Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

Just now, Collymore said:

Been told by those ITK at Celtic that this is happening.

Quite a few understandably not happy! 

Hahahaha off you toddle Brendan, I'm sure a few more tinpot trophies and you will be offered another chance to redeem yourself in the Premier league.

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Been told by those ITK at Celtic that this is happening.

Quite a few understandably not happy! 

He needs to run back to the same place to hide and rebuild his reputation like  last time no Premiership club in their right mind would touch him with a barge pole. 

Media pundits may still believe the myth but perhaps some chairman are a bit more savvy as it's their money that would be being blown. Do chairman talk to each other?

From a Celtic point of view, wasn't his tenure naturally coming to an end before he jumped ship to us? Yes, he would have won the accolades there that season but weren't things starting to unravel a bit behind the scenes, particularly as there was a viable opposition back on the horizon.

Wouldn't Celtic supporters not just be counting the days until the next monied opportunity popped up for him?

• Like 1

Celtic looks like his default setting whenever he needs to restore his reputation after a bruising in the PL. I thought he himself had done enough to maintain some sort of credibility (undeserved of course), but perhaps he’s getting the impression from the football world that the perception out there is that he’s damaged goods? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he'd get a gig somewhere like Nice. Going back there is pointless.

It's the perfect ego boost for Rodgers though. He'll have success because it's hard not to, so when he gets bored in another two years he can say how many trophies he's won.

He'll go there, win everything and then get a middle to top end Premier League job. Whoever is the most attractive outside the big 6.

I think it's quite obvious that our problems are a bit bigger than just Rodgers. His behaviour hasn't helped but he's clearly a top manager and the club is absolutely rotten right now.

22 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Happy to see him back at celtic, massive club.

It's a huge club but it simply isn't a big job anymore (and I say that as someone who loves Scottish football), especially in this context. It'll give Rodgers the chance to win some pots and pans but I don't think it'll particularly tell any potential PL suitors what they don't already know.