Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nuneaton Foxster

What's wrong with football today

Time wasting.

Behaviour of managers, players are bad enough but managers should be able to conduct themselves with professionalism. Sets an an awful example and produces scenes we see at grassroots. 

Social media but everything else that annoys me off the pitch can generally ignore.

23 hours ago, Corky said:

Gary Weaver

Neville and Carragher

Jim White

Half and half scarves

Nobodies on YouTube being given airtime

Time wasting

Sloop John B megamix

Monday Night Football

Jake Humphrey

Fletch and Macca

I chose not to like these, I chose something else.

This is spot on.

It has embraced a media full of binary opinions and whatever clickbait nonsense drives more income. 

the ****ing ludicrous money involved in the game now has created a chasm and lack of humanising the players, these players don’t live anything close to a normal a life. 

Wilfried Zaha is set to earn £200,000 a week, at a mid table club in ****ing Croydon. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Greed and the players always defend themselves about it.

You want see many premier league players that will say they'll automatically donate 30% of their wages to charity cause. 

alot of them probably do something similar but don’t feel the need to tell us as it’s their business 

Players no longer tell us that steak and chips is their favourite meal or that they drive a Ford Capri and like Status Quo. 

I also believe that everything went to shit when Shoot stopped producing the League Ladder. 

• Haha 1

The elevation of players to pseudo deities. They genuinely think they're special, important people. That they're the chosen ones.

Opening the game to foreign conglomerate ownership. It moves football away from the community driven entities that promote all the feelings of pride and tribal competition that most of us grew up with.

The very weird fan culture that the UK seem to be tilting at. 'limbs' 'scenes' 'goat'. Very odd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The elevation of players to pseudo deities. They genuinely think they're special, important people. That they're the chosen ones.

Opening the game to foreign conglomerate ownership. It moves football away from the community driven entities that promote all the feelings of pride and tribal competition that most of us grew up with.

The very weird fan culture that the UK seem to be tilting at. 'limbs' 'scenes' 'goat'. Very odd.

I'd agree with all of this but a comment on the bolded: those feelings of "tribal competition" once upon a time (and very occasionally now) had very negative connotations and consequences, so I'm not entirely sad that element has been (mostly) removed from the equation. Of course, in the process of doing so they've thrown the baby out with the bathwater in exactly the ways you describe.

Edited by leicsmac

Instagram. The fascination with Leeds ‘would've took more’ (terrible English).. The disgraceful dress sense. You see pics of British football fans in the 80s decked out with pride, nowadays you see groups of weirdos in dirty sports direct pyjamas that don’t fit them. 

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Players no longer tell us that steak and chips is their favourite meal or that they drive a Ford Capri and like Status Quo. 

I also believe that everything went to shit when Shoot stopped producing the League Ladder. 

Haaland said in an interview that his favourite food is kebab, or even kebab pizza! 

Hes my new icon.