Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Leeds

I think confidence is pretty high at City at the minute and we need to get another away victory in the bag if we want to challenge the top half. We beat Leeds away last season on the same weekend, so hopefully that's a little omen.

My team would be:

Douglas

Maybury

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Sheehan

Sylla

Kisnorbo

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

Elvis

Subs: Nissa, Williams, Stearman, de Vries, Hughes

i agree with you Ric i'd like to see that team put out however i think Craig Levein would swap Sheehan for Stearman (but put Stearman out right and Maybs on the left) and he just has to go with Hume and Elvis up front i will be shocked if he doesnt.

I would make just one change to your team Ric, I would play Stearman right back and put Maybury on the left they both had good great games last night

I would make just one change to your team Ric, I would play Stearman right back and put Maybury on the left they both had good great games last night

I agree with that selection, CL isnt going to be picking Sheehan again for a while it seems so we need to get over it. I reckon we'll just nick a win its not the easiest of places to go and win but I think we are on a roll :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see if he makes many changes to the side that beat Sheff U.

Fairly sure the midfield will be the same. As much as I don't like it I can see Johanson getting another start at LB and the defence remaining unchanged. Hammond and Hume should start, Elvis needs to show that Sheff U was not a one off performance. Knowing Levein I wouldnt rule out De Vries starting, but the 120 mins of football he played last night may be enough to put Craig off and start the strike force that tore apart Sheff U.

It will be interesting to see if he makes many changes to the side that beat Sheff U.

Fairly sure the midfield will be the same. As much as I don't like it I can see Johanson getting another start at LB and the defence remaining unchanged. Hammond and Hume should start, Elvis needs to show that Sheff U was not a one off performance. Knowing Levein I wouldnt rule out De Vries starting, but the 120 mins of football he played last night may be enough to put Craig off and start the strike force that tore apart Sheff U.

yeah hopfully, de vries was blowing out his arse for extra time. he will be knackered still come saturday

After last saturday, cant argue too much with Rics team, and its pleasing we all think very similar.

Interesting to see sheehan on the bench last night, then come on, did ok.

Im just wondering if fan pressure is affecting the managerial decisions. We always had de lump upfront, and after much call for the obvious 2, craig abliges (and that excuse why we didnt have them, was totall clap trap craig).

Think i`d cry if de lump starts tomorrow. If he doesnt, nip down the bookies, city will be a good bet with a fit n fresh hume, hammond and smithy.

I think confidence is pretty high at City at the minute and we need to get another away victory in the bag if we want to challenge the top half. We beat Leeds away last season on the same weekend, so hopefully that's a little omen.

My team would be:

Douglas

Maybury

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Sheehan

Sylla

Kisnorbo

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

Elvis

Subs: Nissa, Williams, Stearman, de Vries, Hughes

Well, we're agreed on what the team for Leeds should be. Quite easy really although I still wonder about Stearman on right midfield (the old right half) in away games as I'd hoped for last night. He's clearly playing well while Hughes and Williams are struggling and Sylla still seems inconsistent. Anyway too revolutionary by half.

Same team as Sheff U, but my preference would be Sheehan in for Nisse.

I don't like the central midfield, but apparently Hughes didn't play too well last night, so best to bring him on later in the game.

With regards to the right wing, I'd like to see Hammill started there instead of Sylla. I've been impressed with him so far, worth a go definately.

Levein shouldn't change anything, Sheffield United performance was brilliant, even though i don't particularly agree with a few players starting, if anyone is dropped then it sends out the wrong messages.

Douglas

Maybury

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Johansson

Sylla

Kisnorbo

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

Hammond

If i had to change something though, i'd get rid of Johansson from that left back position. Then Kisnorbo, if only we had someone to replace him, Hughes and Williams are not performing and Tiatto is not good enough.

All I know is that when Dion is ready to play again he needs to be centre back. My prefered back four would be.

Stearmen, Dublin, Gerrbrand, Sheehan

I know this make's no room for nils or paddy, but if Dublins's fit, he deserves to play after last night. Utter legend.

It's nice to know that we could put out another back four of

Maybury, Paddy, Nils, Tiatto out and you still feel confident.......what a squad we've got! When did we turn so bloody good!

Same team as Sheff U, but my preference would be Sheehan in for Nisse.

I don't like the central midfield, but apparently Hughes didn't play too well last night, so best to bring him on later in the game.

With regards to the right wing, I'd like to see Hammill started there instead of Sylla. I've been impressed with him so far, worth a go definately

Not on last night's performance he wasn't, looked well out of place on the right hand side

Has Williams dropped off the radar now? He is so frustrating, for much of last night he was his usual anonymous self but late on he suddenly started to play and scored a corker...at times he looks a class act and others....if CL could put a rocket up his a**e he'd be world beater. He is a better footballer than Kisnorbo and should be starting.

Has Williams dropped off the radar now? He is so frustrating, for much of last night he was his usual anonymous self but late on he suddenly started to play and scored a corker...at times he looks a class act and others....if CL could put a rocket up his a**e he'd be world beater. He is a better footballer than Kisnorbo and should be starting.

For all his undoubted talent I've yet to see him put in one 90 minute performance and after he's failed to do that under MAs, Bassett and Levein I've actually given up on the guy.

From the OS:

Team News For Leeds Clash

0,,10274%7E2740101,00.jpg

Craig Levein could bring a number of players back into the fold for City's trip to Elland Road to take on Leeds United on Saturday.

The Leicester boss made seven changes to his starting line up for the midweek Carling Cup clash against Bolton - which the Foxes lost 2-1 after extra-time.

Levein chose to play a 4-5-1 formation on that occasion, but he may revert to 4-4-2 for the Leeds clash.

And with Iain Hume, Ryan Smith, Elvis Hammond, Patrick Kisnorbo, Paddy McCarthy, Momo Sylla and Patrik Gerrbrand all missing out at the Reebok, the City chief could have something of a selection quandary on his hands.

He said: "Both Iain Hume and Elvis Hammond, who were our striker when we played Sheffield United last week, should be available. Elvis was left nursing an ankle injury following that game, but he should be fine.

"Ryan Smith didn't play on Wednesday night and Momo was only on the pitch for around 45 minutes in total. Patrick Kisnorbo and the two centre backs also didn't start the Bolton match, so we have some fresh legs available.

"Our intention wasn't to rest players on Wednesday night, it was simply to pick the best team to counter Bolton."

Meanwhile, Levein faces an anxious wait on the fitness of his two goalkeepers.

He added: "Rab picked up a bit of a strain against Bolton, while Paul got an ankle knock in training earlier in the week. We will be in a better position to assess things on Friday, but we should be ok."

Levein also revealed that he was still on the hunt for a new striker.

He said: "That is something that I am actively working on at the moment because I feel that we do need more competition in that area. I would have probably played a 4-5-1 against Bolton anyway, but I didn't really have much choice. We didn't have a lot of options on the bench to change the match."

If only he was as good as your namesake davey, now there was a class act (from childhood memories). I would give Williams a last chance, a run in the side and if he fails to deliver then sell in Jan. It's just that there is a great player in there somewhere and if CL could only make him play a full game he'd transform our midfield. All in the mind!

Archived