Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CPepFox

Just saying hello.

5 hours ago, CPepFox said:

Been a fan for over a decade, just found this site early November '22. Been perusing as guest for a while. Hopefully I'm posting in appropriate area. Yes, I'm a Yank, but love the game and am pretty knowledge of sport. Anyway, Go Foxes!

Which part of the states are you from? I know we have a couple of fan groups dotted around the country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CPepFox said:

Been a fan for over a decade, just found this site early November '22. Been perusing as guest for a while. Hopefully I'm posting in appropriate area. Yes, I'm a Yank, but love the game and am pretty knowledge of sport. Anyway, Go Foxes!

Welcome! Always good to meet LCFC fans from around the world. What's your local team in Virginia? 

Don't worry about the 'soccer' thing. It's a British-English word originally and was used a lot here until maybe the late 80s (?). I'd be more bothered about 'Foxes', which I've found Leicester fans never really use that much. 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Welcome! Always good to meet LCFC fans from around the world. What's your local team in Virginia? 

Don't worry about the 'soccer' thing. It's a British-English word originally and was used a lot here until maybe the late 80s (?). I'd be more bothered about 'Foxes', which I've found Leicester fans never really use that much. 

Don't follow MLS much anymore, DC United has always been my club. MLS soccer is vastly inferior, and IMO the pace of game doesn't move as quickly as I am accustomed. Though championship is noticeably less precise than the premier. But still not close to MLS level. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MPH said:

Hello from a fellow Fox in North Carolina. Moved here from Leicester about 12 years ago..  welcome to the forum!

Thanks... NC is nice... I've lived on the coast there about 25 years ago... still make trips down there to vacation when I have time and can afford it... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CPepFox said:

Out of interest, how come you became a City fan? You’ve had a hell of a time if you’ve been a fan since 2013-ish. Lucky bugger!

• Like 1

I was captivated a bit back when the premier league took off in states around 02 or 03? I have played the game since I was knee high, love the game, became a level 6 USSF official, coached competitive travel teams in Virginia and Oklahoma.  Watched the "Rooney" phase of American public awe and swoon in delight while I began to follow the smaller clubs... crystal palace, fulham, Coventry, Leicester, Newcastle... many of the teams that weren't heralded by American media... and in '13 something clicked... I have enjoyed following the rise and thought up until the final whistle last season Leicester would stay up. Several good friends are Reds fans and we get together several times a month to watch matches on Saturdays and Sundays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPepFox said:

I was captivated a bit back when the premier league took off in states around 02 or 03? I have played the game since I was knee high, love the game, became a level 6 USSF official, coached competitive travel teams in Virginia and Oklahoma.  Watched the "Rooney" phase of American public awe and swoon in delight while I began to follow the smaller clubs... crystal palace, fulham, Coventry, Leicester, Newcastle... many of the teams that weren't heralded by American media... and in '13 something clicked... I have enjoyed following the rise and thought up until the final whistle last season Leicester would stay up. Several good friends are Reds fans and we get together several times a month to watch matches on Saturdays and Sundays. 

Mods, first ban needed. Bloody southern neighbours it's like supporting the bills, jets, giants, patriots and cowboys lol

Jokes, welcome aboard eh.

• Haha 1