Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
funkyrobot

What Happens if we don’t get promoted

I wouldn’t be surprised if the senior management team have even considered what will happen if we don’t achieve promotion this season so I thought maybe we should in do so in their absence.  

As it stands and unbelievable as it is to write this, our momentum and the momentum of our 3 rivals would suggest we could still be in The Championship next year. I’m not really sure of the financial status but I know our parachute payment will reduce by a further 10% and we’d be faced with another year of significantly reduced revenue and tighter FFP targets.

From a squad perspective I wouldn’t expect us to be able to resign any of the players out of contract at the end of the season that we might want too. Out of the 9 players out of contract at the end of the season, the only realistic one we might be able to retain is Vardy.

Players like Vestergaard, Ndidi, Fatawu, Doyle, Iheanacho and Akgun who would’ve potentially be offered terms will go to other top tier clubs or return from their loans. On top of that I would see us losing contracted players like KDH, Ricardo, Daka and Faes to adhere to FFP. There’s also players like Souttar, Soumare, Kristiansen and Thomas who don’t appear to have a future at the club that Enzo will need to ship out. A massive squad reengineering will need to be done on a limited budget and within a weaker pool of players. 

The inevitable reduction in squad quality with bring us closer to the rest of The Championship pack and make promotion more of a challenge than it is now. Really we need the lads to halt the momentum and start a winning run again now - and we need the teams around us to do the exact opposite, but with injuries and form this seems increasingly like wishful thinking.😬

• Like 1

Let’s hope we don’t have to find out, because, if we do it isn’t going to be at all good. Imagine trying to get promoted with a team half the strength of this one. Then it will get worse. Not at all pleasant. 

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

It doesn't bear thinking about

Well, I hope the club can bear to think about it, you know for the sake of good stewardship lol

Do we not still owe Macquarie 100 million that we borrowed in Jan 2023 against this seasons prem income?

Okay the figure is unknown, the £100 million was a figure i remembered was what has been spent on the training ground and new development plans haha.

Edited by filbertway

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Being naive is wonderful. 

Is it not better to live in hope than despair?

Reality is, we’re screwed.

No need to build the stadium expansion, as crowds will drop.

Enzo Maresca likely leaves. 

We see a major cull on other areas of the club like back room staff etc

We sell Seagrave to Forest. 

We languishes between bottom end Premier League to flirting with relegation from the Championship for 20 years. 

We sell more players and the likes of Ndidi walk away for free. 

• Like 1

Given we gave up on sensi as we can't afford him, and could end up losing Ndidi, Praet, Yunus, fatawu, Nacho, Vestergaard, Vardy, it doesn't bode well at all. We would be well down on midfielders, and back to square one again on wingers, with naff all money to spend. Terrifying.