Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

“We will get better as the season goes on”

I absolutely believed this, at the start of the season we looked like we were improving every week.

The other trope was “we’re winning without changing out of 2nd gear”. I also genuinely believed that too!! 

I think it’s fair to say, in the longer term, I was wrong! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Swarles Barkley said:

Not Maresca but  “Our strength in depth and rotation will prove vital in the long season” is my personal favourite. 

We consistently look more tired than the opposition week in week out

the £5k mattresses at Seagrave perhaps are a bit uncomfortable

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Not Maresca but  “Our strength in depth and rotation will prove vital in the long season” is my personal favourite. 

We consistently look more tired than the opposition week in week out

There's so many of Pep's bad influences on him. Amazing resources and depth yet he goes out his way to be hard done by. 

Puts 2 goalkeepers on the bench for weeks, then isn't using subs or not playing new signings. It's just spiteful, arrogant and not doing himself any favours whatsoever. 

I don't see who is employing him if he doesn't get us up. 

• Like 1

I think he was told he would have a chance of getting some new players in in January that obviously didn't materialise.

We haven't looked right since and there seems to be an undercurrent of bad mood with him.

I believe it stems from false truths when he joined and probably can ultimately be blamed on Rudders. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 3

We had a eight week spell from Plymouth at home to Stoke away where we racked up goals for fun, especially against bottom half teams. That is now where we are struggling, dropping points and not scoring.

I think our best performance since was at Leeds but we lost. Not doing enough to grind out points.

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

There's so many of Pep's bad influences on him. Amazing resources and depth yet he goes out his way to be hard done by. 

Puts 2 goalkeepers on the bench for weeks, then isn't using subs or not playing new signings. It's just spiteful, arrogant and not doing himself any favours whatsoever. 

Oh god. Please don't say that.  It means we have to keep him !

( Top loves this sh1t football style and also we probably can't afford to sack him) 

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It took a lot to make me laugh after tonight's display but this managed a small chortle 

We’re all in this together mate. 
Gotta keep spirits high.  We go again Friday. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh god. Please don't say that.  It means we have to keep him !

( Top loves this sh1t football style and also we probably can't afford to sack him) 

What does Top even know about football? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have been found out weeks ago. It's obvious, predictable football. It's easy to play against now. We haven't adapted it at all, whether it be a formation change or style tweak.

Opposition always sit deep, and let  us pass it from wing to wing, slow it down, repeat. We will inevitably make chances and win some games because we have the best players and squad in the league. 

Worrying thing for me is we have gone to shit defensively. Worst thing today should have been 0-0. Sunderland away is the only clean sheet in recent memory and that was fortunate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The difference is that Pep is an amazing coach and can afford to be a cvnt. Enzo isn't, and the only similarity between the two is their looks.

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

The difference is that Pep is an amazing coach and can afford to be a cvnt. Enzo isn't, and the only similarity between the two is their looks.

Pep had his own issues they went through a period where Man City were conceding lots of goals, we played them during that spell and got 4 or 5 against them.  But Pep of course has a club owner who can by him a new set of defenders that can handle Pep ball which is what happened, 6 figure spend later they were dominating.  Enzo was recruited to fit Top's football ideology, but then we dont have a squad suited for Enzo ball and dont have the ability to build such a squad so it was a misfit appointment.

It kind of worked ok early season as could tell teams were fearful of us, they sat back (apparently we dont like this which is funny), and it gave us the space to do lots of tippy tappy without being harassed.  Since the opposition often wasnt even trying to score we got wins out of it, but that fear factor is gone now.  We not going to be playing against any more Stoke's this season.

6 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Have been found out weeks ago. It's obvious, predictable football. It's easy to play against now. We haven't adapted it at all, whether it be a formation change or style tweak.

Opposition always sit deep, and let  us pass it from wing to wing, slow it down, repeat. We will inevitably make chances and win some games because we have the best players and squad in the league. 

Worrying thing for me is we have gone to shit defensively. Worst thing today should have been 0-0. Sunderland away is the only clean sheet in recent memory and that was fortunate.

It’s lazy of me to say one reason Faes but I’m here for it.

He doesn’t defend as a team as how many times has he switched off, done something lazy yet still trusted by Enzo.

Considering Enzo doesn’t trust certain players in the squad, his unwavering trust in Faes is criminal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

It’s lazy of me to say one reason Faes but I’m here for it.

He doesn’t defend as a team as how many times has he switched off, done something lazy yet still trusted by Enzo.

Considering Enzo doesn’t trust certain players in the squad, his unwavering trust in Faes is criminal.

I think he likes Faes because he can bring the ball forward, and this is something Coady cannot do. However, this stage of the season is more about characters and leadership than sticking to plan A unquestionably. Coady is pretty good at that and yet isn’t getting a sniff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think he likes Faes because he can bring the ball forward, and this is something Coady cannot do. However, this stage of the season is more about characters and leadership than sticking to plan A unquestionably. Coady is pretty good at that and yet isn’t getting a sniff.

Faes bringing the ball forward has created how many chances in recent games?

Yet his casualness on the ball must have led to at least 3 goals in the last month alone, it’s so infuriating mate.

I wasn’t sure either way on Enzo but firmly in the Enzo out now camp due to his arrogance/naivety.

• Like 1