Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Why is this all going t### up ?

Said elsewhere that results trump performances at the moment, and that's true, but the trend in performances is very worrying. Given I thought we were worse against Sunderland than we were against Leeds, this bad run has not only been terrible for results, it has seen a decreasing level of performance. 

Basically we have been sussed out. Slow predictable football was highlighted yesterday. Every time Mav received the ball there were two or three players on him, both wide players were in the same position time and time again and this happened 90% of the time. Jannik is capable of delivering killer passes over the top to the channels but very rarely does this.There is nothing wrong with playing direct football indeed it is imperative to mix things up. .

The few occasions we have success is when we move the ball quickly and get numbers up the pitch.

We are too one dimensional and everyone but the people who matter can see this.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Basically we have been sussed out. Slow predictable football was highlighted yesterday. Every time Mav received the ball there were two or three players on him, both wide players were in the same position time and time again and this happened 90% of the time. Jannik is capable of delivering killer passes over the top to the channels but very rarely does this.There is nothing wrong with playing direct football indeed it is imperative to mix things up. .

The few occasions we have success is when we move the ball quickly and get numbers up the pitch.

We are too one dimensional and everyone but the people who matter can see this.

I don't think its that, this run of bad form has coincided with the announcement about FFP before that we was playing as a team and the players where up for the fight hence such a big lead, I think some players have downed tools and we are not really playing as a team now with less desire.

We was also without Ricardo and Nididi in this blip.

6 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The off the field stuff is massively part of it. 

Yes, I agree with this.  

I wonder if the prospect of transfer embargoes and points deductions has turned players' heads.  It is difficult to see any kind of short term future for us and many may have an eye on the exit door.  We have seen in the past how performances drop off when players want to walk.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes, I agree with this.  

I wonder if the prospect of transfer embargoes and points deductions has turned players' heads.  It is difficult to see any kind of short term future for us and many may have an eye on the exit door.  We have seen in the past how performances drop off when players want to walk.

Without doubt 

Is Enzo's head been turned elsewhere? who knows especially if a Premier League Job is set to become available. As mentioned in a previous post, Moyes future at West Ham ain't been decided and I wouldn't rule out Enzo being tipped to replace him in the summer.

I think I’ve accepted that this is the start of our darkest era as a club.

The collapse is in full motion, and we’ve nothing but blind faith to hold onto that it might change. 

The biggest issue is king power, it’s no longer the king power that took over the club, and that’s because unfortunately the person who ran the show is no longer with us, and his son clearly can’t do the job, and he’s surrounded by people who are equally as poor. 

The poison that developed with the board rooms has seeped into the grass, and the club is ill, it’s suffering and there’s no remedy. 

The club is on its arse, none of this is conducive to a successful environment. 

The culture of this football club is rotten, and nothing will change unless the root cause is ripped out, but unfortunately it’s the ownership. 

We’re about to go flying down the rapids, with no control….. within a few years we could and probably will end up in league 2, because that’s the gravity of the situation we’re in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

The collapse is in full motion, and we’ve nothing but blind faith to hold onto that it might change. 

The biggest issue is king power, it’s no longer the king power that took over the club, and that’s because unfortunately the person who ran the show is no longer with us, and his son clearly can’t do the job, and he’s surrounded by people who are equally as poor. 

The poison that developed with the board rooms has seeped into the grass, and the club is ill, it’s suffering and there’s no remedy. 

The culture of this football club is rotten, and nothing will change unless the root cause is ripped out, but unfortunately it’s the ownership. 

We’re about to go flying down the rapids, with no control….. within a few years we could and probably will end up in league 2, because that’s the gravity of the situation we’re in. 

I know you can be dramatic at times but this.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And yet, we are one win away from being top of the league again. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I said something very similar to my bank manager when he put my mortgage rate up.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Seems like the training ground as bought nothing but bad luck, spend loads on it instead of transfers that may have helped us avoid the drop last season. 

Yeah. I wish we didn’t have that £100m excellent training facility. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I know you can be dramatic at times but this.....

Is it though? If we fail to get promotion, the EFL will hammer us to the point of us being suffocated, we will have to sell any saleable asset to generate money leaving us threadbare, the manager will likely go too. So we’re likely to end up manger less, might not have a full squad if players and due to potential restrictions we could end up doing a derby and scrambling around towards the end of the window signing substandard players. Starting on minus points, a significantly weaker squad, and a cover of negativity? 

Just look at Bolton and Portsmouth….. yes the base of the issues are different, but the impact of the problems basically stops you functioning properly, and if you can’t function properly you’re done. 

There’s no hiding from the fact we’re in major trouble. I always said to the old man one big team will end up collapsing, and I think it’s going to end up being us. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If you watch this then you should realise the players are also largely at fault.

Yes the system is rigid and more fresh subs can be made but the chances we miss is absolutely criminal. That's not on Enzo yet fans don't seem to consider this.

As Enzo said it would be more concerning if we weren't creating chances but we do. The fundamental fault is we can't put the ball in the net which has resulted us in not winning recently 

Fix this fault and we will create enough over the rest of season and win enough games to go up.

It's down to the players to start also taking some responsibility.

Interesting that we ignore our defending - particularly a lot of the goals conceded are down to the poor defensive shape we possess. Teams taking advantage of space and the transition every single week. 

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is it though? If we fail to get promotion, the EFL will hammer us to the point of us being suffocated, we will have to sell any saleable asset to generate money leaving us threadbare, the manager will likely go too. So we’re likely to end up manger less, might not have a full squad if players and due to potential restrictions we could end up doing a derby and scrambling around towards the end of the window signing substandard players. Starting on minus points, a significantly weaker squad, and a cover of negativity? 

Just look at Bolton and Portsmouth….. yes the base of the issues are different, but the impact of the problems basically stops you functioning properly, and if you can’t function properly you’re done. 

There’s no hiding from the fact we’re in major trouble. I always said to the old man one big team will end up collapsing, and I think it’s going to end up being us. 

Bolton and Portsmouth aren't remotely similar to our situation.

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Seems like the training ground as bought nothing but bad luck, spend loads on it instead of transfers that may have helped us avoid the drop last season. 

It wasn't a choice between building the training ground and buying players because investment into infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting that we ignore our defending - particularly a lot of the goals conceded are down to the poor defensive shape we possess. Teams taking advantage of space and the transition every single week. 

I blame Vardy, if we scored less goals we might spend more time training defence.

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can see something similar.  

We blow promotion. lose players and face a transfer embargo.  I can see us dropping divisions and having a complete overhaul as a club, rebuilding through the academy.  We will rise again and part of me is quite excited at the idea.   League 2 could be fun. 

As long as we don't go under, its just another chapter and I tell myself that at least we made our greatest era pay.  We won the league and the FA Cup.  We played in The Champion's League.  If the price of that is another stint in the wilderness, it is a deal that I would have taken in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t read all this but I honestly think his philosophy has taken the ability to step up a gear out of the players. They are so drilled to play slow controlled

football they can’t do anything quickly now 

• Like 1