Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Elf on the Bloody Shelf

I wish we’d never started this……

I need some inspiration for the next 15 days.

The youngest was livid this morning, as they’d decided to clingfilm her iPad up. Obviously she can’t touch them due to the “magic”.

Please could you provide me (us) with ideas on what you’ve done? 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I wish we’d never started this……

I need some inspiration for the next 15 days.

The youngest was livid this morning, as they’d decided to clingfilm her iPad up. Obviously she can’t touch them due to the “magic”.

Please could you provide me (us) with ideas on what you’ve done? 

Thankfully this only came about when mine were a bit too old! I found this

https://www.countryliving.com/diy-crafts/g22690552/funny-elf-on-the-shelf-ideas/

10 hours ago, Scotch said:

My 9 Yr old has been on the fence with the whole Christmas thing. He half knows the truth but he still has doubts and wants to believe. 

I think the Elfs are a big part of why he still believes. I don't really have them do much in terms of elaborate things but I make it a challenge to move them around whilst he's awake and pottering about and he's been totally buying it. Stuff like sneaking upstairs and moving them whilst he's in the bathroom and sneaking back down so it looks like it couldn't possibly have been me. 

It helps that my 4 year old swears down she saw them run across the floor amd he believed her, no question. 

Does your four year old believe that, or is she just a very early-developing wind-up merchant?  (Or was it actually true that the elf ran across the floor?)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Does your four year old believe that, or is she just a very early-developing wind-up merchant?  (Or was it actually true that the elf ran across the floor?)

In my house, it was probably all of the above. 

My advice is keep it simple and tell a story, don’t go too elaborate early in the month or you have that to live up to. I do ours and my wife is petrified when I go away with work. So I have to leave here ideas for x number of days. 

we used the elves this year to take our youngest daughters dummy, and she has accepted it. They needed it to trade for more magic dust and brought her a present in return. 

mainly I have them messing with the Christmas decorations, their toys and with chocolate. 

some of the example ones I’ve seen are all poop and pee related and ridiculously elaborate. 

Yeah keep it as simple as possible or it just gets worse each year! 

Or do ones that take a few days. We put a plant pot with some soil out and some jelly beans saying that the kids needed to plant them. Next day, water them. Day three we had put some candy canes or lollipop in and pretended the magic beans had grown. Kids loved it. 

Another simple one was take a picture of the elf as a "selfie" and change the wallpaper on any device they use. 

Other than that ours is sometimes just a game of hide and seek for the kids in the morning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

Yeah keep it as simple as possible or it just gets worse each year! 

Or do ones that take a few days. We put a plant pot with some soil out and some jelly beans saying that the kids needed to plant them. Next day, water them. Day three we had put some candy canes or lollipop in and pretended the magic beans had grown. Kids loved it. 

Another simple one was take a picture of the elf as a "selfie" and change the wallpaper on any device they use. 

Other than that ours is sometimes just a game of hide and seek for the kids in the morning 

That’s a great one. I’m having that! Thanks.