Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

12 hours ago, Hitesh said:

At least Judd would take it far better than Carter did

Carter was decent enough in defeat against Selby last week.

Its just O Sullivan he hates and vice versa.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Selby just been pummelled 5-1 by Marco Fu at the German Masters.

Another performance from Selby that was littered with uncharacteristic mistakes.

When does uncharacteristic become characteristic? 

Even when winning, I’ve never seen Selby not missing easy pots after going 50-0 up in a frame. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

When does uncharacteristic become characteristic? 

Even when winning, I’ve never seen Selby not missing easy pots after going 50-0 up in a frame. 

When his pot success is only 58%, surely you can class that as uncharacteristic? lol 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lionator said:

https://t.co/qjd1PvsM3Y

this makes sense. Poor Vicki, and Mark has had so much to deal with in his life for someone relatively young. 

Thanks for that. 

After the World Championship final you knew something wasn’t right.

As that article says, huge credit to him for making the World Championship final with so much going on off the table.

12 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Good god, is O’Donnell usually this negative?

Very methodical player, statistically one of the slowest on tour.

He actually played pretty attacking Snooker in his win against Brecel a few days ago. 

But the usual boring version of O’Donnell turned up in that final :yawn:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That’s the best Selby has looked since the British Open in Sep/Oct imo. 

So good to see him play like that again :appl:

For the first time in months it looked like he was enjoying playing rather than it being a chore.

He can be brilliant to watch when he just goes and plays without overthinking every single shot which is what seemingly drags him down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

For the first time in months it looked like he was enjoying playing rather than it being a chore.

He can be brilliant to watch when he just goes and plays without overthinking every single shot which is what seemingly drags him down.

Played with purpose tonight, scored well and played at around 23 seconds. 

You know Selby is at it when he flowed like he did tonight. 

Hopefully he can continue producing similar over the coming days...🏆

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Refused interview 

Really, is that all? I'm one of his biggest critics and think he's a total bellend but I thought in this era of enlightenment on mental health we were more understanding of sports stars who don't want a camera and microphone shoved in their face immediately after a match.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Really, is that all? I'm one of his biggest critics and think he's a total bellend but I thought in this era of enlightenment on mental health we were more understanding of sports stars who don't want a camera and microphone shoved in their face immediately after a match.

Unfortunately Ronnie preaches about his own mental health while being consistently rude and offensive to others. Just look at his comments towards John Astley the other week. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Unfortunately Ronnie preaches about his own mental health while being consistently rude and offensive to others. Just look at his comments towards John Astley the other week. 

Oh yeah I totally agree, as I said he's a bellend. Just don't think missing an interview isn't the biggest crime. He knows Selby is the one that has his number when he's on top of his game and he hates that. That's why he never mentions him amongst the dangerous players when talking about those that might challenge him. He know full well when all players are top of their game Selby is his biggest danger. Dodging an interview just shows he's rattled and possibly for once shows some self awareness as he didn't want to say anything he regretted.

Edited by Facecloth