Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

had monaco -1 corners tonight @ 6/4. was unreal that price, genuinely thought theyd be huge favs on that market. 

365 put the wrong price out on a handball game today too and resettled my winning bet from 5/2 to 1/1000 hahaha knockynice  

Surely Orlando aren't a bad price here. 5/1 away at Toronto. I'm no MLS expert so totally braced to be told I'm talking out of my arse but Orlando have 18 points from 7 games are are top of the Eastern Conference, Toronto have 13 points from 8. Orlando have won their last 4 as well.

I dipped into Macedonian football for the first time today. Bet on the team top of the league to win away at 2nd bottom. Went 2-0 up, pegged back to 2-2, other team down to 10 men, then went 3-2 down. A red card for either side later, they scored and drew 3-3.

Puskas Academy and Illichivets of the Hungary and Ukraine 2nd division are good eggs though

On 03/05/2017 at 22:52, ScouseFox said:

had monaco -1 corners tonight @ 6/4. was unreal that price, genuinely thought theyd be huge favs on that market. 

365 put the wrong price out on a handball game today too and resettled my winning bet from 5/2 to 1/1000 hahaha knockynice  

you do understand they are not allowed to do that, and they do it because 99% of the time they get get away with it.

They are licensed by the uk gambling commision who  would never rule a bet condition be cjhanged unless there was reason to suggest   ilegal activity.

I assume bet365 are saying they made a mistake in their pricing, well punters make mistake in their pricing forecasts nearly every bet, it is in no way a reason to change the terms of a bet.

Edited by treer

Doing a bit of Walkers-style researching here.

(ARG) Racing Club to beat Gimnasia - Fancy that one, Racing club good at home and Gimnasia lost their last two. 7th v 11th. 2/3.

(ARG) Colon to beat Atl Tucuman - Colon have won 7 in a row and Tucuman are midtable. This is evens, amazingly.

(SUI) Basel to win at Lugano is evens. Basel absolutely pissing the league. Lugano bottom half.

Waiting for what price Zurich are at home to Le Mont as they're walking the second tier and have an easy looking game on paper.

Keeping my eyes peeled for Mariupol (UKR) and Puskas Academia (HUN) as well at your recommendation ;)

Finally, England. I see a lot of solid priced home wins tomorrow. Leicester to beat Watford is 6/11. Hull to beat Sunderland also 6/11. Bournemouth to beat Stoke 5/4. Burnley to beat West Brom 11/8.

I'm tempted to have the four English, two Argentine and Basel. May sack Burnley off though.

Funny as i'm doing the same thing lol its 3am so why not..

I saw the Colon thing and was similarly amazed at the 21/20 odds on betfair. Gimnasia were in good form I think before their recent stutter so i'm staying clear.  I also saw Basel but bare in mind they wrapped up the league last week. But still they are streets ahead of Lugano. I spotted Zurich were doing well in the 2nd division a few weeks ago, decided to bet on them on Thursday for the first time and they lost. I'm absolutely done betting on English football. I more or less got into betting as something to keep me entertained at work as I work afternoons/evenings, so I like to organise my bets time-wise so that all teams in one bet kick off more or less at the same time. Have been in a consistent spell of doing an English leagues bet at 3pm, a 5-6pm-ish kick off bet and a 7/8pm bet. I only put £1 on them ones, and £5 on teams spread over the entire weekend consistening of your Bayern's/Barcelona's/Juventus' etc. Then i'll do 4 different bets on the Sunday with a bit more variation like BTTS etc.

Haven't really caught much interesting this weekend that you haven't already mentioned. These are more than a long shot but

Darmstadt need to win (for like the 3rd/4th game in a row) to stay up, away at Bayern who are already champions lol 40/1.......

Vozdovac (Serbia) 40/1 to beat Red Star Belgrade at home. Don't really fancy them at all but just think they're intriguing odds

Tomsk to beat Spartak Moscow. I think Spartak can win the title with a win and other results going their way, Tomsk are bottom and more or less already down, but are 55/1 to win. Spartak 1/66, I rarely see them odds in La Liga where the gap between top and bottom is ginormous, was amazed to see it in this game. I've seen Spartak up at around 1/3 this season to beat similar stature teams.

In a treble they are 95000/1 :ph34r: Alternatively 3 double chances is 440/1.

More sensibly I have again seen Mladost Lucani at 15/2 to win away at Vojvodina. Mladost have won their 1st 3 games since the league split, Vojvodina have lost their last 2 although against Partizan/Red Star. They're now both level on points.

Cukaricki 7/2 to win away at Backa Backa Palanka (honestly that is their name) Finished 13pts ahead of them in the regular season. Cukaricki have won 2 of their first 3, Palanka vice versa.

Add Brommapojkarna to your Puskas and Mariupol. I think I tipped someone to beat them a few weeks ago because they're "Just a promoted side" They're storming the Swedish 2nd division early days lol

£5 - 5.5/1

PSG

Napoli

Barcelona

Juventus (1/2 to beat Torino at home. Perhaps a bit risky having already won the league and a CL game coming up in the week)

Porto (need to win to keep pressure on Benfica)

Ajax

Feyenoord (can win their first Dutch title in a 20 years with a win, away at their on-off feeder club Excelsior)

Genk (bit of a weird one but they're been reliable for me lately, at home to a lowly side)

3pm - 10/1

Red Bull Salzburg (can win league title this weekend)

BATE Borisov (still best in Belarus)

Hibs (Maltese Hibs)

Atl Madrid

Banik Ostrava (Czech 2nd div)

Cukaricki (Double chance at EVS)

Nomme Kaiju (Estonia)

5pm - 11/1

KV Mechelen (like Genk are decent for me and usually always good odds. Only 1/2 this weekend though)

Galatasaray

SV Ried (Austria. Bottom of the league but form is picking up with safety in sight) 11/10 to beat the team in 5 places above them)

Rijeka (close to actually beat Dinamo to the Croatian title. Unbeaten all season)

Slavia Prague (surprisingly level on pts at the top with Plzen in Czech Republic with 4 games left to play. Ahead on GD)

7pm - 7/1

Lille (bit meh on this one. They usually love to screw me over whether I'm betting on them or against them)

Monaco (4/9 to beat relegation threatened Nancy)

Real Madrid (heard good things about them)

Ferencvaros (need points for Europa League qualification, away at what I think are an underachieving MTK)

Maribor (win needed for Slovenian title)

Ps. Ever since someone mentioned Al Ahly's mean defence they have conceded in their last two games. Their last game was the first time they'd conceded away lol

Edited by Walkers

I've gone for

Norwich City v Queens Park Rangers
Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town 
Hull City v Sunderland
Leicester City v Watford  
Grimsby Town v Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth v Cheltenham Town
Colchester United v Yeovil Town
Blackpool v Leyton Orient

£3 returns £105

15 hours ago, Walkers said:

Darmstadt need to win (for like the 3rd/4th game in a row) to stay up, away at Bayern who are already champions lol 40/1.......

Vozdovac (Serbia) 40/1 to beat Red Star Belgrade at home. Don't really fancy them at all but just think they're intriguing odds

Tomsk to beat Spartak Moscow. I think Spartak can win the title with a win and other results going their way, Tomsk are bottom and more or less already down, but are 55/1 to win. Spartak 1/66, I rarely see them odds in La Liga where the gap between top and bottom is ginormous, was amazed to see it in this game. I've seen Spartak up at around 1/3 this season to beat similar stature teams.

In a treble they are 95000/1 :ph34r: Alternatively 3 double chances is 440/1.

More sensibly I have again seen Mladost Lucani at 15/2 to win away at Vojvodina. Mladost have won their 1st 3 games since the league split, Vojvodina have lost their last 2 although against Partizan/Red Star. They're now both level on points.

Cukaricki 7/2 to win away at Backa Backa Palanka (honestly that is their name) Finished 13pts ahead of them in the regular season. Cukaricki have won 2 of their first 3, Palanka vice versa.

Well Darmstadt lost 1-0, Tomsk lost 1-0 and Vozdovac did beat Red Star at 40/1 :ph34r:

Cukaricki also won 4-2

On 19/03/2017 at 09:01, ScouseFox said:

7/1 the lesta to finish top half yep 

1/3 in places now. shall we lay it off? two tough games next week but we should beat bournemouth on the final day. 

Sporting Lisbon

Feyenoord

Ajax

PSV

Zenit

Genk

Colon (good odds) @ 8/1

Basel (good odds)

Sparta Prague

AaB (good odds)

Guimaraes (4th best team in Portugal this season, won their last 5 and at home to low side) @ 11/1

Rosenborg

Malaga (home to Europa League occupied Celta Vigo and in good form)

Benfica

KR (Iceland)

Atletico MG (Brazil) @ 11/1

Then a bit of a lower league bet

Apollon Smirnis (top of Greece 2nd div)

Puskas Academy (top of Hungary 2nd div)

Balmazujvarosi (Hungary 2nd div)

SPAL (top of Serie B)

Bodo Glimt (top of Norway 2nd div)

Ranheim (Norway 2nd div) @ 22/1

A few interesting ones i've found

Penafiel, away to Aves in Portugal's 2nd division. Aves already promoted in 2nd, nearest challenger Penafiel nothing to play for now but are 5/1 to win.

CS Craiova, 7/1 to beat Viitorul in Romania. Always known this to be a close league, CS finished 8pts behind leaders Viitorul in normal season, are 7pts behind after split

Dunav Ruse 16/1 to beat CSKA Sofia away in Bulgaria. I remember winning on Dunav at 5/1 to beat CSKA at home earlier in the season after they got off to a good start in the league. Are now 11pts behind after league split and have lost heavily away to CSKA twice this season. They did beat Ludogorets 1-0 away recently though

I've had one of my bets from the start of the season settled that I can't work out.

Sheffield Wednesday handicap (+14) outright in the Championship and it's settled as a loser. I don't get it? 

They're 13 points behind Newcastle who won and +14 to Sheffield Wednesday's total wins them the title. Can anyone explain? 

5 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I've had one of my bets from the start of the season settled that I can't work out.

Sheffield Wednesday handicap (+14) outright in the Championship and it's settled as a loser. I don't get it? 

They're 13 points behind Newcastle who won and +14 to Sheffield Wednesday's total wins them the title. Can anyone explain? 

Message whoever you bet with. Probably someone messed up. Sounds like a winner to me. 

16 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I believe that when you take the handicap at the start you must make note of all of the other handicaps for all of other teams and add those on and once that's done you get your final table amended with handicaps counting (could be wrong but think someone had a similar issue here before)

1 hour ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I'd imagine that Huddersfield would've had about a 30 point handicap and therefore finished above Sheff wed in the handicap league. Probably Brighton too. 

1 hour ago, zak_lcfc said:

I believe that when you take the handicap at the start you must make note of all of the other handicaps for all of other teams and add those on and once that's done you get your final table amended with handicaps counting (could be wrong but think someone had a similar issue here before)

Thats correct.