Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

This race has becoming boring after a little bit of 'excitement' in the first part.

Meh.

Think this is one of the most overrated races on the calendar, if it doesn’t have the usual chaos the actual track is utter bollocks. But I think a lot of these races are gonna be like this this season unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This race has becoming boring after a little bit of 'excitement' in the first part.

Meh.

Street circuits usually are though. 

However I'm enjoying this, watching the timing of a few of the drivers chasing and seeing what they do. 

Always one inch away from hitting the wall and changing the race entirely.

I don't find the sprints appealing at all and wish they would just bin them. Otherwise  I don't think the race was boring really. Mistakes were punished, both lead cars were pushing against each other and both drivers kissed the wall. The only thing you might change is they made the DRS down the main straight deliberately short because they didn't want to make it too easy to overtake there and Merc don't have that good straight line speed which is why Hamilton got stuck behind Sainz. On the other hand it makes moves like Alonso on Sainz more impactful and therefore worth going for. 

Baku is like a better Monaco, you have the narrow slow part but also a long straight. But if a car has relatively low straigtline speed then you're going to be stuck behind a car that is slower in the corners most likely. 

17 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Hamilton/Mercedes :facepalm:

EDIT: Leclerc :facepalm:

LeClerc made the top 10 look interesting at least. At least Verstappen will have some work to do.

• Like 1