Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Would love Selby to win this again just to rattle all the Ronnie fan boys that will no doubt be their usual selves in the auditorium.

Imo, the commentators should stop giving their predictions of what the next shot will be, before virtually every one that's played. Have Hendry and co. never heard of the phrase 'spoiler alert'? 

On 07/01/2024 at 13:00, String fellow said:

Imo, the commentators should stop giving their predictions of what the next shot will be, before virtually every one that's played. Have Hendry and co. never heard of the phrase 'spoiler alert'? 

That’s part of their job? 

14 hours ago, Lionator said:

Is there a more pompous, self-loving person on earth than Shaun Murphy, somebody give me his confidence?

Ronnie can be pretty annoying. When he's not threatening to retire, he's sympathising with players he's just beaten, or moaning about playing too many UK tournaments, or moaning about playing at Alexandra Palace. If he finds the venue 'disgusting' and can't wait to get out of the place, why is he still in the Masters?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Ronnie can be pretty annoying. When he's not threatening to retire, he's sympathising with players he's just beaten, or moaning about playing too many UK tournaments, or moaning about playing at Alexandra Palace. If he finds the venue 'disgusting' and can't wait to get out of the place, why is he still in the Masters?  

Money and ranking points.  He doesnt seem to like any venue in England.  And I have to say most are pretty grim.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

22 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Money and ranking points.  He doesnt seem to like and venue in England.  And I have to say most are pretty grim.

Ronnie pretty clearly has issues with his mental health. Add to that the propensity for a sporting character to gain a rather fanatical fanbase, and we have what's going on here.

I wonder what it is that makes those at the very top of their skill be subject to so many personal demons? Bobby Fischer was the same.

Edited by leicsmac

It’s been clear as day what Ronnie is prioritising this season, the Triple Crown events and the China events seem to be his go to this season, regardless if Ally Pally is a shithole(I know many Snooker fans that don’t rate Ally Pally either) something clearly fuels him to play The Masters, even though he may not admit it.

:yawn:

Seven-time Masters champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has criticised tournament venue Alexandra Palace, saying it is "disgusting" and makes him "feel ill".

O'Sullivan, 48, added that the iconic north London venue is "dirty" and that he "can't wait to get out of here".

The world number one made the comments after beating Barry Hawkins 6-3 on Thursday to reach the semi-finals.

The World Snooker Tour (WST) said "other players have spoken with unanimous positivity" about the venue.

O'Sullivan, who has also finished Masters runner-up six times, said: "I just don't like this place. I find it disgusting.

"Everywhere is dirty. It's cold. It's freezing, I have to wear my coat everywhere. You go through car parks. There are bins. Honestly, it just makes me feel ill.

"I'm a bit of a clean freak and when I come in here it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I just can't wait to get out of here."

Alexandra Palace, which was built in 1865, has hosted the Masters since 2012.

It has also hosted the PDC World Darts Championship since 2008 and was the scene of 16-year-old Luke Littler's sensational run to the final earlier this month.

Responding to O'Sullivan's comments, the WST said: "We work alongside Alexandra Palace to provide the best possible conditions for players on and off the table.

"All other players have spoken with unanimous positivity about the venue. Fans love coming here. This is underlined by record ticket sales and the fact that all standard admission seats sold out ahead of this year's tournament."

An Alexandra Palace spokesperson added: "We love hosting the Masters and welcoming all the players and fans to the Palace. We work tirelessly to provide an arena and atmosphere that this great event deserves.

"We've been proud of the overwhelming positive feedback the venue has received in recent years, and it's obviously disappointing that Ronnie feels differently. We hope we can change his mind and that he enjoys the rest of his tournament here."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Money and ranking points.  He doesnt seem to like any venue in England.  And I have to say most are pretty grim.

Don’t get any ranking points for the masters 

• Thanks 1