Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

35 minutes ago, Lionator said:

His 4 world titles will attest to that. He’s not even that boring, just because he isn’t a loose cannon like a lot of the historical greats. When you read where Selby has come from, his story is even more impressive than Ronnie. 

I can find it boring when a player gets in and wins frame after frame with one chance. The tactical side of the game with putting opponents under pressure with expert safety play can be engrossing. I would think having different types of players is good for the game. Bit like a boxer versus a puncher 

• Like 2

Agree with above, I find a one sided frame pretty damn boring unless the 147 is on tbh.

Once the player reaches 70 odd its frame over and becomes far more a boring watch than a proper tactical battle that has a bit of everything.

It doesn’t help when the likes of Hendry and co in the commentary box bleat on about how negative the snooker is when any player chooses not to go into the pack at any given point and dare go against what they would have done in that situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Bit late but have just come across this, rivalry intensified...

Iw ill hazard a guess and say they don't send each other Christmas cards!!

14 hours ago, isaidno said:

The draw if anyone else is going. 

Screenshot_20231223_132207_Drive.jpg

Would anyone know which possible matches will be played on the Friday evening session?

Tickets still available at £35 

Im not watching Selby v Carter though!!

Carter, 44, criticised "some morons" in the crowd at Alexandra Palace in London and also called out O'Sullivan's behaviour during the match.
"It's just disgusting, no one wants to say anything though do they?" said Carter.
"Snotting all over the floor and all that, it's outrageous behaviour from a top professional and if it gets swept under the carpet then it's not good."

It shouldn't have made me laugh.   But it did.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

To be fair gobbing on the floor indoors is disgusting

A few who were sat near him in the Final have said he was doing it most of the match down the side of his seat......grim!

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Wonder if any of the player(Apart from the Leicester lads) are staying in Leicester?

Imagine bumping into one in the Haymarket!!!lol

I once saw Michael Van Gerwen on Charles Street (smoking a ciggy outside) when a tournament was on in Leicester. They were all staying at the Ramada encore. 

10 hours ago, Raj said:

Would anyone know which possible matches will be played on the Friday evening session?

Tickets still available at £35 

Im not watching Selby v Carter though!!

If the format is the same as last year, then Friday night will be the Semi Final from the top half 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If the format is the same as last year, then Friday night will be the Semi Final from the top half 👍🏻

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I once saw Michael Van Gerwen on Charles Street (smoking a ciggy outside) when a tournament was on in Leicester. They were all staying at the Ramada encore. 

All the darts players stay at the Novotel, as do the away teams we play against. Wouldn't be surprised if the snooker players do too.

Edited by Rain King

19 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Ronnie to come out saying he loves playing in Leicester and the Highcross doesn't need a refurb. 

It was funny yesterday after MArk Williams won, Jill Douglas said "congratulations a few more days in Leicester for you"

Williams just smurked back!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Got a ticket for tonight, line up is pretty good tbf.

Trump Selby, Carter, Murphy Vafei and Williams all in action.

I’m guessing you’ll be firmly seated for Trump vs Haotian instead of Selby vs Carter 🤔😂

Hopefully Williams vs Vafaei lives up to the billing, that could be a cracker.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I’m guessing you’ll be firmly seated for Trump vs Haotian instead of Selby vs Carter 🤔😂

Hopefully Williams vs Vafaei lives up to the billing, that could be a cracker.

God imagine Selby V Carter!!!

We need a Carter V Sullivan  match!!! That would sell out the KP!!!