Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Gambling with the club’s future. Do it again?

I have it on good authority Top and his dad are/were massive gamblers. I think it has shown up in how our club has been run and led us to our financial troubles. It becomes more apparent with hindsight of course. 
So, would you do it again? Sack Enzo and get someone new in for the last 8 games?

It would be stupidly reckless IMO - as we couldn’t afford to do it. However if we did it and it worked it would seem the right thing to do. You can only really know with hindsight though. 
Would you take the risk? Knowing it would be a catastrophe if it didn’t work leaving us deeper in the shite. 

Yes I would sack him and get Steve Cooper in. Even if SC didn’t end up getting us promoted this year he would have us in and around the top 6 next season. 

Personally I don’t think  they will sack Enzo, but I can’t see him being our manager next season whatever division we are in. 

I think sacking him would make us look like a basket case though I can see the temptation. It would also be reckless from a financial perspective - I’m not sure we can afford to be so gung-ho. 
If we are going to stick we might need to get behind him. It’s pretty toxic at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I have it on good authority Top and his dad are/were massive gamblers. I think it has shown up in how our club has been run and led us to our financial troubles. It becomes more apparent with hindsight of course. 
So, would you do it again? Sack Enzo and get someone new in for the last 8 games?

It would be stupidly reckless IMO - as we couldn’t afford to do it. However if we did it and it worked it would seem the right thing to do. You can only really know with hindsight though. 
Would you take the risk? Knowing it would be a catastrophe if it didn’t work leaving us deeper in the shite. 

I had a tenner on us when we went 1-0. And I'm literally called Gamble. Beat that Top

9 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Does the good authority happen to have anything to do with the fact that they own king power racing co ltd 🤯

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

I think sacking him would make us look like a basket case though I can see the temptation. It would also be reckless from a financial perspective - I’m not sure we can afford to be so gung-ho. 
If we are going to stick we might need to get behind him. It’s pretty toxic at the moment. 

It will only be a financial disaster if we don’t go up. And if we don’t go up, we’re ****ed anyway. 

Enzo has lost the dressing room, there’s. No way that he is getting it back, once that’s happened it’s game over. We’re a shambles and unless something is done, gos knows how this season could pan out. 

44 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Certainly last season it was wreckless to keep Rodgers on for so long.

This season, from a pure business is business point of view, Enzo is sacked 100%, the best business men are ruthless.  However from a reputation and respecting perspective you let the manager see the season out as after all we are still assured of top 4 at worst, and can still get promoted even from 4th.

So disagree with you strongly on the financial point of view, its more of a moral and ideology issue in my opinion.

Also we already breaching PSR, an extra 1-2 million isnt going to change anything there.

Edited by Chrysalis
typos as usual.

We are way to skint to make the change needed. Also making a change would require an admission that the board got it wrong again and as we know with last season they do not like taking responsibility. 

54 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

We are a basket case.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It will only be a financial disaster if we don’t go up. And if we don’t go up, we’re ****ed anyway. 

Enzo has lost the dressing room, there’s. No way that he is getting it back, once that’s happened it’s game over. We’re a shambles and unless something is done, gos knows how this season could pan out. 

Sorry to tell you this....but we're fvcked if we DO go up as well 😂

They’ve already gambled the clubs future. Just wait until Tuesday when the club is supposed to be announcing the full financial accounts. If we don’t go up this season, we basically won’t exist unless someone comes along and buys the club. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Literally no evidence to suggest he's "lost the dressing room", but you go off

Just now, sbfox said:

Literally no evidence to suggest he's "lost the dressing room", but you go off

What did you see out there today then? A team fighting for their manager? Or one that’s lost all belief? 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We are way to skint to make the change needed. Also making a change would require an admission that the board got it wrong again and as we know with last season they do not like taking responsibility. 

And trusting them to get someone better in.