Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I was watching the game on Dazn and the commentator said it wasn’t even reviewed by VAR 

in the prem that gets reviewed for about 3 mins and the ref sent to the monitor 

Mudryk blatantly dived, going down before Cristante touched him.

Contact marginal at best but he goes down like he's been shot (maybe not the best terminology given current situation).

This is more a general comment but what has happened to refs booking players for diving?

Players rarely get booked for horrendous dives, refs just wave calls for a foul away, which emboldens players to give diving a go.

• Like 2

I'm really torn on that Mudryk one. His only intention was to get to the ball first and didn't care where it went (he's side footed it to the keeper and never gonna get to it).

However, the Italy defender is late and clumsy and does take Mudryk down, so I can see why some people would look and say it's a foul.

Factoring in that the ball is essentially dead due to Mudryk's touch though, I'd say a penalty would be incredibly harsh. I feel like fouls should only be punished if the player has been hindered, if the player has kicked the ball out of play or to the goalkeeper because their only intention was the buy the foul, then I think play on. 

I think most people can tell if a player has manipulated a situation, mainly as it looks so unnatural.

• Like 1