Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

12 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I haven't regretted it. Coalville v Alvechurch tomorrow marks my 150th consectuive game following Coalville. A run stretching back to October 2020.

Cracking effort that is.

Optimistic for next season under King or not ?

Have to laugh at Hednesford, they are on the verge of going into the midlands league step 5 and they appoint a data analyst

Also turned off replies to their tweets

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Cracking effort that is.

Optimistic for next season under King or not ?

Cheers. It has left me questioning my life choices at certain moments.

Not wildly optimistic. It's a big summer coming up with a probable squad overhaul. I think after 10-15 games next season we can start to judge if King has been a good appointment or not.

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Cheers. It has left me questioning my life choices at certain moments.

Not wildly optimistic. It's a big summer coming up with a probable squad overhaul. I think after 10-15 games next season we can start to judge if King has been a good appointment or not.

Yes I agree. It could go either way, could easily end up at the wrong end of the table if things don’t work out.

All depends on the type of player he is able to bring in over the summer. He certainly hasn’t got the best out of the squad he inherited, I think a fair few of them have lost interest though.

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yes I agree. It could go either way, could easily end up at the wrong end of the table if things don’t work out.

All depends on the type of player he is able to bring in over the summer. He certainly hasn’t got the best out of the squad he inherited, I think a fair few of them have lost interest though.

We have 1 fit sub today. That’s a lot of unavailability in a short timeframe. And top goal scorer on the bench. I think it’s quite telling. 
That said, it isn’t a bad game. 

Interesting to see Anstey Nomads attendance was 315 and Coalville only a few more at 364 .

Now I know Nomads have something to play for but I'd still expect a town the size of Coalville get few more in !

Anybody know the Harborough Town attendance ?

10 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Interesting to see Anstey Nomads attendance was 315 and Coalville only a few more at 364 .

Now I know Nomads have something to play for but I'd still expect a town the size of Coalville get few more in !

Coalville attendance very hit and miss. Nothing to play for, so can’t see many being at the remaining games. Getting up towards a 1000 this time last season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We have 1 fit sub today. That’s a lot of unavailability in a short timeframe. And top goal scorer on the bench. I think it’s quite telling. 
That said, it isn’t a bad game. 

Yeah I think it will be like this until the end of the season.

At least we scored more than 1 goal today

Over 2,500 at the Ramsgate v Cray Valley PM game today at the top of the Isthmian SE division. Started on level points, Ramsgate top by a single extra goal but Cray with a game in hand. Finished 2-2 with Ramsgate scoring two late goals but Cray still odds on to finish 1st now. Hope whoever finishes 2nd wins the playoffs, it's basically a Wrexham/Notts County situation from last year with 2 sides way ahead of the rest. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Have to laugh at Hednesford, they are on the verge of going into the midlands league step 5 and they appoint a data analyst

Also turned off replies to their tweets

Deservedly getting shit as a new owner came in and decided to throw money at it after having most of the season under a basic budget and keeping the club running under a previous owner/effectively club trust 

6 hours ago, los dedos said:

Coalville do nothing locally to try and drum up interest. 

They are the counties premier non league side and radio Leicester and the mercury actively ignore them because they are on the wrong side of the county. 

Should get much better numbers 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, los dedos said:

Harborough had 340 watching yesterday v Quorn. Previous home game v Rushden & Diamonds attracted 550. Although it was a bank holiday & they brought about 100. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

Went to watch Rugby Town for the second time this season. I've been getting into non-league football over the last two years and Rugby play in the division below Kettering. They drew 1v1 and only have a couple of games left to ensure they survive. Can't believe Rushden and Diamonds have a chance of survival. I'm sure only 3/4 months ago they had single digit points and looked doomed (first game I watched at Rugby Town was RD beating them 3v0 odd).

But by God, the standard was terrible. Such a drop off from Kettering/Coalville level. Constant hoof ball at every opportunity (I know Rugby are one of the worst teams in the division). However, good little set up at Rugby.

Playoffs already occurring at Step 5, United Counties League on Saturday

Loughborough Students v Melton Town, 3pm - North Semi

Aylestone Park v St Neots, 3pm - South Semi - shame this one looks slightly too far to do post-match on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Harborough manager leaving at the end of the season? 

Sure he signed a long term contract recently

Would Harborough Town if promoted move into the southern league central. Not sure with geographical way things of teams coming up and down they be forced to switch to southern league which could mean derbies against Coalville, Barwell and Kettering.

19 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would Harborough Town if promoted move into the southern league central. Not sure with geographical way things of teams coming up and down they be forced to switch to southern league which could mean derbies against Coalville, Barwell and Kettering.

I think that's where they will go, if promoted. 

Looks like the play-offs now unfortunately.