Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

Piastri performance yesterday shows why we need an 11th team.

He won F3 and F2 back to back and no place in F1 for him and he had to sit the next year out.

Drugovich has just sat a year out and still no space on the grid for him. (Stoll not worth his spot is keeping him out)

Vesti could win F3 and F2 back to back, clearly got the talent and again no room for him in the near future to progress into F1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Piastri performance yesterday shows why we need an 11th team.

He won F3 and F2 back to back and no place in F1 for him and he had to sit the next year out.

Drugovich has just sat a year out and still no space on the grid for him. (Stoll not worth his spot is keeping him out)

Vesti could win F3 and F2 back to back, clearly got the talent and again no room for him in the near future to progress into F1

Not sure about that, it shows we need meritocracy in the sport, which there isn’t. There are some dreadful drivers on the grid. Say what you want about football but there absolutely is meritocracy. A kid from a village in Uruguay or Togo can reach the highest levels in the world then go back down again after a few bad games. F1 is the opposite, all about bank balance 

• Like 1

I love Lewis, him and Max are my favourite drivers in the current grid, always loved Lewis and I genuinely don't believe he's "finished", his driving yesterday and multiple times this season show he's got the talent to fight at the very top, but his mistakes during this new era have been concerning, maybe the car just doesnt suit him? but either way he's making more mistakes these last 2 seasons than I can ever remember, he's always been an aggressive driver and contact comes with the territory, but it just feels like more and more of these incidents are a result of lapses in judgement rather than racing incidents. Today, Monza vs Oscar, or Spa vs Alonso for example. Really want him to come back.

• Like 1

Great drive from Max, Piastri and Norris on the podium is great to see but what a monster recovery race from George, 4 pitstops and finished 4th having recovered from last position. Fantastic drive and has to be DOTD.
Harsh conditions out there with Sargeant having to DNF because he felt unwell, and seeing George coming down the main straight steering with his wrists trying to divert cool air into his helmet shows just how hard it is out there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Another strong race for McLaren .

Russell did well to get 4th.

Big 8th place for Bottas .

Alfa Romeo certainly needed those points .

This is the part that annoys me the most, Lewis/George could have fought for the win on the evidence of how fast that Merc was, considering George was taken out, had to rejoin the track with dusty tyres, had an extra pitstop throwing off his strategy, and then have to fight through the field, to get 4th was an insane drive.
Would have been so great to see both mercs in full health pushing to the limit today, who knows what the result would be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sounds like the conditions for drivers was pretty brutal as they were suffering with the heat etc .

Terrible. From the after show I saw them talk about: 

Sargeant having to retire because he felt unwell, 

Leclerc said that by the end his vision was blurry due to dehydration, 

Fernando half way thorough the race asked his engineer if they could throw bottles of water on his race suit at the next pitstop,

George was driving down the main straight at 300+ kmh using his wrists to steer so that he could guide cold air into his visor,

and Ocon was literally sick inside of his helmet on lap 16 and had to drive the race with sick in his balaclava. 

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fernando half way thorough the race asked his engineer if they could throw bottles of water on his race suit at the next pitstop,

George was driving down the main straight at 300+ kmh using his wrists to steer so that he could guide cold air into his visor,

and Ocon was literally sick inside of his helmet on lap 16 and had to drive the race with sick in his balaclava. 

This just isn't right. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Albon ended up in the medical centre and Stroll in an ambulance.  Alonso got burns on his backside because his car was that hot. Tsunoda tried to open his visor to let air in and got a face full of sand.

Edited by isaidno
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

How long until the ‘yeh but they earn loads of money so it’s ok’ argument comes out. These people are warriors 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

This just isn't right. 

I'm out here and it's been absolutely disgusting this evening - by the time I got to the bus after the race I was soaked through as was everyone else. Saw a few people being wheeled away by paramedics presumably due to heat stroke too.

It has felt a lot worse today than the previous two days - not sure whether that's due to the humidity, lack of any wind compared to Friday for example, or just the temperature. 

Today was the first day I walked past the "heat relief tent" and had to dive in there.

It's utterly unbelievable that the drivers are expected to drive in these conditions to be honest. 

• Sad 3