Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Lots of local authorities seem to hate sport and the communities they SERVE.

There is still a snobbery around football clubs and their supporters.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If the agreenment had been met sure, bit late for all that now though.

Yeah but can be agreed in the summer still had to win the play offs. I mean Darlingtons old massive stadium is also an option.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Why is a 10-year stadium tenure needed? 

To ensure stability I imagine. Look at what a lack of bulletproof long-term tenancy got Cov. Getting kicked out your ground and having to groundshare massively increases costs and granted you’ll be travelling a decent distance to find a correctly graded facility you can imagine a considerable drop in attendance and it sets you well on the road to financial crisis if not managed tightly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah but can be agreed in the summer still had to win the play offs. I mean Darlingtons old massive stadium is also an option.

I don't think so, if it could then they wouldn't have thrown out Gateshead from the playoffs.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

yep

Stevenage and Woking (I think) have both missed out on promotion due to ground issues and they are close enough to London. There is no bias here.

Can't say Solihull Moors ground suitable for the EFL. Terrible facilities. I do think solutions can be found around this, even if it means a short term ground share option, give Gateshead two years to sort something more permanent, if by two years there still yet to resolve this issue then by all means throw them out the league.  There's pretty much enough grounds they can play at to meet the EFL criteria, Hartlepool United (28 miles), Darlington Arena (31 miles) and maybe even Carlisle (53 miles), even Newcastle Falcons rugby ground.

Edited by Leicesterpool

23 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Big game for them against Stamford tomorrow now.

Also kinda harsh as if the table stays the same, you've essentially got the 2nd/3rd best (true) points tally sides going up against each other in the semi finals lol

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

National league and PL thinking of creating a new competition with the Premier league Under 21 teams involved.

So are the Under 21s going to pull out of the EFL trophy and play in this lower down instead?

There will be no interest in it from clubs unless the prize money is really good.

Putting them in has been a failure, so trying something else now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

In position at Anstey hoping for a shock from there 

3-0 Spalding half time

Edited by Tuna