Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

On 03/03/2024 at 14:11, Dan LCFC said:

I think Rangers (1/8), Chesterfield (1/5) and Panathinaikos have now cost me a combined £800 in the last week.

I've landed 5 underdogs going ahead out of 8 as well and so far pocketed bugger all. That to me just rank bad luck, really bad variance.

Why back something at 1/8 and 1/5? They add almost no value to the combined odds. 

Edit: having read the thread :whistle: I assume they’re just fillers to chase the freeze on the outsider going ahead? 

Edited by Leeds Fox

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why back something at 1/8 and 1/5? They add almost no value to the combined odds. 

Edit: having read the thread :whistle: I assume they’re just fillers to chase the freeze on the outsider going ahead? 

Yep. Going for whatever bankers you can find to come in with the least possible problems. The value is in the outsider. 

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yeah they're just what I consider to be the safest wins. I've been let down by I think quite literally the three shortest priced teams I've backed though.

I didn't miss a lot tonight. Neither Genoa or Sheff Utd paid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah they're just what I consider to be the safest wins. I've been let down by I think quite literally the three shortest priced teams I've backed though.

I didn't miss a lot tonight. Neither Genoa or Sheff Utd paid.

I didn't give either a hope in hell of scoring first last night so avoided them both. 

Lazio, Rotherham and Wealdstone look decent picks tonight. Dorking too if you want a slightly shorter priced one at 3/1. I'll up to a massive £2 for those I think and save the bigger stakes for the weekend. 

Edited by The Bear

Another one up tonight thanks to Wealdstone. I did want some! 

I cashed out for £6 less rather than sweat on the late 1.10 shot to do me. Especially as it was a Mickey Mouse league! 

Screenshot_2024-03-05-22-03-40-614_com.skybet.app.skybet-edit.jpg

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Wow every acca tonight I had all my bankers come in but Rotherham and Lazio didn't score first :cry:

Oh and this one too from a free bet + cash. I'm on a roll! 

Screenshot_2024-03-05-23-48-37-794_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Edited by The Bear

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I cashed out for £6 less rather than sweat on the late 1.10 shot to do me. Especially as it was a Mickey Mouse league! 

Delighted to see this. It's a great method. It just has to pay.

They've taken some more leagues off I've noticed. Calling it now this feature is gone by May.

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

You here have inadvertently (I think?) made me think of another way here to make a win likelier - so you've backed an absolute banker there in Herediano (they won 2-0) but what's stopping you putting in a load of teams at 1.05, 1.08 etc... on later days and then taking the cash out early? I reckon you'll get offered a pretty generous cash out if you land the underdog as your first pick. I hadn't even thought of this.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You here have inadvertently (I think?) made me think of another way here to make a win likelier - so you've backed an absolute banker there in Herediano (they won 2-0) but what's stopping you putting in a load of teams at 1.05, 1.08 etc... on later days and then taking the cash out early? I reckon you'll get offered a pretty generous cash out if you land the underdog as your first pick. I hadn't even thought of this.

Might work, but my guess is with 4 legs still to play the cash out wouldn't be enough to make up for any potential acca losses in getting an outsider goal. 

On 05/03/2024 at 22:06, The Bear said:

You're putting Leicester in your sure-thing list? Have you watched us play recently!?!? 😅

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

You're putting Leicester in your sure-thing list? Have you watched us play recently!?!? 😅

I know... 

Can't keep losing forever though. And Sunderland are shite. 

In Coady I trust. 

Getting shit all luck this weekend. Of the 7 outsiders I've gone for so far EVERY single one of them has conceded in the first 10 mins :angry:

I guess the probabilities make this happen on occasion. Only need one win every few weeks to wipe all the losses out though. 

Awful weekend of results for the Acca Freeze system. Upped my stakes to £2 each but 0/16 for outsiders scoring first. Which is quite a mental statistic. Pretty much all of them conceded early and went on to lose easily/heavily. Reims managed it away at PSG but their odds were too poor for me to back them. 

Hopefully just a blip weekend and statistically unlikely, but big picture I only lost half my winnings from last weekend.

The bookies must have lost a bundle on football this weekend with so many short priced favourites winning. 

On 10/03/2024 at 21:16, The Bear said:

Awful weekend of results for the Acca Freeze system. Upped my stakes to £2 each but 0/16 for outsiders scoring first. Which is quite a mental statistic. Pretty much all of them conceded early and went on to lose easily/heavily. Reims managed it away at PSG but their odds were too poor for me to back them. 

Hopefully just a blip weekend and statistically unlikely, but big picture I only lost half my winnings from last weekend.

The bookies must have lost a bundle on football this weekend with so many short priced favourites winning. 

I was keeping tabs of things and I did have a bit of a chuckle, a bit of luck on the timing, virtually none of the big priced sides went ahead this weekend. Fenerbahce went behind at about 12/1 but I don't know if they even have the Turkish league anymore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I was keeping tabs of things and I did have a bit of a chuckle, a bit of luck on the timing, virtually none of the big priced sides went ahead this weekend. Fenerbahce went behind at about 12/1 but I don't know if they even have the Turkish league anymore.

I was doing alright last night actually. Had two Freezes in play in the Eerste Divisie with Dordechts and Top Oss. One of my bankers let me down though.

I was tempted to take the cash out on them both just after half time which would have paid about £18 instead of £28 full return. But since they were all off free bets (Sky Bet Club) I let them run. 

Edited by The Bear

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Betmgm imploding on one of the biggest bookie money maker days of the year is top banter. 

Can't even login. lol

I managed to login during the last race. In between races it just falls over. Obviously been hammered on that offer by punters and Matched Betters alike. 

Got in long enough to check all my free bets have been applied to my account. So will login late tonight once it's quiet and everyone's in bed. 

Edited by The Bear

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I managed to login during the last race. In between races it just falls over. Obviously been hammered on that offer by punters and Matched Betters alike. 

Got in long enough to check all my free bets have been applied to my account. So will login late tonight once it's quiet and everyone's in bed. 

Still haven't been able to login. Bonkers, they must have spent a small fortune on ads to get people there without making sure the website could handle it. :huh:

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Still haven't been able to login. Bonkers, they must have spent a small fortune on ads to get people there without making sure the website could handle it. :huh:

Chris Rock must be expensive!