Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Arjan Raikhy

Wolves and Leicester are competing for the signature of midfielder Arjan Raikhy, according to the Daily Mail.

Raikhy was part of the Aston Villa side that won the FA Youth Cup in 2021, before going on to help both Grimsby and Stockport get promoted to the Football League during two separate loan spells the following season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjan_Raikhy

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

So three then? Hardly a massive influx

There was also Viktor Johansson and Mitch Clark

We just seem to pick up 1 Villa academy reject a year to add a body to the under 21s

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

There was also Viktor Johansson and Mitch Clark

We just seem to pick up 1 Villa academy reject a year to add a body to the under 21s

Johansson looked decent actually.

I can understanding needing to fill the team with bodies since we seem to be using the u21s to focus on only a couple of players with the rest being supporting characters.

(Seems like we could be doing more for the rest who increasingly have more and more potiential compared with years past but that's another debate)

So we've had four and possibly soon five from villa?

What's the advantage of going to villa? Is someone just lazy or are we or someone benefiting from it?

Just now, Foxxed said:

Johansson looked decent actually.

I can understanding needing to fill the team with bodies since we seem to be using the u21s to focus on only a couple of players with the rest being supporting characters.

(Seems like we could be doing more for the rest who increasingly have more and more potiential compared with years past but that's another debate)

So we've had four and possibly soon five from villa?

What's the advantage of going to villa? Is someone just lazy or are we or someone benefiting from it?

Yeah it is a shame we didn't try sending Johansson out on loan at all and seemingly create a development plan of some kind for him

Had 2 seasons in our under 21s then left on a free

I think it might be Petty that has a link with Villa

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah it is a shame we didn't try sending Johansson out on loan at all and seemingly create a development plan of some kind for him

Had 2 seasons in our under 21s then left on a free

I think it might be Petty that has a link with Villa

Wasn't there another who played in pre-season with either Appiah last summer or Brunt the summer before? Not sure they then signed permanently. 

Petty has links to Villa, we got him from there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...contacts and just plain lazy!!!

We just seem to be paying people for doing the bare minimum.

It does sound like a bit of "Why bother looking at all the possible youth players when I can just look a Villa's lot?" And that sounds like these lot are fillers. Which doesn't give a great impression to the players honestly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It does sound like a bit of "Why bother looking at all the possible youth players when I can just look a Villa's lot?" And that sounds like these lot are fillers. Which doesn't give a great impression to the players honestly.

...if you ever watch the U21s, they do not look like a team, every other team we come up against looks as if they are playing to a system with reason!!!

We have disillusioned players running around going nowhere.