Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

Possible new business

10 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Thanks Deb!  I'm so glad you took the time to post, as you are, sorr of my target audience.

I will see what I can do about indalo man.  I know some glass workers, so it may actually be quite easy to get hold of.

I like the heart shape of the one in your picture, I think Indalo man would be happy on the stone painted blue if that is possible, obviously I have no idea how you make it!

9 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Very interesting history behind this symbol, years ago I went to Mojácar and remember seeing it everywhere. Memory faded but seem to remember a cave/castle... You obviously know this already so sorry for off topic :D.

That's where I live :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I like the heart shape of the one in your picture, I think Indalo man would be happy on the stone painted blue if that is possible, obviously I have no idea how you make it!

I... didn't say that that necklace is already spoken for (wife's valentines present) 

25 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's where I live :wub:

Amazing! Lovely place in a beautiful area. I went and climbed Mulhacén, ended up with a Spanish girlfriend and lived in Calpe for about 9 month. Her family lived in/around Mojácar so visited a few times. 

• Like 1

I have decided that I am going to do this :).

Starting off with a blue and white gents overhead necklace with lapis lazuli and white howlite.

white howlite is effectively marble, so it will have some black veining that will make it interesting rather than a plain, solid colour like alabaster.

Selling for £35, and hopefully will be able to get it in a shop that will only charge a commission fee- still looking for one, but there are plenty down here in Weymouth.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Starting off with a blue and white gents overhead necklace with lapis lazuli and white howlite.

white howlite is effectively marble, so it will have some black veining that will make it interesting rather than a plain, solid colour like alabaster.

Selling for £35, and hopefully will be able to get it in a shop that will only charge a commission fee- still looking for one, but there are plenty down here in Weymouth.

Any pics? 

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

If you look at what gets into these shops there is usually a range of items from any one designer.  Perhaps get some stock together so they have a choice of items to display?

10 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Good luck to you on this.

Look very good so keep us updated on what you are selling.

Presume Season ticket holders will get a 10% discount!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

If you look at what gets into these shops there is usually a range of items from any one designer.  Perhaps get some stock together so they have a choice of items to display?

Indeed.  It will take a little bit of time, but ideas i have are necklaces, bracelets, his and hers, tasselled keyring.  And the best thing is, if I want to redesign something, I could unstring the product and start again.

On 05/01/2024 at 18:14, filthyfox said:

Hi,

I've been thinking for a while now that I want to start a very small scale business.

Below is a sample product.  A lapis lazuli and alabaster necklace with hand crafted glass pendant.

I wonder if you honest, hard working chaps and chaperones could tell me how much you would pay for something like this.

...forgot to say that I designed and made the stone pattern.

20240105_102518.jpg

Is the heart there to aid pulling them out? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 08/01/2024 at 08:22, Raj said:

Good luck to you on this.

Look very good so keep us updated on what you are selling.

Presume Season ticket holders will get a 10% discount!!!

As ever, twat 😂

• Haha 1