Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

“The way he left Celtic” - what, on course for 9 trophies out of 9? **** me, I hate the bloke but Old Firm fans are a different breed**

**Who have terrible personal hygiene 

So go on.  Explain why Postecoglu whose title. win in 2022 (given the shambles he inherited from Lennon) was an astonishing achievement and who won 5 out of 6 isn't getting the "rat" treatment nor will there be banners against him at the next game ? For your info Postecoglu was loved even more than Rodgers.  

If you kiss the badge, say the club is in your blood, tell the fans you are one of them and proceed to leave mid season with titles up for grabs then you will get a reaction.  A reaction which is not peculiar to fans in Glasgow - see QPR when Beale left last season.

and btw, I smell just fine.  

Edited by g67
spelling
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, g67 said:

So go on.  Explain why Postecoglu whose title. win in 2022 (given the shambles he inherited from Lennon) was an astonishing achievement and who won 5 out of 6 isn't getting the "rat" treatment nor will there be banners against him at the next game ? For your info Postecoglu was loved even more than Rodgers.  

If you kiss the badge, say the club is in your blood, tell the fans you are one of them and proceed to leave mid season with titles up for grabs then you will get a reaction.  A reaction which is not peculiar to fans in Glasgow - see QPR when Beale left last season.

Presume it was a bitter pill for Celtic fans to have demonstrable proof they're a less attractive than Leicester to a manager with any ambition?  Bit less of a bitter pill to take when someone leaves for Spurs hence the lack of reaction to his departure combined with clawing the trophy out of Rangers' hands.  Winning everything, every year reinforced the self-belief that the club are bigger than they are.  Proof in point by you saying Celtic winning the league was "a stunning achievement".  Was it heck.

13 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Presume it was a bitter pill for Celtic fans to have demonstrable proof they're a less attractive than Leicester to a manager with any ambition?  Bit less of a bitter pill to take when someone leaves for Spurs hence the lack of reaction to his departure combined with clawing the trophy out of Rangers' hands.  Winning everything, every year reinforced the self-belief that the club are bigger than they are.  Proof in point by you saying Celtic winning the league was "a stunning achievement".  Was it heck.

Well I doubt you'll find a celtic fan that thinks leicester (at that time) weren't more attractive than celtic.  Not sure why you think celtic fans think they are a bigger club than they are.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Do you actually read what I've written  ?

Every EPL team is financially bigger than Celtic.  Luton Town are now bigger than Celtic when it comes to money.  That means that any manager or player who does well with us will in all likelihood be sold or leave within two years.  We are all well aware of that, hence our disappointment at Postecoglu going but no resentment at him.  We know where we are in the food chain.  

Postecoglu came to a club that had just lost the league by 25 points and due to inept management needed a brand new squad.  13 players had left between January and August.  So literally starting from scratch (when he was having to give 17 year old youth players their debut) to turn that around and beat a team that would reach the Europa Cup Final was a stunning achievement.  

Genuine question to some of the folk on here.  Your board gave Celtic what was then a world record fee of £9M for Rodgers plus a contract of over £80K per week.  Spurs have just taken our most recent manager after winning 5 trophies out of 6.  So if its a pub league that you don't have to be even conscious to win as a coach, why is it that English clubs seem to take a shine to our successful bosses and pay significant sums of compo to get them ?(Spurs "only" paid £5M because Postecoglu's contract wasn't as water tight as Rodgers)

Edited by g67
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, g67 said:

Because you lot had some weird obsession with that "treble treble" nonsense as if anyone outside of you and Rangers gave a toss. Postecoglu being loved more than Rodgers probably also goes some way to explaining why there'll be no "rat" banners, no? Answered your own question my brother.

And btw, I bet you don't.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well I doubt you'll find a celtic fan that thinks leicester (at that time) weren't more attractive than celtic.  Not sure why you think celtic fans think they are a bigger club than they are.  

They literally had a banner saying Rodgers had "traded immortality for mediocrity" but go on

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, g67 said:

Do you actually read what I've written  ?

Every EPL team is financially bigger than Celtic.  Luton Town are now bigger than Celtic when it comes to money.  That means that any manager or player who does well with us will in all likelihood be sold or leave within two years.  We are all well aware of that, hence our disappointment at Postecoglu going but no resentment at him.  We know where we are in the food chain.  

Postecoglu came to a club that had just lost the league by 25 points and due to inept management needed a brand new squad.  13 players had left between January and August.  So literally starting from scratch (when he was having to give 17 year old youth players their debut) to turn that around and beat a team that would reach the Europa Cup Final was a stunning achievement.  

Genuine question to some of the folk on here.  Your board gave Celtic what was then a world record fee of £9M for Rodgers plus a contract of over £80K per week.  Spurs have just taken our most recent manager after winning 5 trophies out of 6.  So if its a pub league that you don't have to be even conscious to win as a coach, why is it that English clubs seem to take a shine to our successful bosses and pay significant sums of compo to get them ?(Spurs "only" paid £5M because Postecoglu's contract wasn't as water tight as Rodgers)

Both of them already had reputations, Rodgers had done fairly well in England prior hadn't he, and Postecoglu had done well elsewhere. No one bothered with Ronny Deila

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Because you lot had some weird obsession with that "treble treble" nonsense as if anyone outside of you and Rangers gave a toss. Postecoglu being loved more than Rodgers probably also goes some way to explaining why there'll be no "rat" banners, no? Answered your own question my brother.

And btw, I bet you don't.

Imagine football fans having an obsession with winning trophies, and wanting to outdo their nearest rivals.  Perish the thought, eh ?

As for your second sentence, sorry mate it makes no sense.   Postecoglu didn't patronise the fans in the way that Rodgers did, hence a different reaction.  We were disappointed at both but only angry with one.  Not my problem if you can't understand the difference

And if Leicester ever see a manager walk out on them mid season after expressing undying love, Miquel, I'll keep a watch on this forum for your placid, measured reaction that I'm sure will be free of any resentment.  

btw talking of weird, is interest in the hygiene of somebody you don't know, not a bit strange ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Both of them already had reputations, Rodgers had done fairly well in England prior hadn't he, and Postecoglu had done well elsewhere. No one bothered with Ronny Deila

Deila got sacked.  Deila was a failure at Celtic.  And if Posetcoglu already had the reputation why didn't he move from the straight from the J-League to the EPL ?

2 minutes ago, g67 said:

Imagine football fans having an obsession with winning trophies, and wanting to outdo their nearest rivals.  Perish the thought, eh ?

As for your second sentence, sorry mate it makes no sense.   Postecoglu didn't patronise the fans in the way that Rodgers did, hence a different reaction.  We were disappointed at both but only angry with one.  Not my problem if you can't understand the difference

And if Leicester ever see a manager walk out on them mid season after expressing undying love, Miquel, I'll keep a watch on this forum for your placid, measured reaction that I'm sure will be free of any resentment.  

btw talking of weird, is interest in the hygiene of somebody you don't know, not a bit strange ?

I'm not that arsed tbh mate, go and buy some Lynx and chill out

• Haha 4

Just now, g67 said:

Deila got sacked.  Deila was a failure at Celtic.  And if Posetcoglu already had the reputation why didn't he move from the straight from the J-League to the EPL ?

Yeah and no one took him on prior to you sacking him, if he was a failure but still won the league twice surely it goes against your argument you have to be half decent to do well. Just because no one in a competitive league took him on first doesn't mean he didn't have a reputation? It's just a lot easier for you fellas to take a risk on him in your flat track bully league. For what it's worth I'm a big fan of Scottish football outside of the big two.

1 minute ago, g67 said:

I'm fine mate.  Good luck to your team next season.   

I'd say same to you my brother but I hate the Old Firm and more so, Brendan Rodgers. Scottish football is brilliant though and I'm not one of those that thinks having success at Celtic / Rangers should be written off as easily as it is by most down here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah and no one took him on prior to you sacking him, if he was a failure but still won the league twice surely it goes against your argument you have to be half decent to do well. Just because no one in a competitive league took him on first doesn't mean he didn't have a reputation? It's just a lot easier for you fellas to take a risk on him in your flat track bully league. For what it's worth I'm a big fan of Scottish football outside of the big two.

Both Rodgers and Postecoglu were successes at Celtic.  Rodgers won seven out of seven.  Ange won 5 out of 6.  Deila won 3 out of 6 and had loses in semi finals to a lower division Rangers, Inverness and Ross County.  We also lost to Legia Warsaw, Maribor, Molde and Malmo in Europe.  Celtic fans think Deila to be a decent guy but you'll do well to find a Celtic fan outside of Norway who classes his tenure at Celtic to be good.  Hence that's why no clubs from bigger leagues came after him.  

@g67

Can I join the pile on? 😀

bit of re writing the history books regarding Ange,  isnt there? 

I make it 5 trophies out of 10.....only joking. 

Anyway, regarding Rodgers, from the outside looking in it's definitely a gamble from Celtic. 

If Beale gets off to a good start and opens up a gap we both know the fans will be quick to turn on Brendan and it doesn't take long for things to turn sour in Glasgow. 

I can't see Postecoglu taking any players with him, so Brendan is stuck with players who turned up at Parkhead due to Ange. 

In stunned the board didn't make a strong play for Potter.

Rodgers wont care, he will end up at a Wolves / West Ham / Fulham in due course and the perception will be  "his hands were tied at Leicester by the board" regarding the relegation season. 

14 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

@g67

Can I join the pile on? 😀

bit of re writing the history books regarding Ange,  isnt there? 

I make it 5 trophies out of 10.....only joking. 

Anyway, regarding Rodgers, from the outside looking in it's definitely a gamble from Celtic. 

If Beale gets off to a good start and opens up a gap we both know the fans will be quick to turn on Brendan and it doesn't take long for things to turn sour in Glasgow. 

I can't see Postecoglu taking any players with him, so Brendan is stuck with players who turned up at Parkhead due to Ange. 

In stunned the board didn't make a strong play for Potter.

Rodgers wont care, he will end up at a Wolves / West Ham / Fulham in due course and the perception will be  "his hands were tied at Leicester by the board" regarding the relegation season. 

Mate, its an internet message board and we're posting under assumed names.  Water off a duck's back.

Potter is still being paid by Chelsea just now and it would cost a huge amount for Potter to break off from that contract just now - and that's assuming Potter would even come to Celtic.  Not sure he would.

My worry about Rodgers is that it rarely works second time around.  He also doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.  After two years, poor recruitment and an over-sized sense of entitlement seem to kick in.  As you've had him the past few years, feel free to correct me on that one.

Yes, I agree that if he's off to a poor start then the fans will get on his back.  But Beale has yet to win a match when it matters.  So there's pressure on Beale too.  

Edited by g67
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not that arsed tbh mate, go and buy some Lynx and chill out

random fact - here in the U.S,  Lynx is called. Axe. Even our body spray has violent connotations.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, g67 said:

Mate, its an internet message board and we're posting under assumed names.  Water off a duck's back.

Potter is still being paid by Chelsea just now and it would cost a huge amount for Potter to break off from that contract just now - and that's assuming Potter would even come to Celtic.  Not sure he would.

My worry about Rodgers is that it rarely works second time around.  He also doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.  After two years, poor recruitment and an over-sized sense of entitlement seem to kick in.  As you've had him the past few years, feel free to correct me on that one.

Yes, I agree that if he's off to a poor start then the fans will get on his back.  But Beale has yet to win a match when it matters.  So there's pressure on Beale too.  

I'm Aberdeen, so with respect I'm hoping both Beale and Rodgers feel the pressure from the stands all season long. 

I think Ange will do a good job down here, and he sounds like a good bloke when Ive heard him interviewed on Sportsound pre and post match. 

All the best 👍 

• Like 1