Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
funkyrobot

What Happens if we don’t get promoted

Looking at the points deduction thread we'd need to quickly raise money and keep those on contracts, like VK, Souttar, Daka and Soumare whether they like it or not. 

And wave bye bye to all the out of contract players

Saleable assets: 

KDH 25m

Faes 17m and break even on PSR rules

Ricardo 15m 

Mads 15m 

Would be ironic if we then went up!

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maybe we'd start to really rediscover what actually made us tick as a club. We've become delusional and idealistic. Probably not likely under this ownership though.

You mean we’d know our place. I suppose you think we’ve been too ‘up ourselves’ in recent years and it’s time we accepted we’re not as good as we think we are.

The period between 2004 and 2008 was utterly depressing.

Hope we don’t go back to days like that. I think I would really struggle to get up for any game if we were bottom half of the championship playing in front of 23k after our recent success. Can’t help it but it’s true. 

Edited by Stevosevic

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

You mean we’d know our place. I suppose you think we’ve been too ‘up ourselves’ in recent years and it’s time we accepted we’re not as good as we think we are.

Quite the opposite. I think we can get back to Europe and competing for trophies.

The club itself however live in a fantasy world on how they can get there. Plain to see.

WE ARE THAT GOOD!

it’s not a fluke that we were cruising at the top this long. We are suffering a perfect storm of tiredness, key players out/injuries, lack of focus, lack of leadership. Poor substitutions, not taking our chances on goals, defensive lapses, mental pressure, not motivated/poor preparation for big games. That’s a pretty big list of stuff all starting to hit at the same time.

The team have to dig themselves out of this and they will but it will be tense now until the final game. COYF!

On 04/03/2024 at 15:38, James_lcfc said:

Well those of us sad enough to post on an LCFC forum will still be here regardless of what happens this year, won't we!

...but as we saw in that early 00's period - It could get miserable    lol

What changed?