Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Snooker 2024

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Am I right in thinking that Ronnie has basically no relationship with any of his fellow pro’s? 

I think there is probably a lot of respect there and there will be some that get along ok with him I'm sure but I imagine he's hard to like when he's continuously slagging the sport off but then hard to argue with him when he's still winning major trophies without trying anywhere near as hard as others lol 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Am I right in thinking that Ronnie has basically no relationship with any of his fellow pro’s? 

seems to love Ding but he does batter him most games and had that weird moment with Judd Trump when he basically snuggled up to him like besties.

Hates Selby doesn't he?

1 hour ago, Raj said:

seems to love Ding but he does batter him most games and had that weird moment with Judd Trump when he basically snuggled up to him like besties.

Hates Selby doesn't he?

As a snooker player yes, which I understand because their strengths are polar opposites. But Selby is a great bloke so I’d like to think it isn’t personal and this is why I find it a bit odd that he doesn’t have many friends amongst the players. 

Just now, Lionator said:

As a snooker player yes, which I understand because their strengths are polar opposites. But Selby is a great bloke so I’d like to think it isn’t personal and this is why I find it a bit odd that he doesn’t have many friends amongst the players. 

I understand Selby is mates with Barry Hawkins?. I would think Selby in top form safety wise particularly makes it far more difficult for O'sullivan to dominate matches 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

When you see O'Sullivan  in post match interviews with fellow players they always seems abit of tension and frostyness.

Maybe the GOAT but defo abit of a kn0b Essex wideboy!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raj said:

When you see O'Sullivan  in post match interviews with fellow players they always seems abit of tension and frostyness.

Maybe the GOAT but defo abit of a kn0b Essex wideboy!

He seems to respect players like Higgins and Robertson but has distain for players that don't achieve anything or play boring snooker.  I think it would be hard for O'Sullivan to relate to most of the players.

Hopefully I get to see O'Sullivan play on Saturday.  Got tickets for the second semi final of the Grand Prix. Hoping for Allen vs O'Sullivan. Knowing my luck I'll get Dominic Dale vs Jordan Brown. 

• Haha 1

Ronnie is just different though isn’t he love him or hate him (and not many seem to be on the fence with him) can’t argue with his record, especially considering how he squandered a lot of his 20s with massive self destruction issues. IF he’d got himself together even half a decade earlier than he did he’d probs have another 8 or so majors to his name if not more, but then if he wasn’t the person he was he might never have won any majors who knows. Just a great player to watch round the table and all the noise outside from both him and others is a bit moot to me, who cares, he plays the game

the way it’s meant to be played and his all round game is just better than everyone else’s so.

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Not sure how much it was tonight but the crowd looks pathetic. 

£25.

Was thinking of getting a session in this week as I've never seen any top snooker  live but this looks shite.

Plus I've had a bloody cough for about 3 months and no way I'd cope keeping quiet for so long...mind you I goto city every week🤣🤣

Edited by Raj

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

£25.

Was thinking of getting a session in this week as I've never seen any top snooker  live but this looks shite.

Plus I've had a bloody cough for about 3 months and no way I'd cope keeping quiet for so long...mind you I goto city every week🤣🤣

That's a decent price really,  up to 14 frames of snooker.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Raj said:

Hates Selby doesn't he?

He only behaved like that with Judd and said the words he did was because he was mic’d up for his documentary that came out the next year.

I don’t think he hates Selby at all he just struggles with players that are able to get into his head as much as he gets into theirs.

That was the Selby of old though not sure he’s that tough nowadays 

8 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He only behaved like that with Judd and said the words he did was because he was mic’d up for his documentary that came out the next year.

I don’t think he hates Selby at all he just struggles with players that are able to get into his head as much as he gets into theirs.

That was the Selby of old though not sure he’s that tough nowadays 

Really hope Selby gets back to winning top tournaments. I actually like the gritty safety play in frames

• Like 1

Can't stand watching Selby. Also didn't like seeing him crying about Ronnie's 'Sportsmanship' when he started smashing balls about and beat him because he was getting bored of 2minute shot-times. Also has the personality of a brick. I know he's Leicester, but to me that doesn't automatically mean I should like you. 

Always struggled to understand how a world Pool champion (a game about speed and smashing balls) turns to snooker and manages to play it in the most drawn out way possible. 

Edited by SecretPro

12 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Can't stand watching Selby. Also didn't like seeing him crying about Ronnie's 'Sportsmanship' when he started smashing balls about and beat him because he was getting bored of 2minute shot-times. Also has the personality of a brick. I know he's Leicester, but to me that doesn't automatically mean I should like you. 

Always struggled to understand how a world Pool champion (a game about speed and smashing balls) turns to snooker and manages to play it in the most drawn out way possible. 

His 4 world titles will attest to that. He’s not even that boring, just because he isn’t a loose cannon like a lot of the historical greats. When you read where Selby has come from, his story is even more impressive than Ronnie. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

His 4 world titles will attest to that. He’s not even that boring, just because he isn’t a loose cannon like a lot of the historical greats. When you read where Selby has come from, his story is even more impressive than Ronnie. 

Not denying his impressive story, but again, doesn't mean I should enjoy him and his snooker. You might not find it boring but I'd call it attrition. I can appreciate the skill in the technical and safety side of the game but christ, the slowness is ridiculous at times. Other players comment on it often and clearly its his tactic to basically wear down opponent moral, it works, but if Ronnie gets half way through the match, decided nah, I'm not having these two minute shots, decides to start hitting balls around and comes out victorious that is in no way poor Sportsmanship, no more than Selbys attrition snooker in any event, its just combating what's put in front of you. 

Selby doesn't like to let players pick up any rhythm or pace, Ronnie doesn't like to dilly about, two opposing tactics. The genuine anger shakes Selby got at the end of that match was embarrassing.

Edited by SecretPro

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's a shy introvert. Him and Vikki have lived down the road from my parents for years and they know each other quite well.

Mum says that whenever they meet, Mark is always head down on his phone while Vikki chat's away and he struggles to engage and get into the conversation. 

Nice enough bloke by all accounts but not exactly the life and soul of the party and his game probably reflects that.

• Like 2

Just now, Izzy said:

He's a shy introvert. Him and Vikki have lived down the road from my parents for years and they know each other quite well.

Mum says that whenever they meet, Mark is always head down on his phone while Vikki chat's away and he struggles to engage and get into the conversation. 

Nice enough bloke by all accounts but not exactly the life and soul of the party and his game probably reflects that.

Jester from Leicester is quite ironic then lol

• Haha 1

I should add that I've met Selby a few times (he went through a period of drinking in the Horse and Trumpet in Wigston for some reason, first time I met him was in there a week after his first World win, shithole of a pub by the way) and he was fine, just can't really get anything towards passion for him and his snooker and feel like Leicester folk are expected too, just because he's from Leicester.