Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

54 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would Harborough Town if promoted move into the southern league central. Not sure with geographical way things of teams coming up and down they be forced to switch to southern league which could mean derbies against Coalville, Barwell and Kettering.

Yeah they would guaranteed to come into the southern central I think.

12 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I think Chesterfield are on the beach already, heading for their 4th defeat on the trot after winning the leagiue.

Dont think theyd care as there champions. They could practically play a youth squad for the remaining games.

53 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Anstey host Corby tonight which is ironic given their rivalry with Harborough. 

Corby are on a good run and have only lost 3 away from home all season. It looks to be Anstey’s toughest remaining fixture. You would think they need to win out.

27 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Corby are on a good run and have only lost 3 away from home all season. It looks to be Anstey’s toughest remaining fixture. You would think they need to win out.

Were after a playoff spot and there’s rumours Dynamo don’t want to go up (would open a playoff spot) 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Were after a playoff spot and there’s rumours Dynamo don’t want to go up (would open a playoff spot) 

I didn’t realise you were allowed to turn down promotion at that level. Or does that only apply to title-winners and play off teams can vacate spots?

50 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I didn’t realise you were allowed to turn down promotion at that level. Or does that only apply to title-winners and play off teams can vacate spots?

They only legitimately can if it’s a ground grading issue. Which I could see as an issue at Nanpantan. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Nomads messed it up. 2-2 v Corby. Moneybags Spalding now in position and an all Leicestershire playoff royal rumble on the cards 

I thought Anstey have a high wage bill too ? Conrad Logan won't be playing for peanuts, surely. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I thought Anstey have a high wage bill too ? Conrad Logan won't be playing for peanuts, surely. 

Logan is playing for as good as nothing. He’s on the board at Nomads. There’s a good four of five of their squad what have worked up the levels with them. 

Spalding have been getting Birmingham based players over 

Edited by CosbehFox

Just looking through some of the leagues a quite extraordinary turn of events in the Midlands football Premier league.

Highgate United needed to win by 12 goals away to Bewdley Town to get into the play offs on goals scored.

They won 0-12...now you might think thats too much of a coincidence, but bear in mind their opponents Bewdley were already relegated before the game with a -128 goal difference.

Studley were the team to miss out....Ouch!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shame for Gateshead. 

Local authority not allowing them 10-year tenure at their stadium. Which seems odd considering the value they could get if they were promoted. 

Lots of local authorities seem to hate sport and the communities they SERVE.

• Like 2