Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Why is this all going t### up ?

12 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Maybe. But those inadequacies were there at the start of the season as well so I don't think that's why it's changed 

A good Manager changes things when needed, when the opposition obviously start sussing the predictable style of play. Ranieri was the master of this!  Maresca is either just plain stubborn or a crap Manager/tactician....or maybe both in his case.

• Like 3

Manager to blame completely. He's turned into a Southgate type who has his favourites only. Mavidi, Vestergaard and Faes being the main ones. Give others in that position a go.

When we last went up I remember NP changing formation to get a different effect, same in the great escape season. This guy has zero intention to ever do that. What's wrong with sticking two up front for example or binning off the inverted role? 

We've been found out by oppositions now, Boro and QPR especially set the example and we've not changed one bit about ourselves. 

Do something different and let the opposition deal with that.

As for the subs bench... absolute joke how he uses subs or should I say doesn't 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

A good Manager changes things when needed, when the opposition obviously start sussing the predictable style of play. Ranieri was the master of this!  Maresca is either just plain stubborn or a crap Manager/tactician....or maybe both in his case.

Not digging out your points on Enzo but you always resort to comparing to Ranieri, like you just missed his second year in charge

• Like 1

The off field troubles can't be used as an excuse for these gutless ,mentally  weak players and coaching staff we have at our club..In all probability  we're  not going to get promoted and the only plus is that most of these will hopefully  be gone and we can start afresh ..At least the young players coming in  will show some effort and determination under the right manager,and I'm afraid  that isn't  Enzo .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not digging out your points on Enzo but you always resort to comparing to Ranieri, like you just missed his second year in charge

After what Ranieri achieved in 15/16 I don't care a toss about what happened the following season!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Unlike Enzo he won the league he was competing in, even more so very much against the odds.  Enzo is he even fit to clean his boots?

• Like 1

It is a bit like a slow motion car crash. You can see it all happening but there's very little I think the club can do about it.

We can't limit middling teams chances  they are getting plenty.

We dont create as much as we should and we dont finish when we do.

its a recipe for mixed results and thats what we are getting. Teams have sussed us more and more unfortunately as the season has gone on. How to get at vesty how to nullify our front three and how to target our channels. All have been evident this season but now being routinely exploited.

With current momentum we will be pitted against form teams like Hull, Coventry or Sunderland who we have struggled against in the playoffs.

If we don't come through that then the EFL has a massive shit sandwich of penalties and fines waiting for us next season. 

A real sliding doors moment for the future of the club and hard to see where the warriors and personalities are who are going to drag us through. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Unlike Enzo he won the league he was competing in, even more so very much against the odds.  Enzo is he even fit to clean his boots?

Not once said Enzo is a superior manager or even close, just seems odd using Ranieri as an example of a master tactician when that second season was awful.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

After what Ranieri achieved in 15/16 I don't care a toss about what happened the following season!!

Didn't ask if you cared what he did the following season, you said he was a master tactician, but based on the second season he quite clearly wasn't.

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

We weren’t playing particularly well even when we were winning let’s be honest. Early in the season we were all talking about how we’d been grinding out results and getting lucky while not playing well. We had a good purple patch before Xmas but our luck ran out now I think, but it’s really just a reversion to the mean of the luck we used up early in the season.

This may be more of a me problem but I’ve rarely enjoyed games this season even when winning 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I think it's the players more than Enzo. They're not doing their jobs.

This.

Leeds away, Daka and Mavididi miss sitters.

Bristol away, Vardy misses chances he'd normally score in his sleep.

KDH, Fatawu, Faes have been pretty poor over several games.

I'd question not playing Coady over Faes and Hamza shouldn't be part of any defence ever but the XI he selected today should be dominating that Bristol City team.

He isn't going to be fired mid-season no matter how much anyone on here calls for it, it's not even worth the debate but someone in that dressing room needs to wake these players up because this could become worse than Newcastle 96 and far worse than our top 4 bottlings when we can at least say we lost out to bigger clubs.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, john ridley said:

The off field troubles can't be used as an excuse for these gutless ,mentally  weak players and coaching staff we have at our club..In all probability  we're  not going to get promoted and the only plus is that most of these will hopefully  be gone and we can start afresh ..At least the young players coming in  will show some effort and determination under the right manager,and I'm afraid  that isn't  Enzo .

If the rumoured losses we are about to post are true the players agents will be telling them they haven’t got a prayer of being here next season if we don’t go up. That additional pressure will be too much for most of these players and to be fair some of them probably won’t care and already planning for the future. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't ask if you cared what he did the following season, you said he was a master tactician, but based on the second season he quite clearly wasn't.

😂 FFS, you're like my missus, she'd also argue black is white and white is black!

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s probably in his office asking Willy why it isn’t working anymore. 

They have pills for that

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Like with last season, a bunch of players who think they're better than they are and don't need to put in the hard graft 

But as I keep saying (And I openly admit it's based on agenda) this style in mind isn't conducive with rolling your sleeves up, putting in the hard graft and doing the dirty work

It's all about "pretty" football, the "perfect" goal, walking it in the net, admiring 5 yard tippy tappy passes.

Now I appreciate that will come across as a "Gerrit Forward", "Smash em", "Hussle and bussle" type attitude and mentality, that's not right either, there is no right or wrong, but you need a mix.

Passing with some conviction instead of pathetic 5 yard tippy tappy passes would be a start.

Besides there is nothing "pretty" about possession football and how we're currently playing. It stinks.