Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

“We will get better as the season goes on”

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m edging back towards thinking that players have their eyes on other prizes for next season and are prioritising their own fitness over the club.

If that’s the case , play the likes of Albrighton , Coady etc. Even some of the young guns… they would probably do a better job!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

One thing that genuinely makes me laugh watching this team is when we take a kick off and Ricardo and Winks pass the ball back and forth when they are three yards away from eachother. 

That's been happening since pre season, every single kick off without fail whether we're behind or in front. I'm sick of seeing it, what's the point other than to help Winks get above his 90% pass completion of sideways passes so the club can tweet about it post match 🥱

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m edging back towards thinking that players have their eyes on other prizes for next season and are prioritising their own fitness over the club.

Correct, too many won't be here next season to be giving it their absolute all. Same as last season.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The guy spent £50m in the championship, and we'll probably spend more on wages than any team ever in this league. Anyone making excuses due to resources is barking up the wrong tree.

I've not been impressed with how we've played since day dot. The evidence was there and it was Rodger's scraping past in games thanks to a bit of extra quality all over again.

I was saying why I thought he might have made the comments of only being 10% of where he thought we could be.

He probably had a number of signings lined up in January - unless he was really overestimating his coaching abilities and the current player potential. 

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think the lack of transfers in January has effected us massively. All the other teams improved and we lost players instead. Shades of 19/20, 20/21 where we tailed off because of it

A lot of teams didn't strengthen either but what I saw last night was one team working and more determined to get a result than the other. Fat cats getting turned over by the grafters.

• Like 2

Forget “we’ll get better as the season goes on” we’ve been using this style, philosophy, whatever you wanna call it, on a whole for 7 years now, we’ve never mastered it and quite frankly you’d imagine it’d be quite rare for a club like this to ever master it.

When do we/they come to terms with it’s not a great watch, it’s not that successful or sustained?

The last 7 years, under the last 3 long term/permanent managers appointed there has been a common denominator that fans have described it, boring.

Point being not one single constant style is great to watch, successful or sustained. It becomes predictable, easy to play again and boring.

Adapt, mix it up abit. Is it too much to ask?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Forget “we’ll get better as the season goes on” we’ve been using this style, philosophy, whatever you wanna call it, on a whole for 7 years now, we’ve never mastered it and quite frankly you’d imagine it’d be quite rare for a club like this to ever master it. When do we/they come to terms with its not a great watch, it’s not that successful or sustained?

The last 7 years, under the last 3 long term/permanent managers appointed there has been a common denominator that fans have described it, boring.

Point being not one single constant style is great to watch, successful or sustained. It becomes predictable, easy to play again and boring.

Adapt, mix it up abit. Is it too much to ask?

The logic behind the club playing this way is that it's similar to how the top clubs play and therefore means they are more likely to buy our best players (in theory anyway), yet we now find ourselves in serious financial trouble. 

This season more than any other we just need to win enough games to get out of the division. Honestly, I genuinely think we'd be winning more games or at least losing fewer if we had a manger who just took the 'you're better players than the opposition, go out and beat them' approach rather than being glued to this ideology. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

So like last season then