Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

“We will get better as the season goes on”

Moreover I just don’t see the point in the centrebacks dribbling in the final third like that. If we’re that dominant take Faes off and put another attacker on. Justin and Vestergaard with Ricardo and Winks screening could have kept Millwall at bay last night.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Moreover I just don’t see the point in the centrebacks dribbling in the final third like that. If we’re that dominant take Faes off and put another attacker on. Justin and Vestergaard with Ricardo and Winks screening could have kept Millwall at bay last night.

His system is absolute rubbish and he is clueless about changing it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think the lack of transfers in January has effected us massively. All the other teams improved and we lost players instead. Shades of 19/20, 20/21 where we tailed off because of it

Many of the teams around us didn't make earth shattering January transfers either. It's not that that's effected us massively, it's the adherence to the same old tired system, with the same players doing exactly the same thing regardless of opposition or flow of play in the game. One look at the players in our squad compared to most opposition teams is enough to determine that we should be currently doing better than we actually are. 

Predictable is the word I would use. We are basically playing with 11 robots - the lack of fluidity is frightening and then with the last few minutes looming we realise time is running out and we need to do something. Says a lot that whilst we are top of the table, it wouldn't bother me to see him gone. This squad should be destroying this league, not struggling to get over the line.

Edited by J.Lisemore
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Remember when this was the party line? 

Maresca saying early doors we are only at 10% of where he wants us to be.

Well if you ask me we are significantly worse than the side we were watching in October. 

I disagree with this. We were actually pretty average at the beginning of the season but managed to pick up a lot of wins. Best performance I’ve seen is Leeds away until we conceded.

One thing that genuinely makes me laugh watching this team is when we take a kick off and Ricardo and Winks pass the ball back and forth when they are three yards away from eachother. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Not Maresca but  “Our strength in depth and rotation will prove vital in the long season” is my personal favourite. 

We consistently look more tired than the opposition week in week out

As the Sky commentators said last night, we looked really tired as the game wore on. Quite how when many of the players walk around the pitch is puzzling. Millwall ran themselves into the ground. I think you can actually  become tired by the being inert and inactive. It's hard to pick up any pace when you're frigging sloth like. 

I’m still trying to work out how this style is any more “sustainable” than any other style.

Or how this style “preserves energy” and/or “tires the opposition out” when we look more knackered than them?

It’s all buzzwords and cliches. People have been brainwashed and have been for years.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

As the Sky commentators said last night, we looked really tired as the game wore on. Quite how when many of the players walk around the pitch is puzzling. Millwall ran themselves into the ground. I think you can actually  become tired by the being inert and inactive. It's hard to pick up any pace when you're frigging sloth like. 

A big thing made by fans is boredom. Are the players bored?

Boredom:

“Someone who feels bored may not feel engaged or stimulated. You may feel unfulfilled and not able to connect with your surroundings. Boredom can appear in two was: lethargy (feeling tired) or agitation (feeling irritated).”

As silly as it sounds (even to myself), there is a case to be made and a discussion to be had.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Remember when this was the party line? 

Maresca saying early doors we are only at 10% of where he wants us to be.

Well if you ask me we are significantly worse than the side we were watching in October. 

Currently top of the league and on track for a 100 point season btw.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m still trying to work out how this style is any more “sustainable” than any other style.

Or how this style “preserves energy” and/or “tires the opposition out” when we look more knackered than them?

It’s all buzzwords and cliches. People have been brainwashed and have been for years.

Remember years ago Wenger at Arsenal saying that this type of football requires his players to be fitter than the opponents because his players had to work harder to keep the ball.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Remember years ago Wenger at Arsenal saying that this type of football requires his players to be fitter than the opponents because his players had to work harder to keep the ball.

Correct, can’t have it both ways and I’d be inclined to agree with Wenger’s rationale.

Physically and mentality draining.

Found him boring too but it worked for them/him. Atleast everyone didn’t try and copy his style, teams had their own identities and played to their own strengths.

In the modern game it’s mainly a one size fits all style regardless of whether you can play it or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Currently top of the league and on track for a 100 point season btw.

In what universe are we on track for an 100 point season? That would requires 4 wins from our next 5, since the turn of the year we are 11W - 2D - 6L and most of those wins came in January/February. 

• Like 1

I remember being so underwhelmed pretty much straight away. Scraping past Rotherham at the start, Cardiff at home as well. Even Coventry at home we were crap for 75 minutes. 

How many enjoyable wins have we actually had this season? 

• Like 1

This is the only way to play nowadays. People who don't enjoy it are dinosaurs who refuse to move with the times and appreciate the technical nuances.

You all need to keep paying your money and be happy about it.

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

Just now, Chelmofox said:

You promise? 

For you mate, It’s a promise.

I hope that I’m wrong but can’t see us picking up more than 2 wins with the upcoming games and feel our fate is in the hands of how well Leeds and Ipswich handle the pressure.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

One thing that genuinely makes me laugh watching this team is when we take a kick off and Ricardo and Winks pass the ball back and forth when they are three yards away from eachother. 

It's good for the stats

• Thanks 2

I think we won a few games early on that we might well not have done and in the last couple months our luck has run out, we have the best squad this division has ever seen with tactics that are sucking the life out of it. 

At least 8 of last night's 16 will likely be leaving in the summer with no money to replace them and I think that makes us midtable in the championship and rock bottom of the prem.