Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

New Contract

Well we can offer him a new one but whether he wants one is another matter.

I'm sure he may be off in Jan if he keeps playing like this, someone like WBA or Sunderland will come in for him I bet :cry:

By far our best player this season.

Well we can offer him a new one but whether he wants one is another matter.

I'm sure he may be off in Jan if he keeps playing like this, someone like WBA or Sunderland will come in for him I bet :cry:

By far our best player this season.

Yep agreed. Who would have thought it after last season's performances? He has been fantastic all season and even if a Premiership club don't come for him, I'm sure a higher placed Championship club would definitely be interested.

I voted for McCarthy as captain - and still believe he has admirable qualities despite his lapses.

However, the more I see Joey the more I wonder if we should build our team around him as skipper.

He's head and shoulders our player of the season and seems to add a little to his game week by week suggesting that he's never satisfied.

Nowadays he's a genuine threat from midfield and furthermore he's disciplined and he does seem to care.

He was obviously pissed off big time about Friday's defeat, and that's what I want to see - but even then it wasn't in a negative way.

I wonder now if the added responsibility of captaincy, which I feared might neuter his game, might in reality be the catalyst for success because he would demand as much of others as himself yet he wouldn't be likely to go awol through a fit of uncontrolled anger like Paddy (understandable though it was).

John Terry showed the perfect way to react to injustice yesterday when, in being denied a blatant penalty, he voiced his contempt for the official but never stopped moving back into position.

Mind you, how a referee can get away with that decision is inexplicable. He must have seen it - the "rugby tackle" as it was described, continued for seconds. It was another massive advert for action replay decisions but if the guy cannot get that sort of decision right what on earth is he doing on a Premiership football pitch - or even a parks football pitch for that matter?.

Chelsea are contributing massively to the demise of football with their obscene money-driven monopolising of the player market in England. And they have been given so many decisions that should have prompted enquiries in recent years but yesterday's apparent "blind eye" brought refereeing into disrepute big time.

The official should have to explain himself and quickly.

While on the subject of Chelsea I see Wigan supremo Dave Whelan wants a spending cap for teams in the Premiership so that the Title chase doesn't become the meaningless farce it was last year and is again this year. The sooner the better I say.

While on the subject of Chelsea I see Wigan supremo Dave Whelan wants a spending cap for teams in the Premiership so that the Title chase doesn't become the meaningless farce it was last year and is again this year. The sooner the better I say.

So then all the top players would go abroad to get more money and we would have Ade Akinby (sp) as a top striker at a prem club as that's the best they can get.

Can't wait!

So then all the top players would go abroad to get more money and we would have Ade Akinby (sp) as a top striker at a prem club as that's the best they can get.

Can't wait!

Too many top players sit on a bench Saturday afternoons these days anyway because there's no more spaces available in Chelsea's team.

Increasingly, these top players are not in a football contest, they're effectively playing a series of exhibition matches at great expense.

How early was the Championship decided last year? The rest were exhibitions. It will be the same this year.

That being the case I'd rather watch Fosse City or the Reserves down at Hinckley.

I haven't the slightest interest in watching contrived, one-sided football that is made so simply because one competitor has an unchallengable advantage over another.

And if this superstar circus goes somewhere else, who will they play against in that far off land?.

The beauty of sport is the contest but, in football, that contest is now effectively rigged and therefore no better than a mismatch in boxing. The football authorities need to protect the game.

If Abromovic really wants to serve football he should appreciate this and agree to assist.

:( He's our best player by far, yet again the club is draging its heels over givning out a new contract, if we're not careful we will lose him for nothing.

God I'm getting mad just writing this!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

We can't really offer him a new contract now as any one we're likely to offer will be on reduced terms to what he's on now.

or maybe, as he said at the start of the season, its the 1st time in a few years he's had a full pre-season with the club he's playing for, he feels settled and actually wants to stay here for a long time to come, people dont show that much comitment just to get a contract they actually have to give a shit about their team- joey does, just wish we could say the same for the rest (paddy mac apart)

or maybe, as he said at the start of the season, its the 1st time in a few years he's had a full pre-season with the club he's playing for, he feels settled and actually wants to stay here for a long time to come, people dont show that much comitment just to get a contract they actually have to give a shit about their team- joey does, just wish we could say the same for the rest (paddy mac apart)

i would like to think that stearman gives a shit for the team coming through the academy and that. was he a leicester fan as a child by the way? i'm not sure

he's oridginally from wolverhampton i believe, paddy mac and youth teamers then

I think it's players who are trying to forge a career that give the most. paddy mac comes into that category as leicester have given him a chance to get a foothold in professional football, stearman too. i think joey g is just very ambitious, he's played international football and in la liga with betis, plus the prem too.he's tasted the big time and probably feels he has something to proove.

players like nissa, sylla, maybury, douglas, dublin and de vries are just mercenaries to some extent.

i'd also say hume, smith and hammond seem to actually care, hume and hammond for the same reason as paddy mad (and paddy g come t think of it) where as smudger is trying to impress both wenger and cl to either get into the arsenal side or stay here for the remainder of the season

i think a player that clearly is giving his all is something that every fan likes to see. the fans respect them if they see the effort, and can even excuse a few mistakes if they are satisfied that they are trying there best.

it really annoys me to see players who don't seem to breaking there back for the cause. it's o.k if they perform, but if the apparent lack of effort is doubled up with poor performance it really is annoying and frustrating. momo sylla is a prime example of this, he clearly does have some skill, but he just doesn't apply himself, williams also.

i would like to think that stearman gives a shit for the team coming through the academy and that. was he a leicester fan as a child by the way? i'm not sure

I thought he was from Harborough?? Or somehwere on the outskirts of Leicester. But i do know he was a leicester fan.

I thought he was from Harborough?? Or somehwere on the outskirts of Leicester. But i do know he was a leicester fan.

yeh, he's from market harborough, i'm still not sure whether he was a leicester fan though, i think he might have been a northampton fan

Archived