Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Rodgers back to Celtic

1 hour ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I see that Rodgers is scurrying back north of the border presumably, little scroat, one thing I never get my head around football managers is even if u fail in ur last job ( like he did this season with us 🦊) then there’s always another job waiting for u . 

Take comfort in the fact not even Spurs on their knees wanted him. Despite him using his pals in the media like Merson and Lennon to try and tout him for every job going. The boards of these clubs have taken note, unlike the extremely naive media in this country. 

39 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Wonder if the guy who burgled Rodgers house after he left Celtic for us, will break back in and put everything back?

When he realised the medals he stole were for the SPL and Scottish League Cup he probably already tried to

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Not sure if these are still at the club but apparently Rodgers taking Reeves and Lyons with him. Reeves was head of fitness and conditioning (probably our weakest point) and Lyons an analyst I think...

Reeves has been at the club since Pearson - I’d be surprised if he left because he’s a Leicester lad with a young family.

Lyons was Rodgers appointment. Glenn Driscoll was a fitness coach Rodgers brought in and he left upon his sacking.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Reeves has been at the club since Pearson - I’d be surprised if he left because he’s a Leicester lad with a young family.

Lyons was Rodgers appointment. Glenn Driscoll was a fitness coach Rodgers brought in and he left upon his sacking.

You might be right mate. Just passing on what I've heard from Celtic end. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not sure Reeves is a Leicester lad, because he used to play for the Fulham academy as a youngster.

There are a few belters on this thread.

The manager who has just left us (much to our chagrin) has joined Spurs.  So the idea that he cannot rehabilitate himself (provided he has success) at Celtic isn't borne out by the facts.  Financially, every EPL club is bigger than us.  But if you can handle the pressure of Glasgow and show you can develop talent then it is a launchpad.  

Given the way he left Celtic and the abuse he got (much of the verbal stuff deserved) I am pretty shocked that both him and the Celtic board have been able to settle their differences.   I tend to be in the camp that it rarely works out second time so I'm not convinced that it is the right move for Celtic under the circumstances when we can offer guaranteed CL football and a young squad with sell on value to potential managers.

He brought to success to Celtic and then left us in the lurch after kissing the badge.  Looking at Leicester from outside England, he appeared to have done well with over the first few years BUT his achiles heel of recruitment and moaning about it seems to have done him again.

And I hope to God that any deal to come back to Celtic involves the club telling him that Lee Congerton mustn't darken our door.   He also mustn't be allowed to let players run down their contracts and in keep in-house disagreemnts over budgets etc... exactly that - in-house and stop publicly moaning.  I also hope that Brendan may have learnt some humility but given the size of his ego, I suspect that isn't the case.

Good luck to you next season.  Still can't believe - given your squad - what happened to you this year.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

Not sure if these are still at the club but apparently Rodgers taking Reeves and Lyons with him. Reeves was head of fitness and conditioning (probably our weakest point) and Lyons an analyst I think...

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Dunno where he's from but he was at Loughborough Uni when he joined us. Followed Pearson to Hull but Pearson brought him back.

3 hours ago, g67 said:

There are a few belters on this thread.

The manager who has just left us (much to our chagrin) has joined Spurs.  So the idea that he cannot rehabilitate himself (provided he has success) at Celtic isn't borne out by the facts.  Financially, every EPL club is bigger than us.  But if you can handle the pressure of Glasgow and show you can develop talent then it is a launchpad.  

Given the way he left Celtic and the abuse he got (much of the verbal stuff deserved) I am pretty shocked that both him and the Celtic board have been able to settle their differences.   I tend to be in the camp that it rarely works out second time so I'm not convinced that it is the right move for Celtic under the circumstances when we can offer guaranteed CL football and a young squad with sell on value to potential managers.

He brought to success to Celtic and then left us in the lurch after kissing the badge.  Looking at Leicester from outside England, he appeared to have done well with over the first few years BUT his achiles heel of recruitment and moaning about it seems to have done him again.

And I hope to God that any deal to come back to Celtic involves the club telling him that Lee Congerton mustn't darken our door.   He also mustn't be allowed to let players run down their contracts and in keep in-house disagreemnts over budgets etc... exactly that - in-house and stop publicly moaning.  I also hope that Brendan may have learnt some humility but given the size of his ego, I suspect that isn't the case.

Good luck to you next season.  Still can't believe - given your squad - what happened to you this year.  

He'll do great at Celtic for a couple of seasons purely because Ange built a great squad. But, as you well know... the real trouble will start after 4/5 transfer windows when his duds start to out-number the players there now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Advanced talks

They better show him the money as in caliber of players if this is true. Which I don't. But like all things that happened here over the past 4 years no body really knows sxxt. I can't imagine why he'd go back. Dermot Desmond's money isn't enough to put up with Celtics sanctimonious fan base. Rodgers never seemed to me the kind of guy who just goes to work for a pay check. Contrary to most mind-readers on here.

I mean this with no offence to Celtic fans... this just my pure disdain and massive dislike for Rodgers speaking

I really hope he bombs and fails and completely destroys any remaining credibility that him and his PR machine has been able to save.

He's actually going to have competition this time. Last time he had a newly promoted Rangers and an Aberdeen team that had a budget roughly 10 times lower than their own. It's not an amazing feat, it's literally just something that anyone breathing could have achieved.. I'd even back someone in a coma to achieve "success" in the circumstances that he had. 

Come on Beale put the notebook scribbling egomaniac in his place.

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I mean this with no offence to Celtic fans... this just my pure disdain and massive dislike for Rodgers speaking

I really hope he bombs and fails and completely destroys any remaining credibility that him and his PR machine has been able to save.

He's actually going to have competition this time. Last time he had a newly promoted Rangers and an Aberdeen team that had a budget roughly 10 times lower than their own. It's not an amazing feat, it's literally just something that anyone breathing could have achieved.. I'd even back someone in a coma to achieve "success" in the circumstances that he had. 

Come on Beale put the notebook scribbling egomaniac in his place.

He left us to go to you when he was 9 points ahead of Gerrard and Beale.  Domestically in his first season we were undefeated and won everything.  Hardly the feat of just anybody.  But by all means trot out the lazy inacurrate stereotype of Scottish football.  

3 minutes ago, g67 said:

He left us to go to you when he was 9 points ahead of Gerrard and Beale.  Domestically in his first season we were undefeated and won everything.  Hardly the feat of just anybody.  But by all means trot out the lazy inacurrate stereotype of Scottish football.  

Alright guy. Honestly if you think beating off a Rangers on their knees and Aberdeen is incredible then fair play.

Im sure it'll he will manage it again if it was so hard last time.

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Alright guy. Honestly if you think beating off a Rangers on their knees and Aberdeen is incredible then fair play.

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Helps if you read what I write.  Where did I say it was incredible.  You're the one using exaggerations.