Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Which would you prefer.

42 members have voted

1. 1. Choose - Adams or Levein?

• Adams
    • Levein

At the time I didn't want Micky out, I didn't beleve we were going anywhere under most/any manager, I saw us at the start of last season turning into an average mid-table championship team before the season had started, and thats what we were under Micky Adams, When Micky went and we replaced him with Levein, I knew nothing about Levein and I belived the hype :doh:....i.e - "He's the MON"..."This is the start of something good"..."This man will take us places" e.t.c...but the same stuff had been said about Micky when he was first bought in, as I knew nothing about Levein I just believed the hype and was very excited about the appointment of Levein.

In this thread I am expecting there to be replys saying you wouldn't want either, but out of the two who would you pick.

This isn't a thread saying fans were wrong to want Micky Adams out because we don't know under Micky we may be in the same situation as we are now, but personally I think we'd have been in a healther (Only Mid-Table but currently we'd have the risk of nose-bleed's going that high) position under Adams than we are currently.

Micky was more fun.

He was frank and honest but when he did make excuses they were amusing and varied. Sure, he completely changed the side every year and in the long term, he wasn't the answer, we also played shit football under him. Having said that, he didn't get us to the bottom 3 did he? When he knew he couldn't sort it, he offered to resign a number of times. MA was wrong for us but he was an honourable man and i genuinely felt for him over the LA MANGA sage etc, even though his own naivety might have been partly to blame.

Levein has come in, taken a talented squad of players to the bottom 3 and seemingly refuses any accountability or responsibility. His man-management, motivational skills and tactical skills are woeful and he is out of his depth. He is stubborn, arrogant, ignorant and dishonourable. He should go. Now.

It's true that Adams isn't exactly a good manager and doesn't learn from his mistakes(bringing Wise in to Coventry - madness!) But he did get us promoted. Some would argue that it wasn't difficult, but he must take some credit for maintaing the winning mentality at that time and knowing his best team. We have never had anything like that under Levein.

I backed both within reason, but it was right for Adams to leave and now Levein's time has come. I am the harbinger of justice.

I find it quite amusing and quite sad on your behalf that you bothered to read all the way through that.

I also assume there was a reason for the four question marks?

But yes - 'sage' should read 'sage'...

... should 'lass' read 'ass'?

Well you bothered to write it all so I thought I'd read it. Well after we'd just been having a discussion about spelling, I found it quite fitting that you should make a mistake.

Levein easy

Micky had a poor team, playing poorly, going nowhere

Levein has a good team, playing poorly, with the opportunity to go somewhere

Levein should go IMO, but he's done good for the club in terms of youngsters, cute signings etc

Can you imagine Stearman, sheehan, chambers being given starts/sub appearances under micky?

Although I was one of those hounding Adams out (I'm not defending myself for it either), I'd much prefer Adams in charge.

I did give him credit, and still do, for getting us promoted. He did a great job in that season even if some people (harshly) say that we had a Premiership team and anyone could have got us promoted.

Levein is a fraudster, he's conned so many fans for so long (and still has some fans fooled) and he's conned the board too. At least Adams did the honourable thing and resigned - I will eternally respect him for leaving with dignity.

Levein easy

Micky had a poor team, playing poorly, going nowhere

Levein has a good team, playing poorly, with the opportunity to go somewhere

Levein should go IMO, but he's done good for the club in terms of youngsters, cute signings etc

Can you imagine Stearman, sheehan, chambers being given starts/sub appearances under micky?

Micky was no Martin but Levein ain't fit to lick his boots. The obsession with youth, especially now with Bosman, is a complete irrelevance. Football is about the present.

I was just thinking about making one of these threads. We had one last year I think, and the results largely favoured CL, but it's not surprising to see MA favoured by most (including me) now.

I wanted Adams out at the time too, but he's better than CL.

This poll and thread seems pointless to me, where is the wisdom in looking to the past all the time? MA walked out on us, MON left us for better things... why pine for them all the time? They're gone. End of story.

This poll and thread seems pointless to me, where is the wisdom in looking to the past all the time? MA walked out on us, MON left us for better things... why pine for them all the time? They're gone. End of story.

Might as well look at the past at the moment, because at this current time...We have no future.

Adam's forced us into rebuilding. Adams turned a blind eye at any talent coming through the youth system, in favour of his experienced pro's. Adam's played a 15 stone striker on the right wing, sticking to his favourites just like Levein. And in the end, both managers lost the dressing room, suffering from tactical ineptness.

The league position we're in obviously favours Adams, but i think some may forget how bad it was then as well. At least now, we have a little hope of a brighter future with some of the players in our squad, that are capable of beating the best and playing exciting football, just only when certain players are out of the team.

A team of over 30's never did do it for me.

Levein everytime.

Adams didn't have a clue from the minute we got promoted. He thought experience was the answer (he still does) yet it failed miserabley.

Levein has sorted this club out in terms of finances, the future, contracts etc. It's just results haven't gone well and he hasn't the footballing management skills to get us out of it.

If Adams was still manager I think we'd be in an even worse position.

Levein everytime.

Adams didn't have a clue from the minute we got promoted. He thought experience was the answer (he still does) yet it failed miserabley.

Levein has sorted this club out in terms of finances, the future, contracts etc. It's just results haven't gone well and he hasn't the footballing management skills to get us out of it.

If Adams was still manager I think we'd be in an even worse position.

He's sorted this club out alright. Just look at the league table. Makes a complete nonsense of what you said really Ricey.

I think basically under Adams we'd probably be a nothing team hanging around at the bottom/middle of the table, much like Coventry now I guess.. As everyone says Levein is good behind the scenes but is woeful when it comes to getting results - perhaps we should employ him as an accountant?

I think basically under Adams we'd probably be a nothing team hanging around at the bottom/middle of the table, much like Coventry now I guess.. As everyone says Levein is good behind the scenes but is woeful when it comes to getting results - perhaps we should employ him as an accountant?

The problem for poor old Micky is that every club he has ever managed has been riddled with debt. Fulham, Brighton, City and Coventry.

I'm not going to vote as it's a bit pointless.

Had we had this poll when Adams was here 98% would of voted for Levein.

Isn't hindsight great.

Yep it is indeed. It's all about learning from your mistakes. Shame Mr Levein doesn't understand the concept. ;)

Archived