Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Why is this all going t### up ?

Not sure if mentioned already?  Any chance the financial issues are hitting players already and they’ve been told bonuses won’t be paid or they’ve had to defer wages now?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Not sure if mentioned already?  Any chance the financial issues are hitting players already and they’ve been told bonuses won’t be paid or they’ve had to defer wages now?  

No. The club isn’t broke, just above the financial rules. It is the wages they are committed to that is the problem not money available to pay them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

I’d say there’s a very good chance that the off-field financial issues have been filtering down to the players for the past few months and seriously damaged morale. The spirit they had in the first half of the season seems to have completely disintegrated. It’s very sad to see. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

We weren’t playing particularly well even when we were winning let’s be honest. Early in the season we were all talking about how we’d been grinding out results and getting lucky while not playing well. We had a good purple patch before Xmas but our luck ran out now I think, but it’s really just a reversion to the mean of the luck we used up early in the season.

Granted, but still the usual tendency is for teams (particularly under a new manager) to PROGRESS and not regress…:ill:

While ‘luck’ is always a (relative) factor in football, I think our woes has less to do with luck than with the reality that other contenders STRENGTHENED in the Winter Window, thereby sustaining or even gaining momentum, while we gradually morphed into the flaccidity of a post-coital richard!

Edited by NaijaFox

On 29/03/2024 at 14:56, moore_94 said:

Our players are pissing away easy chances and Enzo's tactical flexibility and in game management is horrendous

Regarding the pissing away easy chances...

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

8 defeats already with 8 to play is absolutely shocking. Can’t believe that there were people saying this team was better than the one 10 years ago! 

8 losses bloody hell. With a squad like this is revolting. Other managers in this league must find Maresca hilarious. 

Same tactics and formation every week. Same team most weeks with better players on the bench. Very easy to play against our wingers are poor, very rarely get the ball in the box they’d rather try and take on 2/3 players an lose the ball. No plan B or C. The list goes on 

Edited by dannythefox

20 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’d say there’s a very good chance that the off-field financial issues have been filtering down to the players for the past few months and seriously damaged morale. The spirit they had in the first half of the season seems to have completely disintegrated. It’s very sad to see. 

We don’t have financial issues. For heaven’s sake read the articles.

15 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

8 losses bloody hell. With a squad like this is revolting. Other managers in this league must find Maresca hilarious. 

God help all the teams that have lost more than 8 games then. They must be a relentless source of humour.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

God help all the teams that have lost more than 8 games then. They must be a relentless source of humour.

They don’t have a squad worth 250m in the 2nd division full of internationals and players with years of Prem experience. Trust me, Maresca is a laughing stock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

They don’t have a squad worth 250m in the 2nd division full of internationals and players with years of Prem experience. Trust me, Maresca is a laughing stock. 

Do you just make these numbers up?  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Presumably all the managers of teams below us have also been found out. That’s a lot of found out managers.

No, they just don't have the quality to compete.

Pretty simple really, but why let that get in the way of some toxic sarcasm.

Edited by adejo92

2 hours ago, lcfcell said:

It is terrible for a side that’s supporters were awarding us the title by October and claiming we are the best side the league has seen. Clearly not. And as I said, with 8 to go. We will easily be in the double digits for defeats when the season is done which is what you’d expect for a team well off the automatic’s conversation. Very poor for where we were at the turn of the year.

But yes, other managers must find Maresca quite hilarious as it is easy for them to set their side up against us now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

For a supposed 'best ever Championship squad ever', Enzo clearly only trusts a dozen or so of them. 

Exactly. And then it makes me think concerns about fitness ring true because everyone looks leggy. This is such a gruelling league in terms of games and He doesn't rotate enough - so perhaps unsurprising people look knackered. Let’s bring players in with something to prove who have that little bit more hunger to hold down a place - Souttar, Coady, Ben Nelson, Yunus etc. Maybe even some wildcards like Alves - what do we have to lose at this stage when we are sinking.

3 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Apologies it’s actually £170m worth of talent that Enzo has got playing dreadful football in the 2nd tier. 

Thanks, I feel much better about those numbers. :)

On 29/03/2024 at 17:56, fox_favourite said:

The next 8 games could define the clubs future for years to come. We could be dead in the water next season if we're still in this league. Can't buy players, sell our best players, possible points deduction, financial scrutiny and trying to keep going. 

These players need to realise how important this is for fans. They could leave a deep scar that only a full reset ( board included) will solve. Or we're down a hole without a ladder. 

I think it’s actually that important.

Don’t go up, lose a third of the squad, bring the youth in and probably struggle for promotion for some years.

Do go up, get pelted week-in, week-out in the Premiership but at least get proper money for a proper rebuild. And I mean literally from Top to bottom.

That it should come to this… we’ve had The Kranky’s running things for too long.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

It’s not rocket science. Teams have sussed us and seen how to nullify us. Add in to that the fact we are so slow that any potential advantage gained from our mind numbing passing game is gone by the time we reach the final 3rd of the pitch. 

Yesterday Bristol doubled up on our wingers and rarely did we see them go past the last man. Usually teams are back behind the ball and we have to then find a way through 10 and even all 11 on occasion. 

It is turgid robotic football that has strangled the creativity, drive and passion out of every player. There is never any urgency. 

continue like this and we are done. Simple. 

• Like 4