Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Team for West Ham: Marson, Donnelly, Toko, Ali, Daniels, Lawrence, Neale, Hutchinson, De, Lisle, Anugo, King

 

Subs: Stretton, Diallo, Aideed, Akolbire, Corden

  • Like 1
Posted
59 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Team for West Ham: Marson, Donnelly, Toko, Ali, Daniels, Lawrence, Neale, Hutchinson, De, Lisle, Anugo, King

 

Subs: Stretton, Diallo, Aideed, Akolbire, Corden

Is it streamed anywhere?

Posted
30 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

How did the academy players play? In Greece so didn’t get to see it 

Very solid tbf but would have expected that as those are the teams they face each week. Will be interesting to see if any feature next game vs Stevenage in this competition 

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

How did the academy players play? In Greece so didn’t get to see it 

I thought Neale and Lawrence looked comfortable. Hutchinson seemed to be trying to do too much and the only  thing that came off for him was the shot against the post. As in previous games it was the academy players, Aluko, Alves and Braybrooke, who impressed and the 'experienced professionals' who were a disappointment. I only saw the second half and was not impressed by Doyle, but as has been mentioned on the Doyle thread, he has not had many games, including in pre-season.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I thought Neale and Lawrence looked comfortable. Hutchinson seemed to be trying to do too much and the only  thing that came off for him was the shot against the post. As in previous games it was the academy players, Aluko, Alves and Braybrooke, who impressed and the 'experienced professionals' who were a disappointment. I only saw the second half and was not impressed by Doyle, but as has been mentioned on the Doyle thread, he has not had many games, including in pre-season.

Doyle was the most disappointing for me too, just looked very sloppy and lost out there

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I thought Neale and Lawrence looked comfortable. Hutchinson seemed to be trying to do too much and the only  thing that came off for him was the shot against the post. As in previous games it was the academy players, Aluko, Alves and Braybrooke, who impressed and the 'experienced professionals' who were a disappointment. I only saw the second half and was not impressed by Doyle, but as has been mentioned on the Doyle thread, he has not had many games, including in pre-season.

To be fair to BDCR he got 3 assists and a goal, I don't think that's classed as a disappointment. 

  • Like 4
Posted
4 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

Doyle was the most disappointing for me too, just looked very sloppy and lost out there

I thought he looked ok on the ball, he was just so slow. As I said, I only saw the second half so maybe he was just tired. On the same basis, I thought O'Hora and Coulibaly were the most disappointing. O'Hora was far too casually and slow with the ball and Coulibaly just didn't seem to be able to pass the ball at all.

  • Like 1
Posted

Loved Neale last night, I think he's borderline ready but maybe a loan would be the best route. Very steady, bit of a Braybrooke duplicate - which makes me think send him on the same path to league two and he will be more than ready to go next year. 

 

Hutchinson was decent, I just don't see him as a winger. Seems to be following the same path as Evans of being farmed out wide when they're just not wingers.

 

Haven't watched much of Lawrence but got the impression from him I always got from Joseph - versatile and a good pro which will take them both on to good careers. 

  • Like 4
Posted
19 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Loved Neale last night, I think he's borderline ready but maybe a loan would be the best route. Very steady, bit of a Braybrooke duplicate - which makes me think send him on the same path to league two and he will be more than ready to go next year. 

 

Hutchinson was decent, I just don't see him as a winger. Seems to be following the same path as Evans of being farmed out wide when they're just not wingers.

 

Haven't watched much of Lawrence but got the impression from him I always got from Joseph - versatile and a good pro which will take them both on to good careers. 

Lawrence is mainly a CM I believe? I saw him in a u21 game a few weeks ago (Bournemouth I think) and thought he was one of the better players. 
 

Neale will surely get a loan in January unless he forces himself in Martin’s plans. Think I saw something saying he was meant to be on the bench for Plymouth. 

 

Posted
20 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Loved Neale last night, I think he's borderline ready but maybe a loan would be the best route. Very steady, bit of a Braybrooke duplicate - which makes me think send him on the same path to league two and he will be more than ready to go next year. 

 

Hutchinson was decent, I just don't see him as a winger. Seems to be following the same path as Evans of being farmed out wide when they're just not wingers.

 

Haven't watched much of Lawrence but got the impression from him I always got from Joseph - versatile and a good pro which will take them both on to good careers. 

Evans seems to be doing really well as a right winger for Cheltenham so far

 

Seems to have played more as a winger than as a striker over the past few seasons as well

  • Like 2
Posted

De Lisle making the same England U19 team as Page and Howell, but not near our first team? 

  • Haha 2
Posted
On 18/09/2026 at 11:49, lcfc sheff said:

Page with u19s and Hugo De Lisle with 18s, hopefully we can see a few more in the England set up as the season goes on 

It’s interesting that Hugo is getting in the same squads as Harry Howell and page and yet he’s nowhere near our first team. Clearly he must be very promising, so surprised he didn’t get at least a look in during pre-season 

Posted
1 hour ago, ACF said:

De Lisle making the same England U19 team as Page and Howell, but not near our first team? 

 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s interesting that Hugo is getting in the same squads as Harry Howell and page and yet he’s nowhere near our first team. Clearly he must be very promising, so surprised he didn’t get at least a look in during pre-season 

Ooops! Great minds though lol

Posted
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s interesting that Hugo is getting in the same squads as Harry Howell and page and yet he’s nowhere near our first team. Clearly he must be very promising, so surprised he didn’t get at least a look in during pre-season 

Think he's quite lightweight compared to say Page but at 17/18 that's not a huge surprise and why not all players are ready for the first team at that age. He has been in England youth squads for a good few years now so the pedigree is there.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

De lisle is on the bench for England's u18s game against Columbia that started at 5pm.

 

Ex academy player Tyrese Noubissie is starting.

 

Watch here: 

 

 

 

 

Edited by honeybradger
Posted
20 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

De lisle is on the bench for England's u18s game against Columbia that started at 5pm.

 

Ex academy player Tyrese Noubissie is starting.

 

Watch here: 

 

 

 

 

Fcukin hell, he's flip flopped between England and France youth teams. Played for France when at academies in England and then England when gone to Strasbourg to play. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fcukin hell, he's flip flopped between England and France youth teams. Played for France when at academies in England and then England when gone to Strasbourg to play. 

Also let Man City pay £1m for him then buggered off on a free 2 years later.

 

Ive said it before, the academy system is a f*cked up mess. How it isn't child trafficking in some cases is beyond me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...