left lol

Saw Mula bagged for you, free agent isn't he, still pretty good? Remember a few years back at Malaga him and Ontiveros had good potential.

We are in a battle.

image.thumb.png.197e0a291dc1b486e9499b6b5b87472b.png

Proper 50/50 if we go up I think. Unsure how the play-off system works - looks like it's three way between 3rd bottom in the next league up and then the two 2nd placed teams (we are in the northern league).

Think Gjovik are gonna pip us - we score loads but we are shocking at the back, but it is kind of by design until I sort this squad out.

50 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Saw Mula bagged for you, free agent isn't he, still pretty good? Remember a few years back at Malaga him and Ontiveros had good potential.

Yeah he has been okay for me - 21 appearances, 4 goals, 6 assists - 7.00 rating

It doesn't help him though that I have a guy called Jacobo who I managed to convince to join the Andorran national team, so if available it is Jacobo who plays

I have been looking at Ontiveros on a free, depending on wages etc. if I got him I would move Mula on

image.thumb.png.1f935394e702f35ee618735ad483b6a0.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

image.thumb.png.81e53e87f7a86a76278cdb6b065314e0.png

Did it fairly comfortably in the end, once again we seemed to just click and nobody could really stop us. Onto the second tier.

One thing I hate about Norway and Sweden is that long wait from the end of one season to the start of the next.

On another note have you seen that Sandigo kid? If not have a look, interested to see how he develops. Also if no ones nabbed him you'll be able to get him as he's at a lower league side. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

One thing I hate about Norway and Sweden is that long wait from the end of one season to the start of the next.

On another note have you seen that Sandigo kid? If not have a look, interested to see how he develops. Also if no ones nabbed him you'll be able to get him as he's at a lower league side. 

Yeah it's going to be tedious - gonna be no excuse to not have a good side scouted for next season though.

I've not heard of him, I'll possibly make him the first. They've given me more money than I was expecting. Aka they've given me £100k transfer budget (though I only usually spend fees when I hit top tiers tbh) and trebled my wages, and it looks to me like the wage bill is going to be very competitive in the second tier.

What I did notice that was weird is I now have the ability to make the fourth tier active as well - that wasn't there before I started I don't think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah it's going to be tedious - gonna be no excuse to not have a good side scouted for next season though.

I've not heard of him, I'll possibly make him the first. They've given me more money than I was expecting. Aka they've given me £100k transfer budget (though I only usually spend fees when I hit top tiers tbh) and trebled my wages, and it looks to me like the wage bill is going to be very competitive in the second tier.

What I did notice that was weird is I now have the ability to make the fourth tier active as well - that wasn't there before I started I don't think.

Yeah I'd be interested to see how he's developed if you do, he's only 15/16 years old at the start I think. 

You can have the 4th tier at the start but it isn't playable, like the French 4th tier or the 3rd tier in Romania, unless they've changed it this year. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

8 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I know Man Utd never make much transfer sense but this one is particularly interesting. 

Excuse the poor picture quality, I play touch on the iPad and took the picture with my phone rather than screen shot. 

0B23CF3B-C91F-4888-8541-3882A878FEA5.thumb.jpeg.ed79fc014f93df9a9a1bc7e2189db786.jpeg

Signed him as a player coach for the youth teams didn't they, like Liverpool did with Jay Spearing

48 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Signed him as a player coach for the youth teams didn't they, like Liverpool did with Jay Spearing

Ah fair enough didn’t know that. 

Anyone has a glitch where shortlists says ‘X amount of players found’ but can’t actually see any of the players in the shortlist. 

Sure I’m being thick but I really can’t seem to make them visable. 

16 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Ah fair enough didn’t know that. 

Anyone has a glitch where shortlists says ‘X amount of players found’ but can’t actually see any of the players in the shortlist. 

Sure I’m being thick but I really can’t seem to make them visable. 

Bit of a long shot but have you tried changing the View? This rings a bell I think I've had similar problems before.