Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2023

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's pathetic from Verstappen and should be punished really. There are no rules that Ocon has to sit in a slow moving queue, and is allowed to overtake any slow cars on a build up lap. 

Max's reaction is just childish. And against the rules. He should have a grid penalty. 

Furthermore, his comments on the fans being turned away from FP2 "if I was a fan, I'd tear Vegas down". Be interesting to actually see that interview to see if there was an ounce of cheek to it, but for what is the next (if not current) face of F1 to say something as irresponsible as that... What an utter turd. What happened to those fans is ridiculous but for someone in his position of authority (particularly with his very impressionable fanbase), I'd say his team must be distancing themselves from his comments but the entirety of Red Bull is full of lunatics tbh

If he's been on one all week as he knows the conditions etc means he won't rock up knowing they'll run away with it for just the second time in 21 races, I can't wait until the day they fall back in the pecking order, à la Mercedes. I'd say Hamilton has dealt with that generally well, in public anyway. The outbursts of Verstappen will be absolute gold

43 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Furthermore, his comments on the fans being turned away from FP2 "if I was a fan, I'd tear Vegas down". Be interesting to actually see that interview to see if there was an ounce of cheek to it, but for what is the next (if not current) face of F1 to say something as irresponsible as that... What an utter turd. What happened to those fans is ridiculous but for someone in his position of authority (particularly with his very impressionable fanbase), I'd say his team must be distancing themselves from his comments but the entirety of Red Bull is full of lunatics tbh

If he's been on one all week as he knows the conditions etc means he won't rock up knowing they'll run away with it for just the second time in 21 races, I can't wait until the day they fall back in the pecking order, à la Mercedes. I'd say Hamilton has dealt with that generally well, in public anyway. The outbursts of Verstappen will be absolute gold

People on here have said far worse about compensation they've been offered by football clubs.

I'm slightly annoyed with myself because I have spent the last day or so livid with the FIA and calling corruption and generally talking down the FIA over the Sainz situation, and now that I reflect I think it's a bit more nuanced and it's annoyed me as I wanted to be angry with them lol 
Would be interesting to get some opinions on this. We know Sainz has been hard done by, he does not 'deserve' the penalty. However, imagine for a moment they decide to waive Sainz penalty as per the regular rules on part changes, and now Sainz goes into the race with brand new parts on his car with no penalty, why does Charles deserve to race against his teammate who now has a potential power advantage just because of a mistake made by the contractors who laid the track and obviously failed to test it properly? (obviously, the buck stops with the FIA on that) 
And say for example in practice next week, Yuki makes a mistake and smashes into Checo, and Checo needs a new part and then takes a 10 place grid penalty, how would that then be fair if he's also a victim who did nothing wrong but Carlos had his penalty waived? The difference is that both Sainz and Checo are victims but one was the track and another was another driver, but is that enough to punish 1 driver but not the other?

I feel for Carlos a lot and I feel like maybe a 5 place penalty would have been fairer and a minimum of compensation for the replacement parts, or the other alternative could have been to allow everyone on the grid to have the option to replace the same new parts as Carlos penalty free should they wish? 

I appreciate in the analogy I gave there is a difference between a racing incident or a driver making a mistake compared to the track falling apart, but for the impacted driver there is no difference right? so how could you treat those situations differently without ending up with protests etc. 

56 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm slightly annoyed with myself because I have spent the last day or so livid with the FIA and calling corruption and generally talking down the FIA over the Sainz situation, and now that I reflect I think it's a bit more nuanced and it's annoyed me as I wanted to be angry with them lol 
Would be interesting to get some opinions on this. We know Sainz has been hard done by, he does not 'deserve' the penalty. However, imagine for a moment they decide to waive Sainz penalty as per the regular rules on part changes, and now Sainz goes into the race with brand new parts on his car with no penalty, why does Charles deserve to race against his teammate who now has a potential power advantage just because of a mistake made by the contractors who laid the track and obviously failed to test it properly? (obviously, the buck stops with the FIA on that) 
And say for example in practice next week, Yuki makes a mistake and smashes into Checo, and Checo needs a new part and then takes a 10 place grid penalty, how would that then be fair if he's also a victim who did nothing wrong but Carlos had his penalty waived? The difference is that both Sainz and Checo are victims but one was the track and another was another driver, but is that enough to punish 1 driver but not the other?

I feel for Carlos a lot and I feel like maybe a 5 place penalty would have been fairer and a minimum of compensation for the replacement parts, or the other alternative could have been to allow everyone on the grid to have the option to replace the same new parts as Carlos penalty free should they wish? 

I appreciate in the analogy I gave there is a difference between a racing incident or a driver making a mistake compared to the track falling apart, but for the impacted driver there is no difference right? so how could you treat those situations differently without ending up with protests etc. 

The correct decision was made, whether harsh or not. A special dispensation in this case just opens up a whole can of worms, plenty of occasions drivers having to change components through another driver at fault. He’s been hard done by because they didn’t do due diligence on the track, but really it shouldn’t go any deeper than that.

• Like 1

When it comes to Verstappen, I think the way he’s talked about this weekend has been absolutely brilliant. He’s echoing a lot of what the fans feel and he hasn’t been toeing the corporate line, it’s actually so refreshing to see a driver who’s the face of the sport at the moment criticise the way Liberty are destroying the sport. I do wish he had a lot more of this energy when it came to Jeddah .etc. being added. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

When it comes to Verstappen, I think the way he’s talked about this weekend has been absolutely brilliant. He’s echoing a lot of what the fans feel and he hasn’t been toeing the corporate line, it’s actually so refreshing to see a driver who’s the face of the sport at the moment criticise the way Liberty are destroying the sport. I do wish he had a lot more of this energy when it came to Jeddah .etc. being added. 

Hamilton et al that have been speaking out about these tracks have been told to shut up and get on with things. Some of the rules imposed post 2021 seem oddly targeted (i.e. the jewelry one).

Verstapppen will only speak out until he's put back in his place.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

Hamilton et al that have been speaking out about these tracks have been told to shut up and get on with things. Some of the rules imposed post 2021 seem oddly targeted (i.e. the jewelry one).

Verstapppen will only speak out until he's put back in his place.

The thing that has stood out most to me this weekend is remember back on Hamilton calling out countries like Saudi Arabia for their human rights record, and his general push on diversity/inclusion etc. I recall a popular response telling him to keep quiet, don't mix with politics with sport, and above all, if he cares that much then how about boycott the race? (This was all at the same time Vettel started following in his footsteps to which the same people didn't bat their negative eyelids)

Verstappen speaks out about a race he doesn't like and he's portrayed as a hero. He is literally in a position to boycott the race if he really wanted to. 

Pity he wasn't so outspoken about the shitshow that was Abu Dhabi 2021. Still, to quote his slur at Toto Wolff, "I wouldn't expect anything else from him"

1 hour ago, Stinkenzo said:

The thing that has stood out most to me this weekend is remember back on Hamilton calling out countries like Saudi Arabia for their human rights record, and his general push on diversity/inclusion etc. I recall a popular response telling him to keep quiet, don't mix with politics with sport, and above all, if he cares that much then how about boycott the race? (This was all at the same time Vettel started following in his footsteps to which the same people didn't bat their negative eyelids)

Verstappen speaks out about a race he doesn't like and he's portrayed as a hero. He is literally in a position to boycott the race if he really wanted to. 

Pity he wasn't so outspoken about the shitshow that was Abu Dhabi 2021. Still, to quote his slur at Toto Wolff, "I wouldn't expect anything else from him"

I think the difference is quite clear Infairness, Max has attacked this event purely on the basis of its credibility to the sport whereas Lewis took a more political stance which causes a lot more division. 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Great race, hopefully that shows the potential of this race, the overreaction about the track before a car had even taken to it was very silly tbh. One of the better races this season, will improve year on year and provided loads of overtakes and battles. 

Another example of the soul crushing negativity of humans dragging everything down. All I’ve heard online is how shambolic this race will be. Then you get a race like that…

• Like 1