Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
funkyrobot

What Happens if we don’t get promoted

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been negative, but that’s born out of my irrational passion for this club. 

But seriously threads like this aren’t helpful.

We’re fuelling pessimism and this will only carry over to games and end up becoming part of our culture.

We need to knock this on the head, and try and find that atmosphere we had that pushed us to win the premier league.  

Let’s drop being a bunch of fúckwits, and I include myself in that….

We need to push the lads over the line, starting on Tuesday…….

I don't see how what is being discussed on a forum impacts what happens on the pitch in any way

• Like 2

Whatever happens …. The last 49 years have been one hell of a rollercoaster ride that no other supporters will experience … roll on the next …. Err however many years 

• Like 1

Right now with this squad, and parachute payments an average manager gets us automatic promotion.

This is not to say that Enzo is less than average.

As a team such as City languishes in the championship, each year the quality of the manager has to increase, he needs to be able to recruit unrecognised talent (ie not big money), build a team, play to their strengths and win.

At present the manager "only" has to play to their strengths and win.

Even with a virtual genius in charge it would still be difficult and after 3 or 4 seasons next to miraculous.

And its getting harder.

If the talented manager was perceived as doing well, he would be poached as would any promising young players and its back to square one.

Next season, if we fail to get promoted, we will be in the position of Norwich, WBA and Watford, relegated teams that failed to win promotion at the first attempt and are now looking like outsiders in the promotion chase at best.

We would without a shadow of doubt lose the cream, and even if we do get promoted i think the legend that is Vards will go to the USA to end his wonderful career, massively more likely if we're still in the second tier.

The old saying is that anyone is two bad decisions away from living on the streets.

For a football club the streets equate to bankruptcy.

Our club made one catastrophically bad decision in allowing the fraudulent opinionated fool to ruin us and we simply must get up this year even if we are odds on to go down again.

All in all for Semper Eadum it must be Carpe diem.

• Like 3

If the worst did happen. and without knowing the true financial position of the club the only glimmer of hope would be the 3 teams who will probably be relegated from the premier league (current bottom 3 i’d imagine) are not likely to be red hot favourites to fill the top 3 positions in next years championship. Could be completely wide open in all honesty 

Edited by whetstonefox

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been negative, but that’s born out of my irrational passion for this club. 

But seriously threads like this aren’t helpful.

We’re fuelling pessimism and this will only carry over to games and end up becoming part of our culture.

We need to knock this on the head, and try and find that atmosphere we had that pushed us to win the premier league.  

Let’s drop being a bunch of fúckwits, and I include myself in that….

We need to push the lads over the line, starting on Tuesday…….

Season after season of bottling it after the FA Cup have taken their toll for sure but It’s not being negative to consider not getting promoted, it’s being realistic.

There’s no point burying our heads in the sand or thinking we’ll be ok as the club seemed to do in January. Yes let’s create the best atmosphere we can but it’s the players and the manager that need to do the push, we can offer support but it’s down to them.

We’ve lost 3 league matches on the trot. We’ve lost our main inverted fullback. We’re on our 4th choice right sided number 8 in Akgun who Enzo doesnt trust. Mavididi has lost his spark, Daka is being Daka again. I support the lads, I chant, I stay to the end and clap them off but the reality is we’ve pretty much blown a 12 point lead and pretty much blown a massive goal difference and so we need to at least consider and make sense of a potential failure if nothing else for our own sanity! 

8 minutes ago, Langston said:

Not sure if it's unfortunate or not but I really reckon we should be making the most of the Man City connection. A few loans would definitely help next season.

We won't have a Man City connection if we don't get promoted. Not a chance Enzo is here next season if we don't go up, be it his decision or the clubs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Enzo would be on borrowed time and if we didn't start off great he'd be gone by October.

He won't be here next season if we don't go up 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

At the start of the season, didn't Maresca say that there was no expectation to achieve promotion this season?

Obviously, if we did miss out, it would be a catastrophic failure considering the lead we had over the rest of the division.

But if it wasn't mandated at the start of the season, you would hope that the club would have contingency plans in place to adapt and not have the club implode.

One thing I will say is that, yes, we're in a slump right now. But Southampton, Leeds and Ipswich have all had them this season. It's currently our turn, but we know this team can perform. I'm still optimistic that we can not only achieve promotion but also win this league.

LCFC Dont do contingency planning, the review at the end of last season, when we were relegated suggested, "everything will be fine" regardless.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We won't have a Man City connection if we don't get promoted. Not a chance Enzo is here next season if we don't go up, be it his decision or the clubs 

I know he would perhaps feel humiliated throwing a top spot lead, despite topping the table since late September. 

Dewsbury-Hall goes I think, likely the premier league.

Edited by Leicesterpool

The only thing certain is Top, Whelan and Rudkin will all stay in their positions and we will take on more 3rd party debt.

Speculation hat on, squad will be much weaker, Enzo I think would quit, and there would be cut backs in the training ground and scouting setup.