Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

16 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Its stolen me away from BG3 which is impressive and a great shame. 

Who'd have thought that you could give me a great spaceship, an almost infinite universe and I'd still spend my time delivering packages and turning off electrical points in an underworld city like all open world type games have.

I refuse to read up about it, since I like to discover myself, but I have one question - can you lock yourself out of content? Is there an issue with choosing one faction and then doing another? I don't seem capable of saying no to an epic quest (or mundane delivery mission)?

I think so yes. There's major quest lines which you have to "pick sides" a bit like the Stormcloaks vs Imperials quest in Skyrim. 

On 20/09/2023 at 18:21, The People's Hero said:

Its stolen me away from BG3 which is impressive and a great shame. 

Who'd have thought that you could give me a great spaceship, an almost infinite universe and I'd still spend my time delivering packages and turning off electrical points in an underworld city like all open world type games have.

I refuse to read up about it, since I like to discover myself, but I have one question - can you lock yourself out of content? Is there an issue with choosing one faction and then doing another? I don't seem capable of saying no to an epic quest (or mundane delivery mission)?

Yes and no. To explain that further would entail a massive plot spoiler. You will have the opportunity to investigate all possible content. 

I love the game, but one thing that pisses me off immeasurably.

Why the FVCK can't you walk at the same pace as NPCs? 

It's 2023 and Bethesda somehow still can't get it right. You spend a LOT of time following NPCs around in this game, and it's totally immersion breaking to have to run / walk / run / walk to try and keep pace with them. 

How hard is it to implement a system so that this isn't necessary? SMH, man. We shouldn't have to rely on mods to fix basic shit like this.

Edited by RoboFox

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's 2023 and Bethesda somehow still can't get it right. You spend a LOT of time following NPCs around in this game, and it's totally immersion breaking to have to run / walk / run / walk to try and keep pace with them. 

How hard is it to implement a system so that this isn't necessary? SMH, man. We shouldn't have to rely on mods to fix basic shit like this.

Exactly. Everyone in real life walks at exactly the same pace and that should be mirrored in games. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

100%. I still think to this day game developers do it on purpose just to troll everyone. as there is no reason they can't implement it. even just an auto follow feature.

47 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Exactly. Everyone in real life walks at exactly the same pace and that should be mirrored in games. 

Don't be fvcking daft. I want immersion in the game, not an accurate representation of the diversity of walking paces in the real world. Every NPC bar the annoying follower is the same height FFS.

Whoever decided that EVERY SINGLE NPC will walk slower than you can run, but faster than you can walk deserves to endure the exact same thing in real life. Constantly having to jog to catch up with their friends. 

Cyberpunk managed this and it was a broken game. 

Edited by RoboFox

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Don't be fvcking daft. I want immersion in the game, not an accurate representation of the diversity of walking paces in the real world. 

Whoever decided that EVERY SINGLE NPC will walk slower than you can run, but faster than you can walk deserves to endure the exact same thing in real life. Constantly having to jog to catch up with their friends. 

Cyberpunk managed this and it was a broken game. 

Gives you the opportunity to run around them in a circle jumping on their head like irl

• Haha 1

It's grown on me. Controversial but as somebody who loves fantasy settings, I just found Skyrim so meh and the world really bland/grey. I was worried it was like that at first but thankfully it seems like it isn't. There's been some really cool little bits in side quests so far and the faction questlines seem cool. Loved the interaction exhibit in the UC headquarters as that was a great way to deliver lore.

It's got a problem with way too much content and not a way to properly track it clearly. Recent AC games are known for their bloat but at least you can easily see what the quest is and where it is (plus turn the icons off if it's too much). Need an update with bloody maps! Not sure if I'll ever finish it or certainly not in the way it's intended.

Oh and thank god there's actually some sci fi weaponry. It's so dumb when humans have mastered space travel, habitation etc yet they're still just using bullets (looking at you Halo)

• Like 1

There are far to many things to do on this. 

I got caught by the security willy pullers in the main city at the start and then had to infiltrate the pirates. 

5 hours later and realised I hadn't even gone any further with the main story than meeting the people in the lodge as I got caught when I left. 

I was just about to go to the key to meet the leader of the crimson fleet when I realised I was probably getting ahead of myself and need to go back to do some of the main story. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

There are far to many things to do on this. 

I got caught by the security willy pullers in the main city at the start and then had to infiltrate the pirates. 

5 hours later and realised I hadn't even gone any further with the main story than meeting the people in the lodge as I got caught when I left. 

I was just about to go to the key to meet the leader of the crimson fleet when I realised I was probably getting ahead of myself and need to go back to do some of the main story. 

The game doesn't really tell you this, but I'd complete "Into The Unknown" on the main quest before doing your own thing :thumbup:

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The game doesn't really tell you this, but I'd complete "Into The Unknown" on the main quest before doing your own thing :thumbup:

Yea exactly, I got this feeling when I was blasting through systems to get to the key. 

Felt like I was running before I could walk. 

I'll go back and do that part of the main story. 

I love taking photos in epic locations though. Anyone found that ice spike thing on earth? Great spot for a selfie lol

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yea exactly, I got this feeling when I was blasting through systems to get to the key. 

Felt like I was running before I could walk. 

I'll go back and do that part of the main story. 

I love taking photos in epic locations though. Anyone found that ice spike thing on earth? Great spot for a selfie lol

the key is a good place to have access to though, at least do the meet and greet

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Glad you have said this, in open world games like I tend to usually end up doing everything else possible before going onto the main story lol