Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

God bless BBC sport. Gotta admire their optimism trying to drum up excitement and pretend we still might qualify tonight. 

Absolutely nailed on Croatia beat Armenia. 

Only we could take four points from Croatia but throw away five against Armenia lol

Wouldn't say Wales threw 5 points away against a team they couldn't beat in either game. The 4 points off Croatia is more of an anomaly than Armenia taking 4 off Wales.

Now Bale has gone and Ramsey is perennially injured Wales are a mid rate side, much closer to Armenia than Croatia.

Armenia walloped Wales 4-2 in Cardiff and based on the 45 mins I saw of Saturday's game were unlucky not to win. Both sides needed a win but Wales offered nothing in the second half and ended up clinging on

Wales have Danny Ward in goal. Need I say more.

22 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

If, and it's a big if, Wales beat Turkey tonight (I'm assuming Croatia beat Armenia) will they be in with a shout for the playoffs at all? Not sure how it works but do they have to win to even have a chance of that?

They're in the playoffs regardless of what happens tonight.

Would play one of Ukraine/Finland/Iceland in SF in March.
Then Poland/Estonia for a place at the Euros

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

If, and it's a big if, Wales beat Turkey tonight (I'm assuming Croatia beat Armenia) will they be in with a shout for the playoffs at all? Not sure how it works but do they have to win to even have a chance of that?

image.png.c3ab60d8c2c2b92a3aeff5a3a7622fe2.png

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

God bless BBC sport. Gotta admire their optimism trying to drum up excitement and pretend we still might qualify tonight. 

Absolutely nailed on Croatia beat Armenia. 

Only we could take four points from Croatia but throw away five against Armenia lol

Do you need Armenia to win against Croatia?

Their goal difference is far superior to yours but I'm wondering if they go by head to head records.

2 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

They're in the playoffs regardless of what happens tonight.

Would play one of Ukraine/Finland/Iceland in SF in March.
Then Poland/Estonia for a place at the Euros

Just read up on the play-offs as I forgot the nations league was involved. Its bloody confusing but I get it now.

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Do you need Armenia to win against Croatia?

Their goal difference is far superior to yours but I'm wondering if they go by head to head records.

It's head to head. Armenia drawing would be enough if we beat Turkey because we've got a better record against Croatia. 

But I think Croatia will win that quite comfortably. It's in Croatia. 

If we'd beaten Armenia, I wouldn't have bet against us winning in Cardiff. The atmosphere would be fantastic, everyone would be pumped, Turkey are already through I think and it's not like they're Brazil is it. 

But even if we do win tonight I just can't see Croatia fvcking up. 

Edited by Finnegan

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's head to head. Armenia drawing would be enough if we beat Turkey because we've got a better record against Croatia. 

But I think Croatia will win that quite comfortably. It's in Croatia. 

If we'd beaten Armenia, I wouldn't have bet against us winning in Cardiff. The atmosphere would be fantastic, everyone would be pumped, Turkey are already through I think and it's not like they're Brazil is it. 

But even if we do win tonight I just can't see Croatia fvcking up. 

it's not like they're Brazil is it. ..

Definetely  we aren' t..But we are a better team than previous summer game.. And Cymru too .. It wil lbe very good and tough game.. 

3 hours ago, Naat said:

it's not like they're Brazil is it. ..

Definetely  we aren' t..But we are a better team than previous summer game.. And Cymru too .. It wil lbe very good and tough game.. 

Not sure why you're getting so sensitive. You're top of the group, nobody is saying you aren't a better team than us. But we obviously CAN win, especially with home field advantage.

There are teams in world football I absolutely can't imagine this Wales team beating AT ALL. Turkey aren't really one of them. If you find that offensive I think that's definitely on you not me.

(Especially given we're currently winning.)

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Neden bu kadar hassaslaştığından emin değilim. Grubun zirvesindesin, kimse senin bizden daha iyi bir takım olmadığını söylemiyor. Ancak özellikle iç saha avantajıyla kesinlikle kazanabiliriz.

Dünya futbolunda öyle takımlar var ki, bu Galler takımının HİÇBİR ŞEKİLDE yenebileceğini hayal edemiyorum. Türkiye aslında onlardan biri değil. Bunu saldırgan buluyorsanız, bence bu kesinlikle benim değil sizin suçunuzdur.

(Özellikle şu anda kazandığımız göz önüne alındığında.)

I am not offended never and ever .

That is only a cartoon comics and funny. I like it justmade a joke. 

Wales can win , why they can not .

I knew our team is not Brasilian team that is not innsulting. I am not narsist  and knew our team level .

We are at the C level ..Ok.

We Turks say spring do not come with only one flower opens .To be leader not bring our fottball is legendary level.

So no problem at all..

Edited by Naat
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I almost wish we'd get hammered here if Croatia do win.

Watching the way we're playing right now just makes me furious this isn't the team Page picked at the weekend.

Also... that's a penalty? tf?

There's still a play-off after this. Surely going into that with confidence and some good results will give you a good chance at prevailing.

4 minutes ago, shen said:

There's still a play-off after this. Surely going into that with confidence and some good results will give you a good chance at prevailing.

Yeah, I'm not being entirely serious. I'd never actively wish us to lose regardless. I'm obviously glad we're doing well.

But it's frustrating. Page just isn't really a manager, he's a likeable guy and a grafter and the team seems to like playing for him but he's not a tactician and his selections are often bemusing. The team he picked for Armenia away was a serious head scratcher and there's not really an excuse for losing that.