Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Why is this all going t### up ?

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Haven’t read all this but I honestly think his philosophy has taken the ability to step up a gear out of the players. They are so drilled to play slow controlled

football they can’t do anything quickly now 

This does seem to be the case 

the argument will be that the positives outweigh the negatives 

in this league those players should be good enough to work it out for themselves 

Still think we win 3 of our last 5, Leeds need to win all four to beat that, we will limp over the finish line in the end despite Millwall, but we have to beat Plymouth anything other than a win is inexcusable

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Still think we win 3 of our last 5, Leeds need to win all four to beat that, we will limp over the finish line in the end.

Yeah I just had another look after calming down. If we can navigate Friday we’ve pretty much done it. Everyone else on the beach and much more expansive in style. Can see us turning out on Friday the exact same as today though. Relegation fighting team at home. Get ready for another Leicester special.

We play crap football.. we were doing that long before the financial issues became public.

We are easy, have only one game and if the opposition is good enough to counter that.. we're stuffed.

Poor leadership at every level.

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Still think we win 3 of our last 5, Leeds need to win all four to beat that, we will limp over the finish line in the end despite Millwall, but we have to beat Plymouth anything other than a win is inexcusable

I feel sure I’ve read that same sentiment elsewhere 

On 29/03/2024 at 23:00, henry56 said:

We only have one way of playing and it’s clear the players no longer have faith in it .

Slow build up and predictable. Bang  average sides are beating us . 

We will finish 4th and lose out in the play offs 

With the EFL waiting to dock points and the few quality players on the way out, prepare for another relegation next year . 
Its criminal what has happened to our club in last 3 years 

If Enzo stuffs this one up, he won’t be employable as a manager forever.

On 29/03/2024 at 22:50, marcymarc666 said:

From a comfortable 17 point lead only a matter of months ago, we're now clearly going to be in a 3 team slugfest for the final two positions.

What's happened ? Is it :

Tactics

Lack of confidence

Bad luck 

Too much chopping and changing

Too much fortune in early games

Bad management 

Something else 

or a combination of all of those things ?

Your thoughts....

I think it is down to two:

- Tactics

- Bad management

I don’t think the players lack confidence, but they look hesitant. How could you not when Enzo over trains them to care more about “control”. In the game against Birmingham when we were 2-1 up, Mavididi had the ball on the left and he ran towards the corner flag. In the past, he would have tried to run towards goal and have a shot. I am sure Mavididi felt that if he didn’t run to the corner flag he would have been accused by the manager (and to be honest many fans) as being selfish and not know how to “game manage”. Ironically, we lost the ball anyway. If he ran towards goal, at least we had a chance to score but more importantly it sends a message to Birmingham that they still need to defend and not just try to attack and put us under pressure! I really don’t know why we do that all the time and take our foot off the pedal when we are in the lead!! I have said it so many times it is so damaging to mentality long term. And so here we are we cannot even beat Millwall because we are so nervous going forward.  I absolutely blame Enzo for this - btw Rodgers was the same.

Edited by Tom12345

The two wins have kept us in not just in contention but still the driving seat. So we haven’t f***ed it yet but we are sure trying our best (the same could be said for Leeds currently).

If we fail from here, it is because we have simply lost too many games and are too easily beaten. 9 games (and counting) is far too much for a side with our targets. We only lost 6 all season last time we came up and Burnley only lost 3 last season (Luton only lost 8 themselves).

When a team falls short, you can look and see that it is down to too many defeats or too many draws that weren’t turned into wins.

We have definitely won enough games. You can’t win every game but what Enzo and this squad seem incapable of doing is when having a bad day, if you can’t win, at least don’t lose mentality. Even if we turned 3/4 of those 9 defeats into draws, we’d be looking excellent right now.

You look at the other end of the table and Huddersfield have won a lot less than those around them but lost a lot less but loads of draws so if they go down, they’ll be bemoaning not turning draws into wins.

Ironically the games we have thrown away late points have been the draws (Ipswich x2 and Wednesday away). This also shows we have been quite easily beaten in our defeats (by which I mean not having lost late on).

Mentality should also be mentioned.

Seeing Enzo celebrate the Leeds result on the pitch on Saturday said to me he'd lost it (in hindsight). The celebrations were also well ott given we'd just beaten a poor Birmingham side.

Then not helped by the club doing ott social media stuff.

• Like 1