Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

19 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I've had one of my bets from the start of the season settled that I can't work out.

Sheffield Wednesday handicap (+14) outright in the Championship and it's settled as a loser. I don't get it? 

They're 13 points behind Newcastle who won and +14 to Sheffield Wednesday's total wins them the title. Can anyone explain? 

Suspect Huddersfield probably won that.

Russian 2nd division, Dinamo Moscow (already promoted and champions) are EVS to beat a team just outside the relegation zone, and Tosno (already promoted in 2nd) are 6/1 to win away at a team that has a small chance of reaching the play offs. Dinamo Tblisi in Georgia are 7/4 to beat Lokomotiv Tblisi (1st vs 2nd) Dinamo have won their last 7. However betfair has just removed all markets from that game. Today i've got

Tblisi (waiting on it anyway)

Dinamo Moscow

Kukesi (Albania)

Fakel (Russia)

BATE

Sigma Olomouc (Czech)

Partizan Belgrade

Flamengo

At what was around 39/1 before Tblisi got taken down

**scrap the Tosno one lol

The two Dinamo's came in

Edited by Walkers

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Today

Everton

Dundee Utd

Cork City

CSKA Moscow

Sparta Prague

Spartak (Latvia, top of the table at home to 5th (out of 8, 20pts ahead at 13/10!?)

16/1

I was just looking on soccerway (which I'm not saying is 100% correct ) and spartak are 2nd and playing 7th but only 7 points difference after 7 games. Where you looking?

9 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

I was just looking on soccerway (which I'm not saying is 100% correct ) and spartak are 2nd and playing 7th but only 7 points difference after 7 games. Where you looking?

All goals (an app on my phone) They had a different idea to how the Dutch 2nd division is structered so I wouldn't be surprised if its wrong. I usually use soccerway too. They did win in the end anyway

Yeah the table on this app is from last season lollol

Edited by Walkers

Reading to win them seeing as absolutely nobody wants them up.

I might have a Man Utd to win Europa, Real Madrid to win CL and Reading to win PO treble. Any other scenario I'm happy so lets at least benefit.

15/1 for the treble. Great stuff.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Red Bull Salzburg (can win league with a point, home to a poor but safe Rapid Vienna)

Steaua Bucharest (cool looking 3 way tie to win the title in final game in Romania. 2nd favourites to win it but 1/4 to beat CS Uni Craiova)

Monaco (can effectively win the title with one more win thanks to superior GD, home to Lille)

PSG

Feyenoord (a win gives them the title but completely bottled it last week when they could have won it, perhaps risky at 1/6 but at home to Heracles who are midtable)

Ajax (needs to win to capitalise on a Feyenoord slip up)

PSV (needs to win to capitalise on an Ajax slip up..)

Porto @ 5/1

Osijek (Croatia)

Slavia Prague (can take big step to Czech title to win)

Ferencvaros

Cukaricki (Serbia)

Al Ahly (African Champions League)

Viitorul (a win guarantees them the Romanian title) @11/1

Flamengo (Brazilian football is back, yay)

Nice

Videoton win or draw (Hungary)

Metz-Toulouse BTTS @ 8/1

Rosenborg (by far the best Norwegian team these days)

AIK

Zurich (Swiss 2nd div)

Helsingborg (Swedish 2nd div)

Mjondalen

Bodo Glimt win or draw (both Norwegian 2nd div) @ 15/1

It's coming to the final weekend in European leagues so these are a few decent odds i've found

SV Ried away to Austria Vienna at 4/1. By the time these play Vienna should be out of the title race but still have pressure on them from 3rd. Ried are bottom but approaching safety

St Polten (Austria) 8/5 to beat Mattersburg at home. Got a very good home record despite being 2nd bottom, Mattersburg in decent form themselves but in my experience of Russia in games not involving the top sides you don't get many away wins

Utrecht 7/1 to win away at Alkmaar. Both teams have qualified for the EL play offs with Utrecht 10pts clear of AZ. Not sure why the high odds

Roda 3/1 away at Vitesse who have qualified for the EL play offs already. Roda need the points to assure safety.

NEC 6/1 away at Heerenveen. Heerenveen still have a change of qualifying for the EL play offs, NEC need to win to stand a chance of avoiding relegation play offs

Bastia 2/1 to beat Lorient at home. Bastia are down without a win, a win would drag Lorient (17th) right into the mix for relegation

Nancy 4/1 to win away at Dijon. Thats 18th vs 19th, relegation play off positions. Both teams promoted last season & need the win. Not sure why Nancy are so unfancied

Hamburg 3/1 to win away at Schalke. Schalke are safe, Hamburg occupy the relegation play off position and need the points more. Form isn't good though

Sassuolo 6/1 to win away at Inter Milan. This is more for how bad Inter Milan are these days. D2 and L5 of their last 7

Sporting Gijon 3/1 to win away at Eibar. Gijon need the points to stay up, Eibar are more than safe

Vojvodina (Serbia) 9/2 at home to Radnicki Nis. Another strange Serbian one. Vojvodina finished 15pts clear in the normal season. Radnicki in good form though

Atletico PR (Brazil) are 4/1 to win away at promoted Bahia. PR finished 6th after a strong finish last season and are 4th favourites to win the league. Bahia are 250/1 with only one side longer odds.

Shoutout to Mladost Lucani who are 12/1 to win at Red Star Belgrade who are really stuttering recently.

Finally Chapecoense are 11/1 to win at Corinthians tonight. I've no idea on the state of their team after what happened last year, whether they signed any of the high profile players who expressed an interest in joining them or received/spent any money teams promised them. Corinthians won the league the season before last and finished 7th last season.

• Like 1

I've had a pretty good one today. Just a single. Hull to beat Palace on corners at 2/1. My logic was Hull would do the bulk of the attacking and Palace won't go all guns blazing. Hull currently winning 6-3 on corners. Nothing mega but it's looking a decent win.

On 13/05/2017 at 04:06, Walkers said:

Red Bull Salzburg (can win league with a point, home to a poor but safe Rapid Vienna)

Steaua Bucharest (cool looking 3 way tie to win the title in final game in Romania. 2nd favourites to win it but 1/4 to beat CS Uni Craiova)

Monaco (can effectively win the title with one more win thanks to superior GD, home to Lille)

PSG

Feyenoord (a win gives them the title but completely bottled it last week when they could have won it, perhaps risky at 1/6 but at home to Heracles who are midtable)

Ajax (needs to win to capitalise on a Feyenoord slip up)

PSV (needs to win to capitalise on an Ajax slip up..)

Porto @ 5/1

SV Ried away to Austria Vienna at 4/1. By the time these play Vienna should be out of the title race but still have pressure on them from 3rd. Ried are bottom but approaching safety

St Polten (Austria) 8/5 to beat Mattersburg at home. Got a very good home record despite being 2nd bottom, Mattersburg in decent form themselves but in my experience of Russia in games not involving the top sides you don't get many away wins

Utrecht 7/1 to win away at Alkmaar. Both teams have qualified for the EL play offs with Utrecht 10pts clear of AZ. Not sure why the high odds

Roda 3/1 away at Vitesse who have qualified for the EL play offs already. Roda need the points to assure safety.

NEC 6/1 away at Heerenveen. Heerenveen still have a change of qualifying for the EL play offs, NEC need to win to stand a chance of avoiding relegation play offs

Bastia 2/1 to beat Lorient at home. Bastia are down without a win, a win would drag Lorient (17th) right into the mix for relegation

Nancy 4/1 to win away at Dijon. Thats 18th vs 19th, relegation play off positions. Both teams promoted last season & need the win. Not sure why Nancy are so unfancied

Hamburg 3/1 to win away at Schalke. Schalke are safe, Hamburg occupy the relegation play off position and need the points more. Form isn't good though

Sassuolo 6/1 to win away at Inter Milan. This is more for how bad Inter Milan are these days. D2 and L5 of their last 7

Sporting Gijon 3/1 to win away at Eibar. Gijon need the points to stay up, Eibar are more than safe

Vojvodina (Serbia) 9/2 at home to Radnicki Nis. Another strange Serbian one. Vojvodina finished 15pts clear in the normal season. Radnicki in good form though

Atletico PR (Brazil) are 4/1 to win away at promoted Bahia. PR finished 6th after a strong finish last season and are 4th favourites to win the league. Bahia are 250/1 with only one side longer odds.

Shoutout to Mladost Lucani who are 12/1 to win at Red Star Belgrade who are really stuttering recently.

Finally Chapecoense are 11/1 to win at Corinthians tonight. I've no idea on the state of their team after what happened last year, whether they signed any of the high profile players who expressed an interest in joining them or received/spent any money teams promised them. Corinthians won the league the season before last and finished 7th last season.

Well Utrecht (7/1), NEC (6/1), Sassuolo (6/1), St Polten 8/5 all won.

Vojvodina, Hamburg, Chapacoense drew

Mladost Lucani, Roda and SV Ried lost.

Atletico PR, Gijon, Bastia & Nancy still to play

Gijon and Bastia won. Them 6 would have came to 12230/1 lol

Edited by Walkers

21 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Fulham are favourites to beat Reading (2/1) away tomorrow night... why?

Fulham the form team in the division.  Reading had their goalscorer stretchered off and their captain sent off in the 1st leg. Although I would consider playing without Paul McShane a bonus.

Edited by pds