Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Just now, Super_horns said:

Who will face  play in the play offs ?

It’s very convoluted but Wales and Poland will both play at home, Poland likely against Estonia and Wales against one of Ukraine/Iceland/Finland, then we winner of those will play a final. If Poland and wales both win, the final will be in Poland as higher ranked. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Probably best for the ref if Croatia win as his decisions won’t matter.

Genuinely shocking decisions. Their penalty was pretty generous, not gonna say it absolutely wasn't a foul there was a bit of a push but the Turkish lad makes a real meal of it.

But it wasn't as blatant as the push in the back on Johnson in the first half or the tackle where Johnson got completely wiped out. I'm not kidding we should have had two stonewall penalties in the first half. lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, I'm not being entirely serious. I'd never actively wish us to lose regardless. I'm obviously glad we're doing well.

But it's frustrating. Page just isn't really a manager, he's a likeable guy and a grafter and the team seems to like playing for him but he's not a tactician and his selections are often bemusing. The team he picked for Armenia away was a serious head scratcher and there's not really an excuse for losing that.

Bore Da Finnegan ,

Cmyru is good team ,they were very good yesterday and absolutely deserved to win.

I am sorry for the dyn chwythu chwiban ,  we suggest him to our coach to choose that man for our next goal keeper that I never seen such a quality goal keeper saving 3 penalty in a game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Naat said:

Bore Da Finnegan ,

Cmyru is good team ,they were very good yesterday and absolutely deserved to win.

I am sorry for the dyn chwythu chwiban ,  we suggest him to our coach to choose that man for our next goal keeper that I never seen such a quality goal keeper saving 3 penalty in a game. 

Teşekkürler kardeşim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

It’s very convoluted but Wales and Poland will both play at home, Poland likely against Estonia and Wales against one of Ukraine/Iceland/Finland, then we winner of those will play a final. If Poland and wales both win, the final will be in Poland as higher ranked. 

Incorrect the home team in the final is drawn out the hat (think it's tomorrow), ranking only matters for SF

• Like 1

SKY’s predicted England squad doesn’t make for good reading & in truth they probably won’t be far off.

For me there are only 3 starters from that squad, those being Bellingham, Rice and Kane, 

It then goes on how Southgate chooses his formation.

Starting with keepers he will choose Pickford despite not letting anyone else stake a claim and it’s mentioned down to his ball playing abilities, but, England don’t play with this reliance on playing out from the back, who is he doing triangles with that then builds the play and who of these is equally adapt in playing this way in tight spaces.

Which brings us to the defenders.

He looks like he is sticking with his 4 but (this prediction suggests) leaves the best 2 options out; James and Chilwell which if they are not fit and firing ok. But then it shoves Trent AA & Lewis (RB by trade) into midfield I know they both play there for clubs sometimes but will they get in ahead of Rice/Jude? 
They have pigeon holed them as 2 of 6 midfielders to get more defenders in of which they already have 7, looking at the other 4 who gets the 3rd spot with Rice/Bellingham out of the rest it would have to be 1 of those 2 which says a lot when your putting RBs in midfield in his 433 system.

So forwards there are 7 for 3 slots (well 6 for 2 as Kane takes 1 regardless) & looking at them it’s Saka & Foden, where does Maddison fit in would you have him as the 3rd midfielder dropping someone allowing for Palmer to be added.

Toney if he gets back as was is the best replacement for Kane I guess.

This again is defensively heavy with 9 defenders listed and every tournament we say it’s about scoring goals, we always seem to start with the don’t concede mentality and nick a goal instead of we will score first and take every game to the opposition. 

Creativity wise in Southgate’s formations is stifled, if he continues with 433 then TAA could be the inverted RB (which he is/has done with Liverpool so not new) allowing Maddison to be in the centre with Bellingham & Rice the anchor with TAA. You could then have the option of creative players in Jude/Madders feeding creative wide players Foden/Palmer/Saka instead of Bellingham having to do it all.

We need ball players to overcome the shit show performances like the last 2 games where teams were dug in.

Which leads nicely onto Bellingham, why oh why do we always have to pick out and put the weight of everything on 1 players shoulder, Gazza in the 90s Beckham in the late 90s early 00s then Rooney after that, if we put a squad that complements each other together then the sum of the whole is stronger etc etc no?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/13013489/englands-euro-2024-squad-predicted-ivan-toney-and-rico-lewis-in-reece-james-and-kalvin-phillips-to-miss-out

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

I would love an exciting team like this. 5 players capable of creating and scoring goals. Plenty of pace and strength at the back. 

Pickford

Walker

Tomori

Guehi

Chillwell

Rice

Bellingham

Saka

Foden

Grealish

Kane

Bellingham wasted in the holding role. Plays no 10 for Real and is arguably the best player in the world currently 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Bellingham wasted in the holding role. Plays no 10 for Real and is arguably the best player in the world currently 

Yeah but it would be very Southgate to ask him to stand in front of the back four and pass it sideways. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

I did dabble between the 4 1 4 1 and the 4 2 3 1

For me Bellingham would just be allowed to go where and he wants and do what he wants :D

Well that went about as well as it could have. 

Poland should be favourites even in Cardiff but if we've got a fully fit squad I can see the occasion bringing the best out of us. 

Poland aren't exactly the most creative against a parked bus and one thing we will have is pace on the break. 

Not that I'm just assuming we'll beat Finland tbh.