Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Usually have it on pre-order and use the few weeks of Beta to learn the new features, not bothering this year though. Just going to wait for full release and crack on with it (also means I can add all the licensing etc in).

Any ideas lined up for saves this year? Obvious saves for most are surely going to be Bordeaux or St Etienne.

Man City for my Beta save - I always go with an easy team just so I can get used to any changes and just mess around

I think my first main save on the full game will be with Palermo in Serie B

Then also planning on doing these saves but having to wait for lower level databases to be released first:

Coalville

Elche (so I can use the B Team properly)

Hamburg (so I can use the B Team properly)

Edited by moore_94

On 20/10/2022 at 09:24, somebum said:

How do you guys find the time to even play this? I sunk years into it as a younger man when times were more simple but now? 

I don't anymore. 

I've joked about it before, but I just had to quit it altogether to try and focus my time elsewhere. I started playing CM2 in 1997 and owned most of the games up until around 2017, playing it on and off. Some games I really got into, others not so much. 

From 2010 onwards when I got a laptop and it became portable, I was pumping so many hours into it that it became a bit silly. Probably 600+ hours a year. 

If only I'd put all those years of hours into a constructive hobby. lol

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

quite enjoying the changes i have seen so far, and after messing about with leicester for a day or so, (im saving that save for the main release) i have chosen to lead "the goblins" for the beta save in the french third division

image.thumb.png.704785512599e11664ce3104b13a4fa6.png

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

im doing a leicester save and its hard as **** for me. give me no money in non league any day. champions league with this rabble, trying to fit in all the best players to a wonky formation. its a mess

It's got to be a mistake that the board expect a Champions League finish (even if it's not a top priority for them), absolutely insane.

25 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

It's got to be a mistake that the board expect a Champions League finish (even if it's not a top priority for them), absolutely insane.

yeah right. they seem happy as long as im in the european spots but i doubt i can stay there with no budget. disabled the first transfer window as well so i didnt have to field bids for the players i do have. hard to get the key players playing well too

currently 10th but on a run of 5 games without a win. this is becoming the ultimate challenge. about to go into the winter break, my last attempt was the same, might start again now rather than wait. lets see how the west ham match goes first

image.thumb.png.19e95c57f198223c7d6ecfa4c55dbf85.png

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

im doing a leicester save and its hard as **** for me. give me no money in non league any day. champions league with this rabble, trying to fit in all the best players to a wonky formation. its a mess

yeah, it's really hard! I lost Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemens in the first January window as their agents made it clear they were not interested in renewing contracts.

I'm 10th but have been given an ultimatum by the board that results must improve or I'm sacked!

36 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah, it's really hard! I lost Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemens in the first January window as their agents made it clear they were not interested in renewing contracts.

I'm 10th but have been given an ultimatum by the board that results must improve or I'm sacked!

i signed youri to a 5 year deal as soon as i took over, and he playing shit. on the next attempt im not giving any contracts till the winter break, and im having a first window to try and bring in a first choice goalie because ward and iversen are crap

47 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

From what I have seen the AI do with Leicester they tend to get Maddison, Youri, and Cags all on new contracts straight away

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i signed youri to a 5 year deal as soon as i took over, and he playing shit. on the next attempt im not giving any contracts till the winter break, and im having a first window to try and bring in a first choice goalie because ward and iversen are crap

What are the starting finances like?

Just now, Beliall said:

75m in the bank, 10m transfer budget if you allow the first window, nothing if you dont, around 500m debt. 2.3m wages budget with i think 80k available

That's pretty generous really compared to real life.

So if you crank down the transfer budget a bit you can probably immediately extend all the key contracts? I'm guessing if you DO want to sell you'll almost definitely get some half decent money for a rebuild from any of Madders, Tielemans, etc n'all?

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That's pretty generous really compared to real life.

So if you crank down the transfer budget a bit you can probably immediately extend all the key contracts? I'm guessing if you DO want to sell you'll almost definitely get some half decent money for a rebuild from any of Madders, Tielemans, etc n'all?

madders won't sign a deal but he has a 1 year club option so you can keep him for at least a year, Youri will not sign a contract unless you get in there day 1 with it on improved terms, Wilf won't sign a new contract either. everyone is on too much money, squad is too big, and theres too many midfielders. so, trying to decide who to keep and who to sell is difficult when you factor in random offers, selling Perez can allow you to buy a keeper but then you're short on the right. i loaned Elango in save 1 and he was decent but honestly, I'm struggling to fit anyone into a spot where they perform, as a unit they are pretty bad under my control lol 

image.thumb.png.ce4b40126050b8998dd05d2e4d8ab472.png

To be honest, for about the last 3 or 4 years my standard FM formation hasn't had wingers so Perez will be straight out anyway. If Barnes has shit finishing I'll probably sell him straight away too (sue me.)

Are Daka and Iheanacho still a bit.... shit?

Edited by Finnegan

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, for about the last 3 or 4 years my standard FM formation hasn't had wingers so Perez will be straight out anyway. If Barnes has shit finishing I'll probably sell him straight away too (sue me.)

Are Daka and Iheanacho still a bit.... shit?

actually, not first choice yet but they do chip in with a few goals from the bench. i have tried a no winger and 2 AM formation but again, Barnes and madders don't seem to play well in it even though the overall performance stats were good. generally, goals are a problem for me right now in both my attempts at Leicester. vardy is hot and cold too. im enjoying the challenge as i find it boring winning al lthe time but its frustrating how much time you dont seem to have here with top wanting top 4